Urbie ready for battle

Yeah, but he flipped because the ND line coach was hired by Urban Liar. Unless the Liar hires Harry, we are good!

True. And this kid seems to really get a kick out of turning down his home-state school for us...almost seems to take pride in being an anti-buckeye.

Who was that turdbag who said he was honored to wear the number 5 who flipped from OSU to ND on down to... Miami? Don't remember and don't care enough to look it up. He got all freaked out when it turned out that one of the people he posed for a pic with at OSU was a convicted child molester.

Who was that turdbag who said he was honored to wear the number 5 who flipped from OSU to ND on down to... Miami? Don't remember and don't care enough to look it up. He got all freaked out when it turned out that one of the people he posed for a pic with at OSU was a convicted child molester.

Alex Anzalone?

True. And this kid seems to really get a kick out of turning down his home-state school for us...almost seems to take pride in being an anti-buckeye.

As an Ohioan who also graduated from an Ohio Catholic high school, I know the feeling of relishing sticking it to OSU. Hate that school and the mouth breathers who root for the Buckeyes.

I can't believe some of you guys still give grief to Anzalone.

His father, a doctor, went to Florida.

Anzalone wants to be an orthopedic surgeon.

Florida has a program that guarantees you get into the UF medical school as long as you make grades. ND didn't (and doesn't) have that kind of a situation.

He went to Florida for great reasons.

Puh leeze just let that go.

Good kid, good player, probably gonna be a good doctor. Nothing wrong with going to medical school having only played as a backup linebacker at the University of Florida.

Florida has a program that guarantees you get into the UF medical school as long as you make grades. ND didn't (and doesn't) have that kind of a situation.

Good kid, good player, probably gonna be a good doctor. Nothing wrong with going to medical school having only played as a backup linebacker at the University of Florida.

Sounds like revisionist history. Not really giving him grief per say. It's a slow period right now and there was a loosely drawn association of him to the story about Urbie going after one of our verbals. Shoot... if we get real bored we might rehash the whole Aaron Lynch thread for $hits and giggles.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it (especially since he hasn't turned out to be a productive college player), but the feelings about him stem more from *how* he made his decision than his actual decision. You're discounting the way he and his family handled the whole thing.

http://irish.nbcsports.com/2015/06/02/meyer-does-his-best-to-flip-kraemer/

Sure hope he doesn't flip, and while he seems totally committed, I remember when Tyler Decker said he was 100% Irish before flipping.

Kraemer has been recruiting for ND, he played a big part in getting Jones and Eichenberg. Being an Elder guy myself (duh, I know) I can tell you he's all Irish. It is can't even get him to visit OSU.

As an Ohioan who also graduated from an Ohio Catholic high school, I know the feeling of relishing sticking it to OSU. Hate that school and the mouth breathers who root for the Buckeyes.

I hate OSU too, and Cincinnati is the only part of the state that isn't all OSU and they still annoy me. The GCL schools don't fall victim to the OSU spell, as I can tell you the majority of students at Elder are ND fans, with the rest being split bw OSU and UC.

Florida has a program that guarantees you get into the UF medical school as long as you make grades.

i really doubt this. It's not overly relevant to your point, because at least UF has a med school and ND does not, but I'm pretty sure UF's med school offers no guarantee of admission based on good grades. It's a tough med school to get in to...not a Harvard, but tough.

i really doubt this. It's not overly relevant to your point, because at least UF has a med school and ND does not, but I'm pretty sure UF's med school offers no guarantee of admission based on good grades. It's a tough med school to get in to...not a Harvard, but tough.

Actually a lot of universities offer this exact type of program today. Florida definitely has it. Two schools I know of in Texas have it. If you have good enough grades and strong extracurriculars in high school you potentially could be accepted into these programs. They are VERY competitive to get into. I have a son who graduated high school last May and another who just graduated a couple weeks ago. I've been involved in their applications and school evaluations and I've seen what their friends went through as well. These programs are the real deal and that is precisely why he chose Florida. It makes my point exactly because ND does not have a medical school or a direct connection to one. If ND had that type program he may not have chosen Florida.

Check out this link: http://theperfectmed.com/programs.html

Edited by Kelly Gruene
I'm not going to lose sleep over it (especially since he hasn't turned out to be a productive college player), but the feelings about him stem more from *how* he made his decision than his actual decision. You're discounting the way he and his family handled the whole thing.

Exactly. Don't care what he "bes" when he grows up, just don't go through all of the pomp and circumstance of look at me look at me, I am going to be honored to be the next Manti Te'o and then defect.

That aside, I hope he becomes a great doctor, not too many football scholarships end up in med school. Some, not a lot.