'16 GA WR D. Robertson returning to ND

why would they be obligated to take him? People are saying he doesn't have to sign and that he could just show up because he's such a tremendous talent. We wouldn't allow bruce heggie to not sign a loi and just show up on the first day of school.

not. Sure. If. Serious.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He listened to us and decided a date 2 weeks from now.

Has Georgia on His Mind

The Georgia guys are saying he told Georgia he's not visiting ND even though he told us 2 weeks ago he was. He needs to just go ahead and commit somewhere. Would be surprised if it's not UGA.
He listened to us and decided a date 2 weeks from now.

Has Georgia on His Mind

So did he get the grades for stanford? if so this seems like a foregone conclusion. He's probably the kid i wanted most out of that class but I don't care anymore. My guess is ND will be his second choice whether he ends up in palo alto or Athens.

How late could he "show up" and ND still be obligated to take him?

With no LOI, ND is never "obligated" to take him. However, he's a big enough talent that ND would accept him anytime up through school starting, in all likelihood. That's just one reason that walk on's aren't awarded scholarships until after school starts.

An LOI is a security blanket for recruits, especially those on the edge. It locks a school into a player, and a player into a school. However, it's not a requirement for a player to play football in college. Some guys can get away without ever signing an LOI and schools will take them anyway.

I'm sorry I know he's a high school kid and it's a big decision but just pick a damn school. Is he really still playing the "top 3 schools" game this late? Just make a decision and move on.

Why does it matter to you so much? It's his life. Who cares?

Why does it matter to you so much? It's his life. Who cares?

Surprised it took you this long to respond. You and the Hoosier forget the basic idea behind a forum. We are fans and we like talking about the stuff that is relevant to this school. So Yeah it does matter. It matters to us fans. As far as anyone seeing a therapist or crying in their pillow... no. But this is a fan forum. So to discuss the unusual approach this kid is taking to his recruitment is fodder for discussion. Likewise, as a open forum to express feelings about it, some express their frustration over what they perceive about this unusual process. You don't have to agree. But to belittle or be condescending to those who it does matter to in the spirit of forum discussion, is not necessary. You know... in the spirit of a fan forum.

I'm sorry I know he's a high school kid and it's a big decision but just pick a damn school. Is he really still playing the "top 3 schools" game this late? Just make a decision and move on.

Imagine it's your kid for a second. He played his heart out during the school year and didn't get a chance to truly take all his visits. Or, he's just not 100% sure. You want him to sign a legal contract that could take away multiple years of eligibility if it's not where his heart is, or you want him to do what he's completely allowed to do, and truly wait until he's 100%?

We get upset sometimes for mature things that we would respect the hell out of our own children for doing.

Imagine it's your kid for a second. He played his heart out during the school year and didn't get a chance to truly take all his visits. Or, he's just not 100% sure. You want him to sign a legal contract that could take away multiple years of eligibility if it's not where his heart is, or you want him to do what he's completely allowed to do, and truly wait until he's 100%?

We get upset sometimes for mature things that we would respect the hell out of our own children for doing.

If my kid were the last highly recruited player in the country that is not signed up somewhere, I would really question why he was unable to make up his mind during the 2+ years that he was playing the recruiting game.

I am all for allowing these kids to make informed and educated decisions...but being at this point in his decisions process this late in the game is pathetic. In all honesty, missing the ball by as much as he has, I am not sure I trust his decision making ability or his ability to balance the schedule / requirements of being a student athlete at ND.

If my kid were the last highly recruited player in the country that is not signed up somewhere, I would really question why he was unable to make up his mind during the 2+ years that he was playing the recruiting game.

I am all for allowing these kids to make informed and educated decisions...but being at this point in his decisions process this late in the game is pathetic. In all honesty, missing the ball by as much as he has, I am not sure I trust his decision making ability or his ability to balance the schedule / requirements of being a student athlete at ND.

Bingo.

I am positive my kid would have been decisive enough to make the decision that 99.9% of all other players have made. I have a feeling unless this kid falls into the perfect situation he will transfer at the first sign of inconvenience to him.

Bingo.

I am positive my kid would have been decisive enough to make the decision that 99.9% of all other players have made. I have a feeling unless this kid falls into the perfect situation he will transfer at the first sign of inconvenience to him.

......Or his brother

Dude, it's school. Let him figure it out. Big decision. Glad we're focused on what's important - the kid's education. Or, is it our own personal satisfaction? Hmmm... And, in other more important news - ISIS and the rise of that commie Bernie Sanders. But, hey, I'm gonna cry this kid is waiting too long to determine his life's fate.

Dude, it's school. Let him figure it out. Big decision. Glad we're focused on what's important - the kid's education. Or, is it our own personal satisfaction? Hmmm... And, in other more important news - ISIS and the rise of that commie Bernie Sanders. But, hey, I'm gonna cry this kid is waiting too long to determine his life's fate.

Says the man reading an Internet posting about the kid, and taking the time to respond repeatedly to the thread.

Just stop, try to find a happy place..