*THE Official ND vs Pitt Game Day Thread*

chirodomer

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win today. **** happens at the end of the game - I'd much rather have Wimbush fumble and give up a garbage TD than have Kizer in and get hurt. Even the announcers and guys after the game all said that ND defended their ranking very well today. Some of you will never be happy and that's sad.

Good win today. **** happens at the end of the game - I'd much rather have Wimbush fumble and give up a garbage TD than have Kizer in and get hurt. Even the announcers and guys after the game all said that ND defended their ranking very well today. Some of you will never be happy and that's sad.

I agree, this was a dominating win in the road vs a borderline top 25 team. While it's frustrating to spot points like that, the committee knows this was a dominant performance.

The man who was (sarcasticly) searching for and obviously expecting the need for excuses making after game 2.

And will never be mature/classy enough to admit he was wrong.

He's one of those people who will root against his team to prove himself right. It's a sad group of people who value their online ego over their team.

At the end of the day, the only numbers that matter for us are wins and losses...

It's a beauty contest. Wins matter, big wins matter more.

We assume they will look at the score and know what really happened, but they also might have seen that happen twice now and read more into it.

Agree on all fronts, we're 8-1 with a backup QB and now a 3rd string (if not 4th) RB and we're in the playoff conversation and looking at 10-2 at worst. We have come a long way from the davie/ty/weis years, if you actually love this team and this program I dont see how you can complain about this season so far.

Edited by goirish83

It's a beauty contest. Wins matter, big wins matter more.

We assume they will look at the score and know what really happened, but they also might have seen that happen twice now and read more into it.

If they put us 5 after barely beating an inferior Temple team...well, I have zero worries we're in if we win out.

If they put us 5 after barely beating an inferior Temple team...well, I have zero worries we're in if we win out.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I was mad that they let them get within 12, but now I'm fine with it. They dominated that game and let Pitt score more late. Meh! I'm super happy with the win and now I can relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend! Everyone else should do the same!

And aint nobody on that committee who thinks Temple is inferior. Or that the USC team ND beat that crushed Utah and beat Cal on the road isn't ridiculously talented.

The committee has and will get it.

Just need to win out

And aint nobody on that committee who thinks Temple is inferior. Or that the USC team ND beat that crushed Utah and beat Cal on the road isn't ridiculously talented.

The committee has and will get it.

Just need to win out

Yup both Mack Brown and Mark May said after the game that we bolstered our resume with todays win, I would think that will be the consensus in the committee room too

Careful, someone may call you an idiot for displaying such logic.......

No worries.

This has been an remarkably fun team to watch. The program is in an incredibly great place in which outstanding recruiting and development can now make up for injuries attrition etc...etc.

The head coach is the clear leader for coach of the year. Everyone in college football understands that. The talent from 1 to 85 is as good as its ever been in this program at ANY POINT in its history.

The people without agendas clearly see and appreciate that.

No worries.

This has been an remarkably fun team to watch. The program is in an incredibly great place in which outstanding recruiting and development can now make up for injuries attrition etc...etc.

The head coach is the clear leader for coach of the year. Everyone in college football understands that. The talent from 1 to 85 is as good as its ever been in this program at ANY POINT in its history.

The people without agendas clearly see and appreciate that.

Any point? Lou was getting 8-10 guys drafted a year from 89-94.

Leahy had teams he told backups to go pro because they wouldn't play at ND.

Kelly has done wonders to increase the talent level and it clearly the best since Lou, but he has a ways until he matches that.

Agree on all fronts, we're 8-1 with a backup QB and now a 3rd string (if not 4th) RB and we're in the playoff conversation and looking at 10-2 at worst. We have come a long way from the davie/ty/weis years, if you actually love this team and this program I dont see how you can complain about this season so far.

Amen, Amen, AMEN!!

Any point? Lou was getting 8-10 guys drafted a year from 89-94.

Leahy had teams he told backups to go pro because they wouldn't play at ND.

Kelly has done wonders to increase the talent level and it clearly the best since Lou, but he has a ways until he matches that.

Little bit deceiving. Lou - if memory is correct - also worked with a 95 scholarship max rather than the current 85.