5 players arrested

irishrush

Are you serious?? You and all the other BLM idiots are what's wrong with this Country- causing divide with stupidity!! So you're saying if Butler was white the Cops would've just walked away saying "Have a good night". Black, white...purple or pink they should be punished accordingly. There should be no special passes for being an athlete at Notre Dame or ANY school!! You're thought process irks the hell out of me

Yeah, holding bad cops accountable is a bad thing. You're an enabler. Go take your rush to let the cops get a free pass and stick it up your a$$.

And Aaron Knepper-the cop who arrested Butler- has a history of undue force, cruelty and lyin to IA.

http://wsbt.com/news/local/mother-son-brutally-attacked-by-police-officer

https://www.policeone.com/officer-misconduct-internal-affairs/articles/6092413-2-cops-suspended-for-prank-third-may-be-fired/

And here's what happens when you're black in Indiana. Policeman Aaron Knepper comes into your home illegally, tases you and your reward is 1 dollar for having your constitutional rights violated.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Cops-unconstitutional-conduct-brings-1-in-damages--389333911.html

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, holding bad cops accountable is a bad thing. You're an enabler. Go take your rush to let the cops get a free pass and stick it up your a$$.

And Aaron Knepper-the cop who arrested Butler- has a history of undue force, cruelty and lyin to IA.

http://wsbt.com/news/local/mother-son-brutally-attacked-by-police-officer

https://www.policeone.com/officer-misconduct-internal-affairs/articles/6092413-2-cops-suspended-for-prank-third-may-be-fired/

And here's what happens when you're black in Indiana. Policeman Aaron Knepper comes into your home illegally, tases you and your reward is 1 dollar for having your constitutional rights violated.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Cops-unconstitutional-conduct-brings-1-in-damages--389333911.html

You're not even worth arguing with. Thanks for the links to those older articles, some great reading ??

sighhh with this BLM...I'm not on anyone's side in this case...the BLM side needs to take a step back and really sort out their priorities

And the police side...it's not that we think all cops are a**holes...some of my friends are cops, and I know it's just a minority that makes the rest look bad. The thing that's pissing a lot of people off is the fact that those cops that are killing people aren't being held accountable. Basically, police officers haven't called out the offending officers at all and it shows a lack of accountability

sighhh with this BLM...I'm not on anyone's side in this case...the BLM side needs to take a step back and really sort out their priorities

And the police side...it's not that we think all cops are a**holes...some of my friends are cops, and I know it's just a minority that makes the rest look bad. The thing that's pissing a lot of people off is the fact that those cops that are killing people aren't being held accountable. Basically, police officers haven't called out the offending officers at all and it shows a lack of accountability

In what cases are officers to call out other officers?

Rumor on another board that the gun didn't belong to any of the 5. That it supposedly belongs to an ex player.

At the end of the day, thats a moot point. The gun is still unregistered, or else that players name would have shown up in a data base. I also highly doubt that not a single player in that car knew the gun was there.

You just lined up on the side of team stupid.

You just lined up on the side of team stupid.

Was that necessary? Instead of hurling insults, why not explain why you disagree with my statement?

Like I said, I don't have a dog in the fight... Just explained what I've been reading as to why people are pissed off

Not sure why that merited you calling me stupid but whatever...I would like to think that being fans of ND, we can all debate intelligently instead of insulting each other

Right? When someone else presents a side that you don't agree with, they're automatically stupid? God forbid someone shares a different view from you

Both sides have valid arguments

Edited by Franco

If 5 Bama players were arrested and there was a stolen handgun in a car, would you question whether or not they all knew about it?

It's not like there was someone's felon uncle Darryl in the car. It was 5 ND football players. Very close to each other with no "unknowns" with them. They all knew there was a gun. They all knew it was not registered to any of them and they all knew it was against the law. Stop being a homer.

Have to agree with Echo on this one. We can't stand here and bash Bama, tOSU, and U $C for every infraction and then grasp at straws, looking for a way to wiggle out when it involves ND. I hate to say it as a fan of the team, but as a fan of the way this university handles itself and what it stands for, none of these guys should see the field this year

Have to agree with Echo on this one. We can't stand here and bash Bama, tOSU, and U $C for every infraction and then grasp at straws, looking for a way to wiggle out when it involves ND. I hate to say it as a fan of the team, but as a fan of the way this university handles itself and what it stands for, none of these guys should see the field this year

I agree in the sense that one of the main reasons I follow ND is because of the high moral standards upheld compared with other schools. Butler should definitely be gone assuming the story on him is even moderately accurate.

The other situation is tricky. If one player owns up for the gun and all the others end up with a minor weed charge I have a hard time kicking those kids off the team. Floyd was suspended one game after a DUI which was his second alcohol offense. DUI is 100x worse than getting caught in a car that smells like weed in my opinion. The gun charge is inexcusable whoevers it was is gone.

There isn't a gun registry in Indiana. The gun charge is only there because they had weed. It could've been a legally possesd gun. You have to be 21 to buy a handgun from a dealer in Indiana. Red field was 21.

Well if that's true and the firearm was legally possessed then I change my stance. I could swear that all the initial reports (or maybe it was other posters) perpetuated an idea that the gun was confirmed as stolen.

Well if that's true and the firearm was legally possessed then I change my stance. I could swear that all the initial reports (or maybe it was other posters) perpetuated an idea that the gun was confirmed as stolen.

Not one report that I read said the gun was stolen. If it was stolen, there would be completely different charges against these players. The gun charge as it currently stands is a misdemeanor, and it's because it was not licensed. There's plenty of people that purchase guns legally, and then for whatever reason never get them licensed. Huge difference between legal firearm, and illegal firearm.

Now, if the gun did belong to someone else, and they find out the players took it, that could change things entirely. I'd assume Kelly already knows how they obtained it, and if they indeed stole it, he would have punished the others similar to Redfield in my opinion.

Not one report that I read said the gun was stolen. If it was stolen, there would be completely different charges against these players. The gun charge as it currently stands is a misdemeanor, and it's because it was not licensed. There's plenty of people that purchase guns legally, and then for whatever reason never get them licensed. Huge difference between legal firearm, and illegal firearm.

Now, if the gun did belong to someone else, and they find out the players took it, that could change things entirely. I'd assume Kelly already knows how they obtained it, and if they indeed stole it, he would have punished the others similar to Redfield in my opinion.

Well maybe Im just unaware of the licensing process in Indiana because Ive always had a CCL. But you either purchase a gun legally or you don't.

Nickman, Correct me if Im wrong, but if a weapon is unlicensed that means you obtained it from a private sale without going through a FFL. Here in NC, for example, the only way to purchase a firearm is to either obtain a gun permit or have a CCL. If neither is satisfied, then the weapon you have was purchased and obtained illegally.

Not to mention, if the weapon was purchased privately without going through an FFL then it could be stolen and they might not even know it. You are right that we would probably know that by now, but it doesn't look to me that the weapon was only an issue because there was pot in the car.

In Georgia, private party sales are allowed without going through an FFL. Also, you are not required to register a firearm in GA. Neither a CCL or permit is required, but that generally means you have to either keep it in either your home or car as you can't carry it on your person in public without either a CCL or permit (open carry).

In Georgia, private party sales are allowed without going through an FFL. Also, you are not required to register a firearm in GA. Neither a CCL or permit is required, but that generally means you have to either keep it in either your home or car as you can't carry it on your person in public without either a CCL or permit (open carry).

From what I've been told, if the gun wasn't loaded, and was stowed away properly, none of them would have received gun charges. This doesn't make sense to me as the gun could still be stolen even if it was properly put away.

Well maybe Im just unaware of the licensing process in Indiana because Ive always had a CCL. But you either purchase a gun legally or you don't.

Nickman, Correct me if Im wrong, but if a weapon is unlicensed that means you obtained it from a private sale without going through a FFL. Here in NC, for example, the only way to purchase a firearm is to either obtain a gun permit or have a CCL. If neither is satisfied, then the weapon you have was purchased and obtained illegally.

Not to mention, if the weapon was purchased privately without going through an FFL then it could be stolen and they might not even know it. You are right that we would probably know that by now, but it doesn't look to me that the weapon was only an issue because there was pot in the car.

I kinda mispoke in my earlier post. Their is not a registry of firearms in Indiana. Private firearms sales are not subjected to a background check in our state, if you go to a dealer you will be subjected to a NICS background check and have to fill out a 4473. When conducting a private sale from one person to another the seller is still obligated to assume the buyer is a "proper" person as laid out in federal gun laws. So if any of those guys bought the gun in question they could have obtained it legally through a private party sale. You only need a CCL in indiana to carry a gun loaded and concealed or in you car loaded. Im assuming that these guys had the gun loaded and it was within reach which would require a CCL issued by the state, hence the gun charge. To simplify, a gun isnt licensed in our state, only the means to carry a gun loaded. Had the gun these guys had been unloaded and in the trunk they wouldnt have probably had the gun charge.

The firearm was not owned or purchased by any of the players in the car. It was obtained by one of them, you all know who. Regardless of firearm law opinions, it was a stupid choice looking at the situation as a whole. Hopefully all learn and grow from the unfortunate experience.

The firearm was not owned or purchased by any of the players in the car. It was obtained by one of them, you all know who. Regardless of firearm law opinions, it was a stupid choice looking at the situation as a whole. Hopefully all learn and grow from the unfortunate experience.

Pretty much same story I'm hearing. I'm just wondering what kind of trouble the person who gave him the gun will get into.

Pretty much same story I'm hearing. I'm just wondering what kind of trouble the person who gave him the gun will get into.

They won't get into any trouble as long as the person they gave it to was considered a "proper" person in the eyes of the law. They may have a hell of a time getting the gun back though as its now evidence.