'16 GA WR D. Robertson returning to ND

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Noo-GIF.gif?gs=a

My thoughts exactly haha. I know there's a Will Ferrell one with this exact sentiment.

Well, if he comes here that's a great thing. As Big said, we'll know in June.

Obviously, he's talented, but do you want someone who is so oriented on his own situation, and doesn't care how it might impact a cohesive team?

This is how he responded when he didn't get his way in high school:

http://www.macon.com/sports/high-school/article30148713.html

A year ago, his brother telegraphed that he might not sign on signing day, and that turned out to be true:

http://georgia.247sports.com/Article/Demetris-Robertson-could-be-next-top-prospect-to-not-sign-NLI-36927922

Everybody gets to make their own decisions, but I'd be concerned about the situation, in light of some of the recent, more problematic guys who we've dealt with in the past.

Obviously, he's talented, but do you want someone who is so oriented on his own situation, and doesn't care how it might impact a cohesive team?

Sounds like the family had a real beef if the the Georgia High School association changed transfer eligibility rules and then retroactively ruled him ineligible for 2014 for a transfer that predated the rule change.

His brother definitely seems to be somewhat of a weird influence/guardian. Not that he's a bad person or anything, but just kinda a weird dude.

To me, the brother actually comes across as someone who understands the college recruiting game better than most.

I have no problem with Robertson taking time to make his decision. My son did not make his school decision until May of his senior year as he picked from three different finalists.

To me, the brother actually comes across as someone who understands the college recruiting game better than most.

I have no problem with Robertson taking time to make his decision. My son did not make his school decision until May of his senior year as he picked from three different finalists.

Could be right. In his quotes he just seems awkward to me.

A year ago, his brother telegraphed that he might not sign on signing day, and that turned out to be true:

http://georgia.247sports.com/Article/Demetris-Robertson-could-be-next-top-prospect-to-not-sign-NLI-36927922

Everybody gets to make their own decisions, but I'd be concerned about the situation, in light of some of the recent, more problematic guys who we've dealt with in the past.

I have no problem with what the brother did in filing suit. He has a good case there, and I've seen this done multiple times.

Do I think this has dragged out for far too long, and worried about where Demetris head is at if he were to come to ND? Am I worried he has had very little input on where he wants to go to school because of his home situation and his brother? Absolutely, but I'll take him at ND if he wants to join the team.

Who's the donkey that locked the original Robertson thread??!!! :frusty:

The last several pages had nothing to do with Robertson and we'd all check it expecting news or something regarding him with nothing but off-topic banter. It was a good time to nix it and breathe life into a new thread.

Usually recruitments like this don't end well for us. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I wish we would be the program with the sack to tell him to forget his visit and "good luck to you (and your brother) in future endeavors". Whatever program he chooses will inherit the headache. There are more red flags than are worth stroking him anymore.

I thought that I read somewhere that a student has to sign by April 1 of that year to be able to play with that class. Doea anyone know if that's true?

Nope.

You don't need to ever sign a letter of intent. He could sign financial aid papers and show up to class in the fall if he wanted to.

His brother definitely seems to be somewhat of a weird influence/guardian. Not that he's a bad person or anything, but just kinda a weird dude.

His brother is living vicariously through him. His brother is enjoying having his behind kissed by coaches. Sure he wants the perfect spot for his little brother but him using the term "us" and "we" when he talks recruiting let me know something was odd.

Normally, I think we would all be excited to see a 5 star coming to our campus to visit. However, I just can't get excited about this guy. He may be taking his due diligence in selecting where he wants to go, but he has effectively destroyed the excitement and expectation of being a recruit to whatever university he chooses. Although we would probably still take him if he chose us, the coaches have to be a bit slighted when they threw everything they had to him to make him a part of our 2016 recruiting class, and it wasn't good enough. And the rest of his teammates will have to be thinking that he thinks he is all that. I think he has done more to hurt his future than help it, in all honesty. I hope it works out for him, wherever he chooses, but if he comes to ND or he doesn't, I am not going to get excited about it. The excitement is long gone.

Usually recruitments like this don't end well for us. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Wish I could say the same thing. I refuse to get excited about this kid going to ND unless he signs the paperwork to commit. His recruitment has been drug out way too long.
However, I just can't get excited about this guy. He may be taking his due diligence in selecting where he wants to go, but he has effectively destroyed the excitement and expectation of being a recruit to whatever university he chooses.

With all due respect, but he's obviously got bigger concerns about this decision than whatever "excitement and expectation" his addition to a recruiting class will create.

As long as he shows up Day 1 for practice/classes - at whatever school he chooses - is there really any net negative to him prolonging the decision?