Greg Bryant out for the season

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do. Blame lies solely on him for the choices he made.

Thank you.... Cue up the "he's a young guy" excuse. He had opportunities and support to get through the academics. He didn't want it bad enough. Entitlements don't translate well to ND.

Kid wants to play football AND go to school. He needs to keep his edge.

Hopefully he will make a decision to come back to ND and the classes he takes will support that.

I have hope as ND has connections with the school he is going to.

I give him 75% chance of coming back given those connections.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kelly says he has not spoken to Greg Bryant. Says he would love to have convo with Bryant, but Bryant has been elusive.</p>— Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="

">August 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kelly says he has not spoken to Greg Bryant. Says he would love to have convo with Bryant, but Bryant has been elusive.</p>— Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="
">August 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So there's the elusiveness we were promised.

I do. Blame lies solely on him for the choices he made.

Don't misunderstand me..... he is completely to blame for his failures at Notre Dame. No excuse there. I simply don't have a problem with his choice to leave. It's obvious he wants to skate through school and play football as his main focus. Leaving Notre Dame makes sense to me. I don't think it's a good move, but if you want to see the field it makes sense.

Sidenote: if Tony Alford was still on the staff does the Greg Bryant saga play out like this? Kid seemed to have bonded with him.

Edited by ckp160
  • 2 weeks later...
since when did prosise pass bryant on the depth chart? sounds to me like that writer is trying to downplay the loss

I coulda swore I read something recently where BK said something along the lines of TF and CP being more of a 1a and 1b than 1st and 2nd....then again, it could be a similar tactic as what you mention.

Though losing a guy like GB sucks no matter how you spin it, it does sting a little less knowing that he was looking at a small number of carries....and to this point, he hadn't exactly lived up to his billing.

I coulda swore I read something recently where BK said something along the lines of TF and CP being more of a 1a and 1b than 1st and 2nd....then again, it could be a similar tactic as what you mention.

Though losing a guy like GB sucks no matter how you spin it, it does sting a little less knowing that he was looking at a small number of carries....and to this point, he hadn't exactly lived up to his billing.

I think it was less of him not living up to his billing and more of being inthe doghouse. Kelly never really gave him a chance to shine, he had a 5.4 average and 3tds which isn't bad. Also that punt return showed the type of player he is, probably would have broken a fair share of runs if given the opportunity.

I'm expecting him to have a crazy good season wherever he goes next year.

• 2 weeks later...