BVG and Longo should be fired

Frankus

Given that both are Kelly's GV cronies, I am skeptical that he'll do it.

The sad thing is that, at the most storied college football program, I have no faith that Swarbrick has the balls to give Kelly the ultimatum to fire his friends.

At Alabama and Ohio State their fanbase would be calling for Kelly's head. Here at ND we're shitting our pants about whether Kelly is the best we can do and not sure that he's got more leverage than our senior athletic management.

Sucks.

Absolutely agree. They need to go.

The problem is with the university itself. It is perfectly content with winning 9 games a year and does not want to do what it takes to compete with the big boys, to BE a big boy.

In the schools eyes, this was a great season. They won 10 games and made a ton of money. THIS is the difference between Alabama and Ohio State and the likes of Notre Dame. See. ND may be the most storied team in cfb, but Alabama and Ohio State ARE cfb.

Edited by Handsome Jack

Given that both are Kelly's GV cronies, I am skeptical that he'll do it.

The sad thing is that, at the most storied college football program, I have no faith that Swarbrick has the balls to give Kelly the ultimatum to fire his friends.

At Alabama and Ohio State their fanbase would be calling for Kelly's head. Here at ND we're shitting our pants about whether Kelly is the best we can do and not sure that he's got more leverage than our senior athletic management.

Sucks.

Screw it if Kelly does that then I know another Kelly I would be fine with as our head coach

I've been begging for longo's resignation for a looong time.

We didn't have any players left on defense but BVG's schemes suck as well. Do we check anyone underneath?

If we don't have a defense that can utilize Nyles Morgan, then it's time for a change.

Our defense keeps getting decimated by injuries. It can't just be bad luck.

Our multiple top rated offensive linemen consistently fail to get a push. It can't be just bad coaching or poor technique. We have to modernize our s and c program. We have to get a real defensive staff.

Our multiple top rated offensive linemen consistently fail to get a push. It can't be just bad coaching or poor technique. We have to modernize our s and c program. We have to get a real defensive staff.

Our defense would be healthier if we could blow out some teams and give our guys some rest. it would also build depth.

Our starters have to play nearly every snap of every game with the bumps and bruises that go along with it. And we injuries do occur the next guy shouldn't be clueless

I was way more disappointed with our oline today than the D. Granted I had lowered expectations with the injuries, but OSU was down their 3 best dlinemen after Bosa got tossed and they still dominated the line of scrimmage. I have no idea how we are taking two of the top OL prospects out of Urbie's backyard after that game...

I was way more disappointed with our oline today than the D. Granted I had lowered expectations with the injuries, but OSU was down their 3 best dlinemen after Bosa got tossed and they still dominated the line of scrimmage. I have no idea how we are taking two of the top OL prospects out of Urbie's backyard after that game...

I agree. Elmer is too big and slow. Overall I think the Oline underachieved this season. Should be better.

I am a HUGE BK supporter...after CW he was the guy and we got him.

I loved hearing/reading **** about Longo...how great he was.

Then injuries occurred in the 1st year...and BK said they would have look at their workouts stuff.

And it's now happened again and again...something is wrong...and it kills me.

I am a HUGE BK supporter...after CW he was the guy and we got him.

I loved hearing/reading **** about Longo...how great he was.

Then injuries occurred in the 1st year...and BK said they would have look at their workouts stuff.

And it's now happened again and again...something is wrong...and it kills me.

And it hasn't just been the new turf causing them either according to some folks.

It's frustrating seeing Nick Saban losing multiple stellar assistant coaches to head coaching jobs elsewhere, yet continues to produce an incredible product on the field. Kelly is a good coach, no question...but he's not at THAT level where the Sabans and the Meyers roam. You must get used to this as a ND fan. 10 win seasons are now the hopeful expectations...not Championships. I'm starting to get used to this realism.

It's frustrating seeing Nick Saban losing multiple stellar assistant coaches to head coaching jobs elsewhere, yet continues to produce an incredible product on the field. Kelly is a good coach, no question...but he's not at THAT level where the Sabans and the Meyers roam. You must get used to this as a ND fan. 10 win seasons are now the hopeful expectations...not Championships. I'm starting to get used to this realism.

The only way ND will get to that level is to throw crazy amounts of cash at one of those guys cause I know we have the money to pay anyone practically anything. It will take a Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh, Gruden, etc... to take us to the national title level. I mean these guys don't grow on trees I don't even know how many more guys there are to list.

Kelly is in the second tier which is fine by me, we will consistently be top 20 program in the playoff hunt year in year out. It's a huge step compared to the Weis years but we will never be elite until we break the bank for Meyer or Saban which is doable for ND, I just don't think those guys would leave for any amount of cash.

Kelly is in the second tier which is fine by me, we will consistently be top 20 program in the playoff hunt year in year out. It's a huge step compared to the Weis years but we will never be elite until we break the bank for Meyer or Saban which is doable for ND, I just don't think those guys would leave for any amount of cash.

I agree that ND has made tremendous gains in the kelly era, I also agree he isn't and never will be Meyer or saban and games like today are why. But I disagree that you need saban or Meyer and that's the only way you can be elite. Those 2 are never coming to ND and I've accepted that but what we need to do is find the next Meyer like Florida did when they plucked him from utah.

Kelly is doing well, I think he needs to fire bvg and he deserves at least another few years. But he said it himself he's not going to be here forever and I'll be shocked if he's here more then 10 years.

Edited by goirish83

I think Kelly did a great job in hiring sanford, and denson looks like a keeper. Hmmm. Maybe CBK needs to stop hiring all of these guys he's coached with before and bring in some guys with some fresh ideas and knowledge they picked up from another coaching tree.

Hell, grab a position coach from Bama or MSU and make them a DC.What could it hurt?

I agree that ND has made tremendous gains in the kelly era, I also agree he isn't and never will be Meyer or saban and games like today are why. But I disagree that you need saban or Meyer and that's the only way you can be elite. Those 2 are never coming to ND and I've accepted that but what we need to do is find the next Meyer like Florida did when they plucked him from utah.

Kelly is doing well, I think he needs to fire bvg and he deserves at least another few years. But he said it himself he's not going to be here forever and I'll be shocked if he's here past 10 years.

it's too risky, you pick the wrong guy and you are back at square one. Would you rather go back to a 6 win floor over the 8 win floor? We are a top 15 program under Kelly which always gives us a shot as long as we don't run into Meyer or Saban which seems very likely.

There's a fair share of Kelly's out there but many more below and very few above.

it's too risky, you pick the wrong guy and you are back at square one. Would you rather go back to a 6 win floor over the 8 win floor? We are a top 15 program under Kelly which always gives us a shot as long as we don't run into Meyer or Saban which seems very likely.

There's a fair share of Kelly's out there but many more below and very few above.

I absolutely agree I'm just saying down the road when kelly leaves we're not getting saban or Meyer so there better be a plan b of some kind out there.

I think you are spot on. Hiring a new coach suspends reality. Right now we see where we are and realize it's gonna be tough to get any better. A new coach allows us to say he needs to get his players here and continue to hold out hope that we are a year or 3 from being the new Alabama.

Didn't realize I was reading NDNation with the dumba$$ posts I'm seeing. Please... Take your a$$ back to those crappy message boards where your opinions are commonplace and accepted by the minority of moronic ND fans and let the adults have a conversation over here.

Haha if posts like these are the definition of an adult conversation in your eyes I'm not sure what to say