I'm proud of this team anyway

Green Goblin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter it's a loss. Bc at 3-7??? gave nd a game in the "lets make money and give up home field advantage" game. Pitt sucks. Temple sucks. Navy sucks. What quality wins did nd end up with. ?

Wonder what Utah, UCLA and Arizona St think of USC?

I know what Michigan thinks of Utah.

Time to make a purge on this board, I think.

I'm good with this thread. I'm worried about some of you posters though. Am I going to be reading suicide notes that ND fans jumped off a pier tomorrow morning? WE lost. It happens. But look at the big picture. We won 10 games for the first time since 2012. And before that it was probably 2007. I don't have the numbers but I wouldn't be surprised that we have only won 10 games but 4-5 times in the past 25 years. So enjoy it. Also, the likelyhood of us going to the playoffs was unlikely. The committee forced our hands to try to blow out Stanford. Which was unlikely. This isn't Okie St. This program is looking up. The talent next year will be amazing. If you guys can't see that then through your blinded pessimism, then nobody can't help you. Go Irish!

Name one opponent any of these teams beat that was in the top 25

I imagine you could say the same thing for a lot of teams in college football. there are only 25 teams in the top 25 and they don't all play each other.

who did Oklahoma beat? one could say Baylor/TCU/Oklahoma State, but who did THOSE teams beat. when Baylor was undefeated they had only played 1 team with a winning record.

We lost twice, squeaked by Virginia, Temple and BC and it's a great season?

I weep for the Notre Dame I once knew.

Like:

1965 Ara Parseghian 7–2–1

1966 Ara Parseghian 9–0–1

1967 Ara Parseghian 8–2

1968 Ara Parseghian 7–2–1

1969 Ara Parseghian 8–2–1 L Cotton

1970 Ara Parseghian 10–1 W Cotton

1971 Ara Parseghian 8–2

1972 Ara Parseghian 8–3 L Orange

1973 Ara Parseghian 11–0 W Sugar

1974 Ara Parseghian 10–2

Lots of 2 loss seasons there and they didn't even play 12 games... :noidea:

Edited by Green Goblin

I think people are too hard on the BC game. yes BC W/L record sucks, because their OFFENSE sucks. their DEFENSE is the best in college football and ND put up 447 yards against them.

That true freshman QB of their's is absolute electricity, too.

I was gunna make a post earlier saying I expect big things from them next season.

Anyone not proud of this team and impressed by the way they overcame injuries is not a true fan. Incredible effort from our guys this year.

Totally agreed...

Not one poster here didn't think we were dead when Terean and then Zaire went down in back to back weeks...

and yet, we ended up losing by 4 points to two top ten teams on the road...and very well good have won them...

Future is bright...could finish 11-2...and keep this going.....

We lost twice, squeaked by Virginia, Temple and BC and it's a great season?

I weep for the Notre Dame I once knew.

Considering the parity in this game these days, I'll take it. Outside of Nick Saban recruiting 14 5-star players in a class, most talent is spread far and wide across many schools And when Zaire went down, I thought, good god, if this Kizer kid reacts to the big stage like Andrew Hendrix, we're fvcked. So all in all, esp while breaking in a backup QB who was thrown in to the fire, IMO it was pretty great.