What do you do as head coach?

If Elliot is up to it, let him do it. If not, I truly believe any mid major defensive coordinator would do a better job than the current ***-clown. I imagine the post game conference will have a lot of grading out double talk and then on Monday morning BVG will tell the players Joe Schmidt would've been in the right position.

I know someone mentioned on the game day thread that ND couldn't have prepared for their offense because they never saw it on film because it was "new". I would hope the God that the staff would have had the common sense to look at where the OC came from and what types of offense he had in the past. He's a Briles disciple so it's pretty evident how they were going to run their O, and our guys looked woefully unprepared to handle it most of the game.

He's gone. How can he not be, right? The worst three year defense I have ever seen. Every year our team is clueless on defense. I'd throw money at the biggest d-coordinator I could find. The guys on our staff aren't going to cut it for defensive replacements for Van Gorder.

I'd have to look at defensive coaches but I'm to numb to look right now.

I really don't think they fire him. Not because he shouldn't be, but because they'll "grade out the film" and see that players aren't where they're supposed to be, or didn't stick to their assignment. The scheme will never be looked at. The scheme is absolutely the problem.

We should have went after BC's DC from 2015

Oh don't you remember?....he's a life-long New Englander, at his age he'll never leave, blah blah blah...Harbaugh made the call and the offer, and away he went, and we're still stuck with our clown.

Big plays killed us. Texas should have had another two long touchdowns on us. Im shocked this game even went to overtime because Texas was just throwing it up and doing whatever they wanted to our defense. On mulitple plays, we were not even set up or in our stances before the ball was snapped. Just grossly unprepared for this game.

Looking at the schedule we could easily run the table but that loss might have done it. USC and MSU look like garbage so we have to bank on beating an undefeated Pac 12 champ Stanford who loses to us.

Thanks Kelly for not firing this goof when he potentially cost you a playoff spot lat year!!! When the **** are you going to learn.

Looking at the schedule we could easily run the table but that loss might have done it. USC and MSU look like garbage so we have to bank on beating an undefeated Pac 12 champ Stanford who loses to us.

Thanks Kelly for not firing this goof when he potentially cost you a playoff spot lat year!!! When the **** are you going to learn.

McCaffrey will eat this D for breakfast.

how can the defense be so bad AND so out of position multiple different times AND not be ready multiple different times when Texas is snapping the ball (all because of BVG) ..and Brian Kelly is too stupid not to know when so many other people can see it's obvious.

throwing my hands in the air like come on this is ridiculous!

if ND is going to win it has to be despite the defense.

Did anyone else think that this game was lost when we tried to run on 3rd and 12 towards the end of the fourth quarter?

Yep, absolutely. That was my first thought. Why? They had two timeouts. They were going to use one no matter what. At least try to get the first. If Kizer gets sacked oh well same differences. We played that to get into overtime and it almost cost us at the end of regulation. Also, why would you want to go to overtime in a hostile environment when we have struggled to stop them all game. Made no sense.

Did anyone else think that this game was lost when we tried to run on 3rd and 12 towards the end of the fourth quarter?

I don't understand the call, I mean I can't believe this is what was called, like Kelly just decided to hell with trying to move the ball lets just give them the ball back with a chance to win. how stupid can you be. I know Hunter was injured and out, but you still have other receivers including St. Brown who had already been good.

Yep, absolutely. That was my first thought. Why? They had two timeouts. They were going to use one no matter what. At least try to get the first. If Kizer gets sacked oh well same differences. We played that to get into overtime and it almost cost us at the end of regulation. Also, why would you want to go to overtime in a hostile environment when we have struggled to stop them all game. Made no sense.

OR maybe using a timeout to challenge an interception that wasn't even close...