Coaching announcement

Man, wonder why Tony couldn't have been given the title of Asst. Head Coach...

Kelly seems to have taken a shot at him. "The title the coaches want I have here is the National Title." Maybe I'm reading into it, but maybe not.

I guess I should have a little more faith.....but I can't help but feel that Kelly needed to figure out a way to get Jeff Quinn on the staff.

Jeff Quinn WILL be on staff as well as a couple of other add-ons.

Kelly seems to have taken a shot at him. "The title the coaches want I have here is the National Title." Maybe I'm reading into it, but maybe not.

BK: "They [the staff] are certainly more interested in the title that goes with national champ than the title that goes next to their name."

Yeah, I can't help but feel like he was taking a shot at Tony Alford during that whole part of the press conference.

With regard to the Alford contention, wasn't Kelly answering a question and answered with those comments? Important to frame the quote in context and further both he and Swarbrick vocally voiced support for Tony and the HC job at CSU. I'm sure he wasn't happy to see him leave for OSU but Alford left with class and very positive words for ND, Kelly and Swarbrick. Think some may be reading too much into this. Final thought, it may have also been in response to include Denbrock LOSING the title of OC and defacto promotion to ***. HC...

With regard to the Alford contention, wasn't Kelly answering a question and answered with those comments? Important to frame the quote in context and further both he and Swarbrick vocally voiced support for Tony and the HC job at CSU. I'm sure he wasn't happy to see him leave for OSU but Alford left with class and very positive words for ND, Kelly and Swarbrick. Think some may be reading too much into this. Final thought, it may have also been in response to include Denbrock LOSING the title of OC and defacto promotion to ***. HC...[/QUOTE]

you hit the nail on the head.

BK had and has no reason to take a shot at TA. and i think he is above that as well.

Man, wonder why Tony couldn't have been given the title of Asst. Head Coach...

Totally just a thought, but any consideration that he isn't a top-notch coach? I'll give him his due as a recruiter, but aside from a very vague title upgrade at OSU his coaching responsibilities haven't varied very much. And it wasn't like anyone was knocking down his door to come run their offense over the years.