ND -10 against Virginia?????

ndmike88

hardly.

vegas is in it to make the most money possible, not to split down the middle and collect the juice.

if they have an advantage, they will exploit it every single time.

Actually, vegas is in it to make the surest money possible, if that makes sense..the oddsmakers specifically set the line to keep an equal number of bets on both sides; in other words, split down the middle...the ideal situation is that half the bettors lose and goes to the other half that won, with the bookies taking the vig

Vegas places the initial line and the line moves based on the way people are betting

They do this to not be "sided" as to not lose a lot of money if a bunch of people place too many bets on one side

I've seen lines get completely taken down because people were putting too many bets on one side

I only know this because some of my friends are borderline degenerate gamblers

Edited by Franco

the line for the Texas game was around -12

A few things to consider--

Virginia is probably a better team than Texas

Virginia had to travel across the country to play UCLA in their home opener

Virginia is now playing their home opener-- teams play well in that game often

We played a nearly flawless game

we are going on the road

-12 is still a Big line

You don't see a bunch of double digit games

against power 5 conference teams

Actually, vegas is in it to make the surest money possible, if that makes sense..the oddsmakers specifically set the line to keep an equal number of bets on both sides; in other words, split down the middle...the ideal situation is that half the bettors lose and goes to the other half that won, with the bookies taking the vig

Vegas places the initial line and the line moves based on the way people are betting

They do this to not be "sided" as to not lose a lot of money if a bunch of people place too many bets on one side

I've seen lines get completely taken down because people were putting too many bets on one side

I only know this because some of my friends are borderline degenerate gamblers

so you know this because your dumbass degenerate friends tell you so...okay, do you realize how fn stupid that sounds?

anyways, vegas exploits any statistical advantage - its differences in BILLIONS of dollars.

if they KNOW they can have one lopsided line and win that game ~53% of the time, and lose that game ~47% of the time- they take it!

its very rare that "Even" money is ever bet on any athletic event, its what plebeians tell themselves to seem like insiders or some ****.

and as i said, over 90% of the public money is being bet on ND, but the line is relatively stable.

so you know this because your dumbass degenerate friends tell you so...okay, do you realize how fn stupid that sounds?

anyways, vegas exploits any statistical advantage - its differences in BILLIONS of dollars.

if they KNOW they can have one lopsided line and win that game ~53% of the time, and lose that game ~47% of the time- they take it!

its very rare that "Even" money is ever bet on any athletic event, its what plebeians tell themselves to seem like insiders or some ****.

and as i said, over 90% of the public money is being bet on ND, but the line is relatively stable.

wow, calm down...I didn't mean anything by my statement...just stating a fact

my degenerate gambling friends aren't just guessing, they research how the system works and try to play the game within the system...just because they're degenerate gamblers doesn't mean they're stupid...

Really, look it up. A simple google search will show how I described it, is exactly how the Vegas line works. Like I said, Vegas doesn't want to make the MOST money, it wants to make the most money IT CAN, IN THE SAFEST WAY POSSIBLE. Safe, meaning "sure thing"

I guarantee you, if 90% of people bet on Notre Dame, Vegas would completely take the line off the table

No need to get defensive. Everyone has preconceived notions of how things work based on what they see from movies or what they "feel" is right, but a lot of the times, things work very differently...Doesn't make you stupid, just means you didn't know...and there's nothing wrong with that...but you seriously need to watch what you say...I never threw any insults towards you nor do I ever make any smartass comments or try to make anyone feel stupid. Not sure why you felt the need to insult me, but here's a word of advice...talk to people online like you would talk to them when you're in their face...I doubt you would be so disrespectful

Like what Coach Holtz said...let's see you disrespect me now that my face is to you ;)

Edited by Franco

considering how the books are staying put at 11ish, id stay very clear of this game if Im backing ND.

ND has received an overwhelming majority of the public money, but the line is fairly stable.

this also tells me that this isnt going to be the ND blowout that many people are expecting

I see a 7 point game.

yepper.....