scUM gets Jumpman

roarcity269

I think its ridiculous to have a bball player on a football uni. Looks weird to me.

When I read the story first I thought their bball team was doing and thought meh, who cares and why would nike bother. Then I saw it was Harbaugh and obviously all logic went flying out the window.

Leave them have it, it looks stupid.

Apart from the odd Jumpman logo, I think they look snazzy!

I dig the white pants with the white jerseys more than the maize pants and love the matte finish helmets

A shame we can't do matte gold because it will just look like...well, our helmets back in 2006 - 2011 (to me, it seemed 2006 is when the color turned more brown than gold)

I'm sure we all think its ridiculous to have the basketball guy on football jerseys, but you know who doesn't... high school kids making college decisions. That brand holds weight... just sayin.

That brand holds weight with the older demographic. A 17 year old HS kid(the 2017 class) was born when Jordan retired a second time. He was 1-2 years old when Jordan was a Washington Wizard. These kids don't know who Jordan is.

I'd hear your argument if it was Lebron on the Jersey. But I got a co-worker who is a recent Michigan grad, 22 years old, and never saw Jordan play a single minute for the Bulls, he was still in Diapers when Space Jam came out.

**** I'm 31, and I have no memories of Jordan pre-first retirement. My nearest sports memories really don't start till '91-'92 and we were a Piston's family.

Having said all that...putting Jordan a football jersey looks absolutely ridiculous.

Co3xh8eUEAAYbpJ.jpg:large

28118207483_0d63fe8fef_b.jpg

28628236352_26f6daec54_o.jpg

That brand holds weight with the older demographic. A 17 year old HS kid(the 2017 class) was born when Jordan retired a second time. He was 1-2 years old when Jordan was a Washington Wizard. These kids don't know who Jordan is.

I'd hear your argument if it was Lebron on the Jersey. But I got a co-worker who is a recent Michigan grad, 22 years old, and never saw Jordan play a single minute for the Bulls, he was still in Diapers when Space Jam came out.

**** I'm 31, and I have no memories of Jordan pre-first retirement. My nearest sports memories really don't start till '91-'92 and we were a Piston's family.

Having said all that...putting Jordan a football jersey looks absolutely ridiculous.

Co3xh8eUEAAYbpJ.jpg:large

28118207483_0d63fe8fef_b.jpg

28628236352_26f6daec54_o.jpg

Jordan's are still popular among kids. No idea why, but they'll/their parents will spend over $300 on these shoes. However, nobody over the age of 18 who doesn't play bball should wear them.

G]

Definitely false. Young people are VERY much into Jordans (the sneakers that bear the jumpan logo). Lil Wayne even has a lyric in one of his songs that goes "born in New Orleans Get killed 4 Jordans". Just saying...those sneakers and the jumpan logo are INCREDIBLY popular amongst the young urban market. Kids wait in live overnight to buy those shoes. It really has nothing to do with actually seeing Jordan play basketball. The brand is strong and teenage boys will eat that up.

With that said, I also think it's kinda weird to have it on a football uniform.

If there's one thing I can say about the Jordan/Jumpman logo, it has stood the test of time and basically it has become iconic. The same can be said for Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars which have been in production for something like a hundred years now.

I think a basketball logo on a football uniform is kind of stupid but hey, not my circus, not my monkeys.