• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think BK ever leaves ND for another college job, but Colin Cowherd did float the idea today of the NY Giants letting Coughlin go and pursuing BK very hard.

I 100% endorse that idea.

I could see him taking either NY job.

I don't think BK ever leaves ND for another college job, but Colin Cowherd did float the idea today of the NY Giants letting Coughlin go and pursuing BK very hard.

I 100% endorse that idea.

As an long time Giants Fan I 100% endorse the idea of Coughlin getting shown the door. Not so much on BK as the replacement. I vote for Bill Cowher

As an long time Giants Fan I 100% endorse the idea of Coughlin getting shown the door. Not so much on BK as the replacement. I vote for Bill Cowher

Good luck with that. He's been pursued at least a half-dozen times since he left Pittsburgh.

I know NY can pay him whatever he wants. His problem is that he likes the studio because he doesn't feel bad on Mondays any longer.

Edited by DamshaBua
Good luck with that. He's been pursued at least a half-dozen times since he left Pittsburgh.

I know NY can pay him whatever he wants. His problem is that he looks the studio because he doesn't feel bad on Mondays any longer.

Can you imagine though? Cowher in NY. The perfect fit for the Giants. I am sure Tish and Mara will ask though. I thought Bill was staying out of it so he could spend more time with his kids (daughters) after his wife's death. I believe that 2 of 3 have married now and the last one finishing college. Timing is everything.

So is Echo vindicated here on DD or is he now considered more like the Jose Canseco of our esteemed ND home?

I'm not really sure. You might wanna ask speedy, or DJ. I'm kinda middle of the road so I don't always agree with Echo but I don't always disagree either..

So is Echo vindicated here on DD or is he now considered more like the Jose Canseco of our esteemed ND home?

Well apparently my ban was lifted just in time to be blamed for the creation of several annoying SEC-centric and racist threads immediately following the loss to Northwestern. Because that seems so like me...

humor me.. if BK leaves, would Oleary be a candidate for his replacement? or has that bridge been burned??? i think he would kick *** at ND.

I mentioned this last night while talking to my brother. I doubt ND would hire him, and if they did the media would somehow spin it and say "ND IS SELLING THEIR SOULSSSS!!!!" but I don't think it would be a bad hire. It wouldn't be a Stoops, Meyer, Gruden quality hire, but there are definitely worse options in my mind.

I agree the big ten blows but what does that say about us then? We are 10-5 against the big ten since Kelly has been here, not terrible but nothing to write home about.

Considering a lot of those games have been against good MSU and UM teams I'm fine with that. We shouldn't be losing to the Northwestern's of the world though, and that is an outlier for this season so far. If ND ever wants to be considered elite again, they can't be ****ing up against those teams. Doesn't matter if it's coaching or play on the field.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but Dantonio is the second highest paid coach in college football making 5.6 million a year. I don't think he would leave his gig at MSU for ND with that contract. Didn't think he would come anyway even with the recruiting and national exposure advantage, but knowing this makes it a 0% chance if you ask me.

If I were the ND AD I would first have to ask myself if I believe Kelly is the guy for the job. If so, I would make sure he was very well compensated. Enough so that he would have no reason to go looking.

At that point if Kelly ever decided to investigate another opportunity, I would immediately begin looking for his replacement. As ND's AD you can't be held hostage every time head coaching opportunities come up elsewhere.

Note to Kelly, RKG's apply to you too. Not saying that he is actively looking but if so then he is not the guy for the Irish.