Russell not eligible YET

corysold

What is the NCAA still considering? I'm not too familiar with the NCAA's part in this. ND kicked him out of school for a semester and reinstated him already. Why does the NCAA have to do anything?

Have to make sure his coursework was legitimate and that he has the requisite credits to participate in fall sports. I believe that is one of the major holdups for Ishaq, that his credits and GPA may not allow him to return to athletic competition.

Have to make sure his coursework was legitimate and that he has the requisite credits to participate in fall sports. I believe that is one of the major holdups for Ishaq, that his credits and GPA may not allow him to return to athletic competition.

Yeh the NCAA roll is funny. Schools ok to maintain and kick out but not okay to re-instate? Atleast let the practice.

Then again need to think about how the less scruplous schools would abuse the rules.

Thanks for the clarification. Still doesn't explain the length in which the NCAA takes. I feel this should already have been done.

Ruling comes down this Friday.

Not really but someone had to get the rumor ball rolling. Don't be shocked if this is playing out beyond the start of the season.

I believe I read that Kelly is confident that this should work out by the end of this week (hopefully)

Ruling comes down this Friday.

Not really but someone had to get the rumor ball rolling. Don't be shocked if this is playing out beyond the start of the season.

I really hope not. We need him back asap. He's been out too long and has too much talent/experience. Really really he's good to go this Friday.