What the Locals are saying in Austin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'm all for people speculating favorably for their team. But please make some sense. One poster is convinced, unequivocally, that a QB and team running a brand new offense will be better, more efficient, and pose a bigger problem to a defense than a QB who is only playing in his 7th quarter of the same (although ecpectefly expanded) offense. The element of surprise is significant, but please name for me the last team that was actually dangerous and not prone to dumb mistakes and turnovers during the first year of a new offense?

I watched the Coarolinas game last night and just kept feeling these 2 teams suck. The mistakes that were made! Then I watched the Mich v Utah game and saw 2 better teams, but really mistakes and missed opportunities cost Mich. This is the reason why everyone plays a soft start to the season, to get some of the dumb unforced errors out of the way. Hoping that we don't make too many.

I say we're gonna kick the ever living sh!t out of them. You're going to see some attitude in our kids that has been absent for a while...

This. Even if it's a closer game than you and I and many others think it will be, I believe the attitude this team will have will be unlike we've seen in a long time and it will be due to that guy on the banner above.

I watched the Coarolinas game last night and just kept feeling these 2 teams suck. The mistakes that were made! Then I watched the Mich v Utah game and saw 2 better teams, but really mistakes and missed opportunities cost Mich. This is the reason why everyone plays a soft start to the season, to get some of the dumb unforced errors out of the way. Hoping that we don't make too many.

I'm sure there will be errors and maybe the game will be close because of them. But I hope it is clear that ND is the better team on both sides of the ball. Assuming the physicality is in NDs favor, which it should be given what they return, than I am ok with a closer than expected score due to some first game mistakes.

Edited by corysold
Honestly though, what position is Texas better than us at? I don't know much about their safetys but that would be the only position they MIGHT be.

Running back. Jonathon Gray is an absolute beast. I love me some Folston, but Gray is better. He happens to play on a team that's not been very good the last few years.

Two more local articles for the game:

Texas vs. Notre Dame: Questions facing the Longhorns

http://www.hookem.com/story/texas-vs-notre-dame-questions-facing-the-longhorns/

Texas vs. Notre Dame: Matchups that matter

http://www.hookem.com/story/texas-vs-notre-dame-matchups-that-matter/

Spoiler alert, The Texas beat reporter has ND with the edge in 4 of the 5 Matchups....

This Texas talk or talk of a close game is absurd. 6 Freshman, including two TRUE freshmen starting on the oline. Playing on the road. At night. A quarterback who can't throw the football....

Get real. This is going to be a rout. Put your fear to rest. There is absolutely no way this game is remotely close. I expect Kizer in the fourth.

Remember that Texas has given up 40+ points in back to back games against BYU early in the season, 21-40 in 2013 and 7-41 last year

Orangebloods on Rivals has a lot of good insider info, and they just released this free article:

https://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1798290

Notably, one of the local beat reporters had this to say, although I think there is a degree of wishful optimism (like there is with any first game team, including ours):

"I don't think Texas is going to be as bad as people think," Richardson said. "And I'm not totally convinced that Notre Dame is the juggernaut that some have said.

"When I talk to people within the building, they point to Notre Dame's slide last season. Notre Dame has never seen this Texas offense - so I don't know how they're game planning for it. Texas is also going to play some guys Notre Dame has never seen. I think the game might be closer than people anticipate. There are just a lot of unknowns with it being the first game of the season, and the new offense for Texas.

"Conventional wisdom says Notre Dame should win, but it could be closer than expected."

Nailed it.

This Texas talk or talk of a close game is absurd. 6 Freshman, including two TRUE freshmen starting on the oline. Playing on the road. At night. A quarterback who can't throw the football....

Get real. This is going to be a rout. Put your fear to rest. There is absolutely no way this game is remotely close. I expect Kizer in the fourth.

Remember that Texas has given up 40+ points in back to back games against BYU early in the season, 21-40 in 2013 and 7-41 last year

You are a soothsayer.