and I thought some ND fans were bad..

with the ESPN hating their team thing. Clemson fans are insane. The following is the start of a thread on one of their boards..

Just saw the promo for the game this weekend

It looks like they spent a lot more time coloring in the fighting Irish logo, but just kind of slipped ours all together. Also, they used a nicer font when showing their college name, and just a standard font for us. I am writing those morans a complaint letter now for this blatant disrespect.

Some of them call ESPN "ESecPNotredame" hahahaha

with the ESPN hating their team thing. Clemson fans are insane. The following is the start of a thread on one of their boards..

Just saw the promo for the game this weekend

It looks like they spent a lot more time coloring in the fighting Irish logo, but just kind of slipped ours all together. Also, they used a nicer font when showing their college name, and just a standard font for us. I am writing those morans a complaint letter now for this blatant disrespect.

Some of them call ESPN "ESecPNotredame" hahahaha

http://www.nndb.com/people/793/000022727/rick-moranis.jpg

I peaked over at Tigernet and man...they put our forum to shame when it comes to the anger and vitriol that get spewed out
I wouldn't expect anything less from Clemson fans. Let's just say that I've heard eh Clemson isn't exactly the cleanest program in the land.
I peaked over at Tigernet and man...they put our forum to shame when it comes to the anger and vitriol that get spewed out

If you're going to insult them, at least use terms they will understand. Now all the Clemson fans are going to think you're talking about some kind of health drink or pharmaceutical

If you're going to insult them, at least use terms they will understand. Now all the Clemson fans are going to think you're talking about some kind of health drink or pharmaceutical

Its the South....land of NASCAR.....they'll think it is a new motor oil

So what you are saying is that I shouldn't start a "Are NASCAR drivers athletes" thread? :razz:

Was that on this forum? I remember having a debate and I was saying that racecar drivers are athletes

F1 drivers are definitely athletes...you have to be in top shape...but I also transferred that over to NASCAR drivers, and I'm not sure NASCAR drivers have to be in the same shape as F1 drivers (any F1 fans here?)

Was that on this forum? I remember having a debate and I was saying that racecar drivers are athletes

F1 drivers are definitely athletes...you have to be in top shape...but I also transferred that over to NASCAR drivers, and I'm not sure NASCAR drivers have to be in the same shape as F1 drivers (any F1 fans here?)

an F1 car will probably put more strain on the driver's body due to the higher # of G's the car can pull. Also, they aren't just 'going around in circles.' I would imagine the driver's reaction time must be higher as well since an F1 car is a go-kart on steroids x 100. As far as being in better shape, sure...you don't see Jimmy Spencer or current Tony Stewart driving in F1.

NASCAR drivers have figured out that being in better shape has given them an edge in their car. No idea why this took so long to figure out, but you started seeing/hearing more about the driver's working out over the past 7 years or so. In the early days, it wouldn't be surprising to see a driver going down a straight during the race and lighting a cigarette.

F1 drivers = atheletes...NASCAR drivers, meh. Sure, it takes some strength and endurance, but if a fat *** can do it and succeed can you really call them atheletes?

an F1 car will probably put more strain on the driver's body due to the higher # of G's the car can pull. Also, they aren't just 'going around in circles.' I would imagine the driver's reaction time must be higher as well since an F1 car is a go-kart on steroids x 100. As far as being in better shape, sure...you don't see Jimmy Spencer or current Tony Stewart driving in F1.

NASCAR drivers have figured out that being in better shape has given them an edge in their car. No idea why this took so long to figure out, but you started seeing/hearing more about the driver's working out over the past 7 years or so. In the early days, it wouldn't be surprising to see a driver going down a straight during the race and lighting a cigarette.

F1 drivers = atheletes...NASCAR drivers, meh. Sure, it takes some strength and endurance, but if a fat *** can do it and succeed can you really call them atheletes?

Awful lot of fat football players, basketball and baseball players as well though. It isn't like fat is the norm in NASCAR, other than Stewart, none of the drivers are really overweight.

F1 is certainly more demanding, but as you said shorter, most races are 1.5 hours or so. NASCAR is easier, but 3-3.5 is the norm.

So perhaps a good analogy is a sprinter vs a miler. Both are in great shape, just different forms.

Awful lot of fat football players, basketball and baseball players as well though. It isn't like fat is the norm in NASCAR, other than Stewart, none of the drivers are really overweight.

F1 is certainly more demanding, but as you said shorter, most races are 1.5 hours or so. NASCAR is easier, but 3-3.5 is the norm.

So perhaps a good analogy is a sprinter vs a miler. Both are in great shape, just different forms.

sounds good to me.