Malik Zaire interview on CBSSN

simontonlake

ND has run some pistol under Kelly, but not much. This wouldn't be an entirely new concept for Kelly.

I never kept count of the # of times I saw the pistol formation at ND, but it was enough that I was used to seeing it.

Maybe the news here is that it will be "mostly" the pistol?

I don't dislike the pistol formation, but I would have been a lot happier if they had said ND was going to use a fullback every once in a while (or even go Harbaugh and throw out some 3 TE sets with a TE playing fullback and having an extra o-linemen playing as a blocking TE).

I never kept count of the # of times I saw the pistol formation at ND, but it was enough that I was used to seeing it.

Maybe the news here is that it will be "mostly" the pistol?

I don't dislike the pistol formation, but I would have been a lot happier if they had said ND was going to use a fullback every once in a while (or even go Harbaugh and throw out some 3 TE sets with a TE playing fullback and having an extra o-linemen playing as a blocking TE).

Wasn't it run the season when Dayne was here?

Overall I am not a big fan of the "pistol" version of the spread......since Nevada brought it to town with Kaepernick and Weis beat them up pretty bad.....and that was overall a good Nevada team.

We have run very little in past of what would be classic pistol....lots of teams have experimented with it since the Nevada days.....but honestly there hasn't been that much big success from the formation/approach.

I would be surprised to see us really run that much of it as a continuous scheme.

aloha