2017 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

This is gonna be a weird and crazy finish.. BIG has pretty much told you all everything you need to know as of now.

It's still being reposted that at least two flips will happen, and possibly more. Still no names. Too many names to even speculate. Staff seems to be pursuing other options at LB, moving on from Simmons and Brooks for different reasons. Both visits could very well be cancelled. Like BIG said, a "unnamed" recruit should be on campus in the next few days.

So much stuff going on it's hard to deliver concrete news besides offers and visitors. Gotta love what the new staff is doing. Grinding hard.

I'm intrigued by Alex Perry. Would love to have him. Haven't seen much outside of Alexander being his primary recruiter at Arizona.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- The staff has left South Bend to head all over the country. Tons of visits happening this week with current commits and prospects. There is a lot of energy right now and the staff is going after it, all of them.

- More names...DE Kofi Wardlow, DT Deontre Thomas, S Jordan Genmark--Heath, DB Demetrius Douglas

- ND will not be recruiting anymore LBs unless a hybrid guy reaches out, so pretty much done

- Lots of good buzz about WR Oliver Martin

- Current visitor schedule (this WILL change):

Official Visit: [1/20]:

LB Drew White (ND Verbal)

LB David Adams (ND Verbal)

DL Kurt Hinish (ND Verbal)

S Evan Fields (Offer)

WR Michael Smith (Offer)

Official Visit: [1/27]:

CB Terrell Bailey (Offer, Tennessee Verbal)

DL Jalen Harris (Offer, Arizona Verbal)

WR Gavin Holmes (Offer)

CB Jason Pinnock

Edited by Big23Head

Keep an eye out on Michigan for Oliver Martin. Michigan is targeting Nicco, who appears he may be leaning elsewhere right now. If that happens, Michigan could go back after Martin.

I also read an article from the MSU camp today that they feel really positive about Martin. Seems like this is probably a toss up.

- Norwood will OV the 20th

- Visits are going really well so far. Evan Fields, Gavin Holmes, etc

- Another to watch, DE Dayo Odeyingbo

- DE Kofi Wardlow has interest after meeting with Elko this morning. Finds out about an offer in the next few days. Elko visiting other DEs as well (Elko visits prospects committed elsewhere Friday morning)

Edited by Big23Head

As someone mentioned, this is gonna be one of the weirdest finishes to a recruiting class ever. The new staff is on a ridiculous pace of visits/evals/offers...

I think this is how the push to signing day should look. We're just used to a defensive coordinator that didn't do a damn thing on the recruiting trail.

As someone mentioned, this is gonna be one of the weirdest finishes to a recruiting class ever. The new staff is on a ridiculous pace of visits/evals/offers...

I agree, I can't recall this much energy on the trail ever. Interesting strategy. Some may call it desperation, but honestly, I'll always get excited about ND football regardless of the ups and downs.

I think this is how the push to signing day should look. We're just used to a defensive coordinator that didn't do a damn thing on the recruiting trail.

Well this is obviously a different situation.

We have more open spots than usual.

We just changed almost an entire staff.

Running around like this with 3-4 open spots with the same coaches wouldn't have made sense.

At least we might get some late (positive) entertainment at the end of this cycle.

I really like that Elko seems to know exactly what he wants/needs to run his system. Uber focused

Jackson can flat out run as well, but can play in between the tackles. I think staff likens Holmes to a Riddick/Prosise type role, and Jackson as a more traditional RB. That's two athletic guys in this class if it happens, and I would actually like the duo more than Jones/McIntosh last year.

I've heard this probably means Folston is gone as well BIG.

Just thinking outside the box here, but could the staff possibly be looking at C.J. Holmes as a defensive back to make up for some of the defections we've had there in this class? Maybe the late Jackson offer was made so that such a move was a possibility.

This one is simple: Folston is transferring. Jackson gets offered.

Absolutely nothing to do with CJ.

Just thinking outside the box here, but could the staff possibly be looking at C.J. Holmes as a defensive back to make up for some of the defections we've had there in this class? Maybe the late Jackson offer was made so that such a move was a possibility.

Zero possibility. I expect ND to sign at a minimum 3 DB's come February. They will probably not be the flashy names or have a bunch of stars, but they will fill out that group before its all said and done.