BVG Makes 1.1 Million

The crux of the article is that Weis is still gettin paid.

But that is not nearly as interesting as learning that BVG makes 1.1 million. How much did Kirb Smart or Muschamp make as DCs? Maybe I just haven't been paying attention and that is the going rate for a DC at a big program.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15566256/tax-returns-notre-dame-paid-charlie-weis-more-2014-15-brian-kelly

The crux of the article is that Weis is still gettin paid.

But that is not nearly as interesting as learning that BVG makes 1.1 million. How much did Kirb Smart or Muschamp make as DCs? Maybe I just haven't been paying attention and that is the going rate for a DC at a big program.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15566256/tax-returns-notre-dame-paid-charlie-weis-more-2014-15-brian-kelly

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/06/23/alabama-assistant-coaches-salaries/29168187/

Kirby Smart made $1.5 million in his last year at Alabama.

It's nice to see that ND is paying its assistants more than in previous years, but it's just a shame to see how much money they've wasted on BVG.

It is almost hard to look at Weis the same with the buyout he's still receiving from ND. More than Kelly last year? Are you serious? Kelly sure takes that a lot better than I would. These buyout clauses in coaches' contracts are ridiculous. Weis is raking in serious dough to NOT be affiliated with schools. SMH.

It is almost hard to look at Weis the same with the buyout he's still receiving from ND. More than Kelly last year? Are you serious? Kelly sure takes that a lot better than I would. These buyout clauses in coaches' contracts are ridiculous. Weis is raking in serious dough to NOT be affiliated with schools. SMH.

You're pointing your finger at the wrong belly of fat...the school takes the blame for all that...

Kelly makes a lot more than what the tax returns tell you. There's a lot of UA language that round-a-bouts money to his salary but doesn't have to be claimed under his name as salary--or so I've heard. BVG making 1.1 million is good in my opinion. Show's ND's willing to pay for assistants, therefore making it easier for new assistants to come on board. I won't go into BVG's performance yet as I think there have been numerous things that have worked against him. Hoping this year will be the year we find defensive resolution.

You're pointing your finger at the wrong belly of fat...the school takes the blame for all that...
They sure do. I realize whose fault it is. I just fundamentally disagree with it. Weis did very little for this program other than making the games fun and high scoring. I wonder if any other schools have fired coaches making more than current coaches who are successful. Just venting here, that's all.
You have to pay extra for that "decided schematic advantage..."
Lol he couldn't bring spygate to South Bend. For some reason, I have a feeling he didn't mention that piece of his work when interviewing for the head coaching job.