Blue/Gold Game Official Thread

Irish Chris

I see your point about the original and follow up statement; however I feel your conclusion is faulty. Kizer clearly has more game experience and has enough of the running skills to keep defenses on their heals. His arm is as strong with better touch. My only criticism is his tendency to fix on the primary receiver. What I saw today was some of that but also better skill in going through his progressions. That side arm throw was a thing of beauty. I complained all last year that he was slow in his decisiveness; but I believe the game will slow down for him in a second year. Yeah it's a spring game, but he looked more poised and in command of calling out audibles and protections. Either way we are in a great position. I believe CBK values game experience over tenure.

Yep. And the fact that common sense should dictate who will start further proves my point as to why BK will start Zaire. He will start without question.

Yep. And the fact that common sense should dictate who will start further proves my point as to why BK will start Zaire. He will start without question.

You're point is Kelly will not take the common sense approach? You have ZERO to base that off of. Zaire beat out Golson to win the starting job last year, and Golson was the Sr.

We all know we have a really good offense

WHAT IF the defense is that good where it can stop really good offenses like ours?

That would be awesome

That's what gave me a positive impression of this team. Normally these games come with mixed feelings if one side of the ball makes the other look bad. Here it seems both sides played well and when there was scoring it was because of great plays on the Offense as opposed to poor play by the Defense.

You're point is Kelly will not take the common sense approach? You have ZERO to base that off of. Zaire beat out Golson to win the starting job last year, and Golson was the Sr.

Golson suffered a collapse of epic proportions in 2014 and couldnt even survive the entire USC game before getting benched. Then he transferred to FSU in May. Zaire started because Golson left.

Disappointed in our top two D recruits... D Hayes and K Kareem.

Thought one of them would help finally give us a pass rush but, nope.

Kareem (#53) looked gassed the whole game.

Least they have 5 more months...

Hayes played about a grand total of a year and a half in his four years of HS due to injury and transfer. He is based entirely out of potential and camps he attended. I'd be shocked if he has much of an impact this year at all let alone get much PT. We'll see how he progresses and stays healthy in his career.

I thought I read that Kareem is getting adjusted to his weight, and still has a ways to go.

Golson suffered a collapse of epic proportions in 2014 and couldnt even survive the entire USC game before getting benched. Then he transferred to FSU in May. Zaire started because Golson left.

Pretty sure Zaire was the starter leading to Golson's departure. You're bending the truth to match your narrative, which was extremely flawed from the start.

Hayes played about a grand total of a year and a half in his four years of HS due to injury and transfer. He is based entirely out of potential and camps he attended. I'd be shocked if he has much of an impact this year at all let alone get much PT. We'll see how he progresses and stays healthy in his career.

I thought I read that Kareem is getting adjusted to his weight, and still has a ways to go.

I really want to see Daelin Hayes stay healthy and see what he can do. His injury history is concerning to say the least. Also want to see what Kareem can do. Sounds like he'll need to work on his stamina. No doubt he has natural pass rushing skills which we desperately need.

What part was unclear? BK prefers the guys who have had longer to digest his game.

Golson started over Rees in 2012. If Zaire starts, it's not gonna be because he's been a part of the program longer...it's gonna be because Kelly thinks he gives the team the best shot to win. It's that simple.

Edited by LasVegasIrish

Pretty sure Zaire was the starter leading to Golson's departure. You're bending the truth to match your narrative, which was extremely flawed from the start.

Well a "pretty sure" from Elder is really all that is needed here. I'm pretty sure that EG wouldve still started had he returned. He transferred to FSU because they needed a QB for a super talented team, it was down south, and he didn't have to work hard for it.

Well a "pretty sure" from Elder is really all that is needed here. I'm pretty sure that EG wouldve still started had he returned. He transferred to FSU because they needed a QB for a super talented team, it was down south, and he didn't have to work hard for it.

No, he knew he lost the QB battle here. If he beat outZaire, he would've stayed. And as LV Irish mentioned, Golson's beat out Rees in 2012. Face it, you made an idiotic assertion with no proof.

I hope to God we are still talking about the QB situation come fall.

Since Brady Quinn left we have been bitchn about "why cant BK recruit a QB?"...well, now we have 3!

However, recent history shows someone will F up (copy hw; get a tutor to blow u and write ur papers; mouth off to a cop while performing the worse Hussain Bolt impression ever) or get his jock in a bunch and leave.

I kind of believe BK thinks the situation will work itself out so the decision is easy.

I liked the job Newsome did as well, he was booming them in warmups. He kicked one about 55-60 yards and dropped it almost perfectly at the one yard line. During the game he placed one at the two.

There were a couple of other punters that I had to look up in the program and the one looked pretty decent as well but I can't remember if it was Chereson or Riney.

Here is an article on QB height with data.

While statistic show height doesn't affect results. The shear volume of QB's who are taller speaks volumes.

Taller QB's can see more of the field and importantly where defenders are. They also simply have bigger hands. Bigger QB's tend to be more durable.

There are the Fran Tarkentons and Russell Wilsons and Doug Flutiies of the world but they are fewer and farther between. I'll give Malik this, he does have qualities of these guys and he is much more accurate than I ever expected.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/tall-task-does-height-matter-for-nfl-quarterbacks/22067/

Edited by Domer Dude

No, he knew he lost the QB battle here. If he beat outZaire, he would've stayed. And as LV Irish mentioned, Golson's beat out Rees in 2012. Face it, you made an idiotic assertion with no proof.

And that's your opinion. Eat crow when Zaire starts this year.

I guess Golson needed to throw 50 INTs before giving Zaire a shot against USC. That was our 4th loss in a row. If Zaire was ready enough to replace Golson against USC, he was ready enough to replace Golson earlier in the season when EG started to crumble. But I guess our wise and illustrious coach didn't see it that way. It contradicts your opinion that BK will play skill over experience...

Edited by echo88

Just pulling nonsense out of your butt while ignoring the overwhelming data that obliterates your flawed, lazy argument.

BK has shown zero hesitancy to start the player with less time invested in the program. EG beat out Rees. Malik beat out EG.

At least be man enough to say: "You know what, I swung and missed on this one."

Just pulling nonsense out of your butt while ignoring the overwhelming data that obliterates your flawed, lazy argument.

BK has shown zero hesitancy to start the player with less time invested in the program. EG beat out Rees. Malik beat out EG.

Thanks for your input. I'll definitely think long and hard about it and not ignore your unwavering homerism at all.

Right. Anyway go ahead and read any article covering EG after the move. He clearly outlines his reasons for leaving after he graduated.

Want to chime in....

Don't think EG would have left if he was going to start.

BK will play the guy who gives them the best shot to win. Nothing else involved.

I've been rooting for Zaire to start, but as of right now I think Kizer is clearly in the lead. Has better command of the offense. If Malik can be as good of a manager out there and make plays that aren't just big chunk plays then he has a chance. But if he just hit's home runs and cant hit singles and doubles, Kizer has it in the bag.

Agreed, this is one of the worst arguments I've ever read in this forum. He hasn't been able to support his argument, and every fact goes against him. It's clearly meant to be a swipe at Kelly for whatever reason.

Want to chime in....

Don't think EG would have left if he was going to start.

BK will play the guy who gives them the best shot to win. Nothing else involved.

I've been rooting for Zaire to start, but as of right now I think Kizer is clearly in the lead. Has better command of the offense. If Malik can be as good of a manager out there and make plays that aren't just big chunk plays then he has a chance. But if he just hit's home runs and cant hit singles and doubles, Kizer has it in the bag.

Zaire would be awesome in short yardage and Red Zone. I hope BK uses him like Meyer did with Tebow as a Freshman.

It's tough to say Kizer is more consistent going off a quarter of play in a spring game. A couple more completions doesn't say much, especially considering the circumstances. I can always point to the fact Zaire hasn't turned the ball over but I'll get the 2 and half game sample size argument.

Who knows which side had better receivers and linemen, and same with the defense. The only takeaway I got was the defense looked alot better than usual.

The coaches have seen lots more in the spring practices which they have gathered their info from. Lot's more will come in main camp as well.

I am pulling for Zaire but man this will be a close competition, probably the closest I've seen since being a fan by far.

Disappointed in our top two D recruits... D Hayes and K Kareem.

Thought one of them would help finally give us a pass rush but, nope.

Kareem (#53) looked gassed the whole game.

Least they have 5 more months...

Shoot ... He was gassed in practice. I sure hope the improved diet and Longo will fix him.

I hope to God we are still talking about the QB situation come fall.

Since Brady Quinn left we have been bitchn about "why cant BK recruit a QB?"...well, now we have 3!

However, recent history shows someone will F up (copy hw; get a tutor to blow u and write ur papers; mouth off to a cop while performing the worse Hussain Bolt impression ever) or get his jock in a bunch and leave.

I kind of believe BK thinks the situation will work itself out so the decision is easy.

I applaud you. This was perfect and so true. Made me laugh.