To all who want Kelly gone

Find another team to follow. Anyone who thinks top coaches are lining up to run a program with the academic restrictions @ ND located in South Bend Indiana are brain dead.

Ever been to Palo Alto, Ann Arbor, Columbus, Madison, Athens, Boulder, Oxford, Eugene, Austin, Chapel Hill, Charlottesville, Knoxville, State College, Berkeley, Baton Rouge, Clemson, Tuscaloosa, etc?

Nuff said.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find another team to follow. Anyone who thinks top coaches are lining up to run a program with the academic restrictions @ ND located in South Bend Indiana are brain dead.

Ever been to Palo Alto, Ann Arbor, Columbus, Madison, Athens, Boulder, Oxford, Eugene, Austin, Chapel Hill, Charlottesville, Knoxville, State College, Berkeley, Baton Rouge, Clemson, Tuscaloosa, etc?

Nuff said.

Ann Arbor sucks as far as cities go. so does Columbus, Madison is in WI. Nuff said. Out of the 17 cities you listed , 4 maybe 5 are places I'd want to live.

This is one of those classic ND fan threads where in a very subtle manner claim we lose because of academics. Please. We lose because we are out coached. Those assertions imply that all these talented players that don't choose ND can't cut it in the classroom and we know that's not true.

If bk doesn't dump bvg then I'm fine with backing up a brinks truck to tom Herman and letting him name his price.

Amen!! Herman seems like a can't miss coach that Notre Dame will miss out on, and we will be stuck watching him succeed at some big school... :(

This is one of those classic ND fan threads where in a very subtle manner claim we lose because of academics. Please. We lose because we are out coached. Those assertions imply that all these talented players that don't choose ND can't cut it in the classroom and we know that's not true.

Agreed 1000% Academics do not hold us back...we can compete with the talent we put on the field.

I'm all in with BK.. Not BVG. We need a coach who will stress fundementals and attacking. Not scheme.. You could go back to a 5-2 and play great if you are sound fundamentally ... A cpl of those deep bombs, the corner wasn't turning and running with the WR until after the receiver was past them. The tackling was horrible, run fits were not there. Every year we are saying this and that linebacker is out of position. How long can that last? We need guys in the right position , breaking down, making tackles, and proper angles of pursuit. We were terrible at all of these phases, and this is the easiest thing to correct... Why?!!!!!!

I think CBK is doing a good job. I understand the 2 QB thing was a bit of a mistake, but we just don't know what the practices looked like. If he trots out both next week it's a concern.

The entire problem with this team is the defensive coordinator. The fact he was in love with a former walk-on who's sole attribute was his intelligence is ridiculous. The defense is too complicated. If I could find a link to the article I'd post it where BVG himself says he understands why people might think it's too complicated because of the results, but his defense is "fun" and "learnable". Both may be true at the NFL level where you have athletes who are the CREAM OF THE CROP, but it's obvious it doesn't work for 18-19 year old kids who just want to run around and smack somebody.

We're getting good athletes...... it's getting them on the field that's the hard part. CBK has made an effort to get the best on the field on O, regardless of their year. BVG.... not so much.

I think CBK is doing a good job. I understand the 2 QB thing was a bit of a mistake, but we just don't know what the practices looked like. If he trots out both next week it's a concern.

The entire problem with this team is the defensive coordinator. The fact he was in love with a former walk-on who's sole attribute was his intelligence is ridiculous. The defense is too complicated. If I could find a link to the article I'd post it where BVG himself says he understands why people might think it's too complicated because of the results, but his defense is "fun" and "learnable". Both may be true at the NFL level where you have athletes who are the CREAM OF THE CROP, but it's obvious it doesn't work for 18-19 year old kids who just want to run around and smack somebody.

We're getting good athletes...... it's getting them on the field that's the hard part. CBK has made an effort to get the best on the field on O, regardless of their year. BVG.... not so much.

Who's fault is it BVG is still here? It's not like this is surprising.

Who's fault is it BVG is still here? It's not like this is surprising.

No doubt it's Kelly's fault. I don't think it's worth canning him over, though. He has done a great job with the program overall. Is he the greatest coach in the nation..... nope..... not even close. He has righted the ship at ND as far as I'm concerned.

I did a quick average on BVG's points allowed since 2014.... it's 27.48.

Nuff said.

While I'm with you on not firing Kelly, please tell me your understanding of "academic restrictions" at ND... They're not what you think.

No doubt it's Kelly's fault. I don't think it's worth canning him over, though. He has done a great job with the program overall. Is he the greatest coach in the nation..... nope..... not even close. He has righted the ship at ND as far as I'm concerned.

I did a quick average on BVG's points allowed since 2014.... it's 27.48.

If this season turns into a 8-4/7-5 train wreck then what? BK is better then Weis,Willlingham, Davie, which is a real low bar. BK is not and never will be a championship type coach.

I'm not saying he should be fired RIGHT now but this BVG mess is 100% on his head.

BK has been amazing for this program...if our defense was as good as the O (which he oversees) then we would be a playoff team for sure. He gets a coordinator that can slightly above average and they would be great with the offense they have now. BK will leave when he wants to leave...maybe in 6 years guys. I'm in disbelief that people are calling for Herman. Kelly is a top 5 coach. How many coaches can take Cincinnati to a BCS game? How many coaches tried to get ND to where it is now since Holtz? We're a top 15 program every year with him ya knuckleheads!

Kelly is responsible for BVG. Period.

That defense has looked horrific since the second week of BVG's tenure and its ALWAYS the same ****...guys out of position, guys playing with poor technique, guys making the same stupid mental mistakes over and over and over.

Kelly is the head coach and he failed miserably in the opener, which in the landscape of College Football today means that Notre Dame's season ended before Labor Day. He lacked the guts to go for 2 in OT and he lacks the vision to dispense with a failed DC that is dragging down the entire program...

Replacing all of the WRs and 3/5ths of the OL and putting up 47 points yet STILL losing? That is not on CBK's offense, but it is entirely on CBK's head coaching performance.

This is year 7. There will no no national titles in those 7 years and only one appearance in the title game, a massacre that was over in 15 minutes. There is no appreciable progress towards being a championship team. There are HUGE TV ratings, highly memorable wins for OTHER teams (FSU, Clemson, Stanford, UT...etc.). There is OU '12, MSU'13 and then nothing for us under Kelly...MAYBE USC '12?

I said elsewhere, and I sadly believe this to my marrow now...I will not live to see another Notre Dame national championship. The possibility is not as remote as say University of Chicago or Army, but it is vanishingly small and Kelly will win 8 or 9 a year forever, which is perfectly fine with the administration and therefore a mathematical certainty that I will expire and go to meet the maker before the Irish will win it all again.

BK is not and never will be a championship type coach.

To be honest.... I don't think ND, in it's current configuration, is a championship team. I don't mean that the players, academic restrictions or any of that stuff. Not being in a conference completely is the problem I think. I understand we're aligned (air quotes) with a conference, but we can't be the champions. Yes we can schedule whoever we want, but once teams get into the thick of their season, nobody wants to schedule Notre Dame. As it stands, we must run the table. That's just to stay in the conversation. If we'd get over ourselves and join a conference (I say ACC) then we could at least hang our hat on a conference championship as a measuring stick. Way to many things have to come together to get into the playoffs. You're legit counting on the votes of somebody else, and let's face it.... Notre Dame has plenty of haters. Even people who HATE Alabama can say they're a dang good football team. If we were to go, say 10-2 or 11-1 and WIN the ACC.... we'd be in the conversation. If we go 10-2 or 11-1 right now I think people look for ways to exclude us. Being conference champs takes a lot of those negatives away.

I know the purists will cry, "What about the USC tradition? What about what Navy did for us in WWII?" My response is, "Do you want a championship or not?" Somebody awhile back said we should just name a building on campus after some admiral and be done with it. I agree. Shoot, let's host an exchange camp every year or something (if it's okay by NCAA) where certain Navy players go experience 2 weeks of ND football in the summer, and ND players can go be cadets for 2 weeks or something. We gain NOTHING (except some knee injuries... I'll be here all week folks!) from playing Navy.

As far as USC is concerned, I bet we could squeeze them into our schedule. I believe Clemson plays South Carolina as often as possible. Why not go for something like that?

I don't disagree completely with what you're saying. I totally see your point. I really have no arguments. I just hesitate to say get rid of Kelly right now, or even after this season. I would definitely agree if BVG is on staff next year... barring any miraculous defensive turn around..... eyebrows should be raised.

Kelly is responsible for BVG. Period.

That defense has looked horrific since the second week of BVG's tenure and its ALWAYS the same ****...guys out of position, guys playing with poor technique, guys making the same stupid mental mistakes over and over and over.

Kelly is the head coach and he failed miserably in the opener, which in the landscape of College Football today means that Notre Dame's season ended before Labor Day. He lacked the guts to go for 2 in OT and he lacks the vision to dispense with a failed DC that is dragging down the entire program...

Replacing all of the WRs and 3/5ths of the OL and putting up 47 points yet STILL losing? That is not on CBK's offense, but it is entirely on CBK's head coaching performance.

This is year 7. There will no no national titles in those 7 years and only one appearance in the title game, a massacre that was over in 15 minutes. There is no appreciable progress towards being a championship team. There are HUGE TV ratings, highly memorable wins for OTHER teams (FSU, Clemson, Stanford, UT...etc.). There is OU '12, MSU'13 and then nothing for us under Kelly...MAYBE USC '12?

I said elsewhere, and I sadly believe this to my marrow now...I will not live to see another Notre Dame national championship. The possibility is not as remote as say University of Chicago or Army, but it is vanishingly small and Kelly will win 8 or 9 a year forever, which is perfectly fine with the administration and therefore a mathematical certainty that I will expire and go to meet the maker before the Irish will win it all again.

not trying to be mean - I just thin Kelly is a top tier coach.

Name another coach that gets us there...? Saban and Meyer would be hard pressed to get one here.

Seriously - if not Kelly then who? Harbaugh didn't win a title at Stanford - he's a top 5 coach and they have similar challenges to Notre Dame.

The guy has saved the ND program. If he can get a decent DC, he has the offense in a place to make a title run.

But seriously - who could actually get it done at ND?

Dabo is a great coach - has a ton of talent, they havent won a title in all his time there.

Stoops is a great coach - has a ton of talent....they haven't won a championship in 16 years.

Oregon was a powerhouse with Chip Kelly - they didn't win a championship.

The guy has taken us to a NC and a major bowl game and now has us in a position to be top 15 every year and we want his head???

Name a coach that would win Championships here...where it's so hard to win with recruiting and the schedule.

maybe i'm wrong but I'm a BK fan ---- he needs to get a DC ASAP

Edited by seanscarborough
not trying to be mean - I just thin Kelly is a top tier coach.

Name another coach that gets us there...? Saban and Meyer would be hard pressed to get one here.

Seriously - if not Kelly then who? Harbaugh didn't win a title at Stanford - he's a top 5 coach and they have similar challenges to Notre Dame.

The guy has saved the ND program. If he can get a decent DC, he has the offense in a place to make a title run.

But seriously - who could actually get it done at ND?

Dabo is a great coach - has a ton of talent, they havent won a title in all his time there.

Stoops is a great coach - has a ton of talent....they haven't won a championship in 16 years.

Oregon was a powerhouse with Chip Kelly - they didn't win a championship.

The guy has taken us to a NC and a major bowl game and now has us in a position to be top 15 every year and we want his head???

Name a coach that would win Championships here...where it's so hard to win with recruiting and the schedule.

maybe i'm wrong but I'm a BK fan ---- he needs to get a DC ASAP

So much I disagree with. Kelly is not a top 5 coach or top 10, or top 20, if he was BVG would have been fired last year. A high school coach could have seen BVG system is not working.

Nuff said.

Boulder sux

So much I disagree with. Kelly is not a top 5 coach or top 10, or top 20, if he was BVG would have been fired last year. A high school coach could have seen BVG system is not working.

Uhhhh I get what you guys are saying. He's a great coach but some things are head scratchers. BVG mainly, but then him not being able to get out of his own way in many things. Still a BK believer but I get the push back.

BK has been amazing for this program. We're a top 15 program every year with him ya knuckleheads!

But we are still underachieving. That's the problem.

I feel like BK has reached his ceiling. Not calling for his head or anything but I don't see us trending any higher 9 1/2 win team.

The nuances of coaching seems to fail him. Like when to punt or go for 2.

I still feel for cam when BK had him run into the gauntlet backwards. It just shows little details get by our coach.

Still don't really recognize a true offensive scheme.

But we are still underachieving. That's the problem.

I feel like BK has reached his ceiling. Not calling for his head or anything but I don't see us trending any higher 9 1/2 win team.

The nuances of coaching seems to fail him. Like when to punt or go for 2.

I still feel for cam when BK had him run into the gauntlet backwards. It just shows little details get by our coach.

Still don't really recognize a true offensive scheme.

Good points. Dont know that I disagree. I think I just like the dude and want him to stay for a while. I bet he gets us to the playoff twice before he leaves eventually. Winning the title is a different story - we'll see if they can produce the defense. We're set at corner, safety and on offense for a while...now we need to get some defensive line monsters.

Good points. Dont know that I disagree. I think I just like the dude and want him to stay for a while. I bet he gets us to the playoff twice before he leaves eventually. Winning the title is a different story - we'll see if they can produce the defense. We're set at corner, safety and on offense for a while...now we need to get some defensive line monsters.

I'm not saying fire BK. I'm just not sure we can do better. We need to tamp down our expectations. That said, kelly irks me. He's just so full of it.

remember:

when he came here He said he'd have 3 qb's ready but could barely get a back up set to go.

How Jarret grace was just a week away from coming back?

How he claimed his defense is so much stronger in the fourth qtr. then our opponent. Maybe on opposite day

You guys recall him meeting with NBC to limit the commercials because we were gonna be playing so fast and that would slow us down:pound:

remember how nyles was a tackling machine as a freshmen but couldn't get on the field last year? he's a tackling machine again.

Just think, if EG stuck around last year, one of the best Qb's (kizer) would still be buried on the bench. probably behind wimbush now.

Remember when he hooked teo up with that fake girl?

OK. I went overboard.