21- LSU

22- Temple

23- Navy

24- Utah

25- Tennessee

interesting here..

Irish Illustrated

‏@PeteSampson_

Notre Dame has three Top 25 wins: No 20 USC, No. 22 Temple and No. 23 Navy.

I'm surprised by the rankings. I thought for sure ND would drop out of the top 10.

Well root for USC to win, Clemson to lose, Alabama to lose and see where we end up. Lol, highly unlikely. Even then I think they will put two big ten teams in before us. Oklahoma is in for sure. Why don't we schedule cupcakes and then USC and Stanford at the end every year? I like our chances of getting in most years. Brilliant job by the big 12, scheduling crew.

Do we have any type of chance

1) Clemson: UNC

2) Alabama: UF

3) Oklahoma:

4) Iowa: MSU

5) Michigan State: Iowa

6) Ohio State:

7) Stanford: USC

8) ND

USC wins, Iowa wins, UF wins, UNC wins

1) Oklahoma

2) Iowa

3/4) Clemson (12-1), Bama (11-2), MSU (11-2), UNC (12-1), ND (10-2), OSU (11-1)

Would hate to clean that mess

if Clemson loses they're not going to drop below ND. whether they would drop out of the top 4, I don't know.

if Iowa loses I don't think they're 1 loss would drop them behind ND. if Michigan State loses to Iowa, would they're 2nd loss (to undefeated Iowa) drop them behind ND? maybe Iowa would have to dominate and Michigan State would have to look like ND did against BC?

maybe if the teams ahead of ND that did lose looked really bad, then ND could get a benefit. I would say it's unlikely though.

Do we have any type of chance

1) Clemson: UNC

2) Alabama: UF

3) Oklahoma:

4) Iowa: MSU

5) Michigan State: Iowa

6) Ohio State:

7) Stanford: USC

8) ND

USC wins, Iowa wins, UF wins, UNC wins

1) Oklahoma

2) Iowa

3/4) Clemson (12-1), Bama (11-2), MSU (11-2), UNC (12-1), ND (10-2), OSU (11-1)

Would hate to clean that mess

Don't think so. Even with total chaos, I think Ohio State being ahead of us just is too much to overcome.

MSU is getting screwed. Committee polishing Oklahoma's knob and Oklahoma got legitimately beat by Texas. MSU got screwed at Nebraska. They have the 3 best wins in the country with Oregon, Ohio State, and Michigan and ...still out in the cold.

Doesn't make sense to me. Seems to me MSU and Iowa should both be in over Oklahoma.

I think that's why the committee moved Tennessee back into the top 25, to bolster Oklahoma's resume against Iowa and MSU. It doesn't make much sense for Iowa and MSU to have to play a game Oklahoma doesn't and Oklahoma's resume is pretty suspect.

Yes, they've played well but we don't know much about their conference because they, as a conference, didn't play anyone OoC -- except Tennessee and Minnesota.

Edited by Green Goblin

Now I wonder if we had won if we had got in over North Carolina if they were to beat Clemson. I do not think Bama is going to lose to Florida but that is another 'what if'.

Oh well this assures we will be going to a bigtime bowl, likely the best bowl outside the playoff.

Lots of talk about the importance of winning a conference.

Think it's a matter of time until our hand is forced...unless they go to an eight team playoff...

Exactly what my boys said. Then they also want to say, nah, just schedule creampuffs and put usc/stanford at the end of the schedule.;)

Think it's a matter of time until our hand is forced...unless they go to an eight team playoff...

It's right there in the writing, if a team is not a conference champion or is an independent then they have to be "unequivocally" one of the 4 best teams, which means you better be undefeated

It's funny that you mention this. ESPN has an article on OSU possibly getting in the playoffs and do conference champions really matter? If that were to happen, then I think ND's chances of staying independent become higher. You can't say a non-conference champion-Ohio State; can get in, and then say ND has to win out or join a conference to be apart of the playoffs. It's one or the other. It will be interesting to see what the committee thinks if a couple of teams lose on Saturday and Ohio St's on the bubble. That could very well determine ND's future.

It's right there in the writing, if a team is not a conference champion or is an independent then they have to be "unequivocally" one of the 4 best teams, which means you better be undefeated

But can you be undefeated and not be a conference champion? This writing is very slippery on how they can judge each team. Reminds me of what holding or pass interference is ruled. It's however they feel that night.

How is LSU even still ranked? Same with Tennessee? That blows my mind.

Who else should be ranked...in a very down year for college football the only team I can think of that isn't ranked and probably deserves it is Western Kentucky.....the top 25 just isn't as clear cut as normal....LSU probably is one of the best 25 in the country even though they don't look too great

It's funny that you mention this. ESPN has an article on OSU possibly getting in the playoffs and do conference champions really matter? If that were to happen, then I think ND's chances of staying independent become higher. You can't say a non-conference champion-Ohio State; can get in, and then say ND has to win out or join a conference to be apart of the playoffs. It's one or the other. It will be interesting to see what the committee thinks if a couple of teams lose on Saturday and Ohio St's on the bubble. That could very well determine ND's future.

The committee is no different than politicians or those who have been given much power: they do what they want and you can't stop them. If they want tOSU in this year then next year they can exclude ND for not being conference champs if they want, they will not be held accountable for it, and there's nothing (outside a nationwide boycott, which would never happen because CFB is like heroin) you and I can do about it and they know that.

Who else should be ranked...in a very down year for college football the only team I can think of that isn't ranked and probably deserves it is Western Kentucky.....the top 25 just isn't as clear cut as normal....LSU probably is one of the best 25 in the country even though they don't look too great

You mentioned Western Kentucky, which I agree with. I would also say Wisconsin Memphis have a better argument than LSU.

Winning a conference (stanford won't go, TCU and Baylor didn't go last year) or winning a conference championship game?

It's so lame! Great, you add an extra game, against an opponent you should have played in the regular season - or perhaps did!!!! - and you call it a CHAMPIONSHIP GAME and everybody goes crazy.

It's

Just

Another

Conference

Game

(that you should have played already or maybe already did!!!)