This Team Loves to Spot Points

Franco

I don't know what it is with this team...when we go up by 3 scores, they almost quite literally shut down...that's the third time this year that we allowed a TD or two in the last 4 minutes because the team just shuts down

How about making the entire team run until they puke on Monday? That is completely unacceptable

We finally beat Pitt handily and the secondary shuts down and our second string QB fumbles it for a scoop and score

I'm seriously thinking of tweeting the CFP Twitter account just to remind them that the score doesn't reflect how dominant ND was

I don't know what it is with this team...when we go up by 3 scores, they almost quite literally shut down...that's the third time this year that we allowed a TD or two in the last 4 minutes because the team just shuts down

How about making the entire team run until they puke on Monday? That is completely unacceptable

I don't think you punish a win. Especially in dominating fashion. If hey play Wake next week to the wire. Then, I think you run them. Because you know BC will try to crash ND's party. So BK will definetly need the kids ears for them so they aren't looking forward to Stanford.

Yea it's just frustrating

Just want to clarify that I'm in no way angry about this team's performance

But it's just frustrating to spot a team points and have the win not look quite as good...perhaps I'm stuck in the BCS way of thinking

I'm sure the committee will see that ND dominated a really good Pitt defense

We finally beat Pitt handily and the secondary shuts down and our second string QB fumbles it for a scoop and score

I'm seriously thinking of tweeting the CFP Twitter account just to remind them that the score doesn't reflect how dominant ND was

I have noticed it for years.

My guess is Kelly's offense is better suited for big plays. His running plays are so vanilla it almost looks like he's trying to run out the clock.

That's why I'm starting to get more and more comfortable with us being behind because that's when BK seems to get things humming.

I have noticed it for years.

My guess is Kelly's offense is better suited for big plays. His running plays are so vanilla it almost looks like he's trying to run out the clock.

That's why I'm starting to get more and more comfortable with us being behind because that's when BK seems to get things humming.

eh, there have been a ton of long drives.

you don't average 220 yards rushing and 267 yards passing simply relying on the big play. That balance is as good as it gets.

There are a bunch of 6, 8, 10, yard runs and 9, 15, 20 yard pass plays in addition to the big strikes.

you don't average 220 yards rushing and 267 yards passing simply relying on the big play. That balance is as good as it gets.

There are a bunch of 6, 8, 10, yard runs and 9, 15, 20 yard pass plays in addition to the big strikes.

The running plays have been fine in general this year. I thought that was pretty obvious. He does struggle when trying to run out the clock though. He gets to cute imo.

The running plays have been fine in general this year. I thought that was pretty obvious. He does struggle when trying to run out the clock though. He gets to cute imo.

Ive noticed that too, sometimes these offensive coaches overthink things in those simple situations a little too much and choose to make it more difficult then it has to be.

I disagree. Yards are yards whether they come from big plays or not. Our offense seems a lot more fluid when we need to score.

Passing and rushing stats can be misleading.

A scrambling qb is a run because the pass wasn't there.

A sack counts as negative rush yards.

A short yardage qb dive is a run that you just do in those situations.

Taking a knee

Running out the clock

All of the above sorta schew the numbers over a season.

I disagree. Yards are yards whether they come from big plays or not. Our offense seems a lot more fluid when we need to score.

Passing and rushing stats can be misleading.

A scrambling qb is a run because the pass wasn't there.

A sack counts as negative rush yards.

A short yardage qb dive is a run that you just do in those situations.

Taking a knee

Running out the clock

All of the above sorta schew the numbers over a season.

I believe FEI stats takes most of those into account

42-17 could have been the final score and that would have been a statement.

I completely agree we take the foot off the gas. The committee doesn't seem to have punished us re: the GT late meltdown but I would much prefer to hammer teams rather than let them score late.