I don't post a lot. But i'm snowed in in nashville, so I thought I would look around about recruits. I know we are not in the mix for Gary, however I found this. He is listed as the 2nd best recruit only behind Clowney in the last 15 years. Wow!!

I truly enjoy all the insite this board provides, keep up the good work, and stay warm.

http://247sports.com/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruitRankings

All of those guys had good-great college careers. Gary is obviously tbd but I'd take any of those other guys in a heartbeat.

yeah for sure - he is definitely in good company according to recruiting services.

i was just pointing out that the OP was incorrect in saynig that gary was ranked 2nd. He was actually tied for first (with all those other people as well).

yeah for sure - he is definitely in good company according to recruiting services.

i was just pointing out that the OP was incorrect in saynig that gary was ranked 2nd. He was actually tied for first (with all those other people as well).

Right right wasn't directed at you, just a general comment. Also, there are very few misses in the top 50, a lot of really stellar CFB careers on that list.

Rankbyoffers.com

Ranks recruits by their offers which I've always felt was a good indicator of ranking recruiting classes comparatively.....nd comes in at #4 behind UF, LSU, Michigan.....

I think one part that is cool is it ranks which schools offer is the most heralded....it bases it off of the recruit ranking who has the offer and how many offers they've given out if I'm understanding correctly

1) Alabama

2) A&M

3) Clemson

4) LSU

5) FSU

6) Texas

7) Auburn

8) UGA

9) USC

10) Ole Miss

11) Florida

12) Tennessee

13) Notre Dame

14) South Carolina

15) UCLA

16) OSU

17) Miami

18) UNC

19) Oregon

20) Oklahoma

21) Michigan

22) Baylor

23) Stanford

24) Arkansas

25) Penn State

What do you guys think about those rankings

Edited by yikityyakirish
  • 2 weeks later...
Sure would like to know why we didn't even get a sniff in his recruiting

He's got the grades....he went to a Catholic school....he's the kid we definitely need.....................what is it?

Some kids just are not interested in schools like Notre Dame, they want the big party schools in the South. Happens multiple times every year.

Rankbyoffers.com

Ranks recruits by their offers which I've always felt was a good indicator of ranking recruiting classes

1) Alabama

2) A&M

3) Clemson

4) LSU

5) FSU

6) Texas

7) Auburn

8) UGA

9) USC

10) Ole Miss

11) Florida

12) Tennessee

13) Notre Dame

14) South Carolina

15) UCLA

16) OSU

17) Miami

18) UNC

19) Oregon

20) Oklahoma

21) Michigan

22) Baylor

23) Stanford

24) Arkansas

25) Penn State

What do you guys think about those rankings

I never thought much of ranking kids based off of offers.

1) Some schools offer upwards of 200 kids per year. they all can't be studs.

2) It don't take into account of if it's a "commitable" offer. To me an offer is only good if you can act upon it.

3) A lot of kids are now getting offers from better programs because those schools have to replace transfers, players leaving early,decommits, and new coaches trying to patch together a last minute recruiting class.

4) Do you really know if a kid has offers from a school? Schools can't comment. I remember a few years ago there was a story about a kid who held a press conference at his school with the whole hat show announcing his decision. Turned out he lied about being offered any of those schools.

I personally think 4 stars is the new 3 star. They are very common now. I look at position ranking. I want kids who are top 10 at their position. If you are the a 4 star and the 40th best cornerback... You're a project IMO.

Ranked in top 50 of last 15 years should be pereniel pro-bowler. Only Peterson' date=' Jones, and Berry made it to that level. Granted not all on list have made it to NFL yet.[/quote']

Why? The rankings are for entering college, not NFL future. We're they legendary type college players? They're mostly right.

Really? When did they change that? Seems weird that sites surveying guys for college prospects would judge them on NFL scale, instead.

I know 247 has 32 5* a year for this very purpose. They try to judge the 32 players they see having first round talent. Obviously, they know it's not a perfect sciences and what's really the difference between the 33 ranked player and the 32 ranked player? Haha

But I'm with the you on this...if a five star prospect has a very productive college career that's good enough for me.

Sure would like to know why we didn't even get a sniff in his recruiting

He's got the grades....he went to a Catholic school....he's the kid we definitely need.....................what is it?

The reason ND did not get a sniff from him is that his former HS coach Chris Partridge had a big hand in directing Jabril Peppers to the Skunkbears. When Harbaugh was hired, he suddenly quit St. Joseph's as coach to be Harbaugh's recruiting coordinator and was recently promoted to LB coach. He has been in Gary's ear every day forever and there is no way in heck Gary will go anywhere but Michigan. He will follow his Pied Piper-- Partridge.