Northwestern--Perfect Tonic

Wasn't that game without Wisconsin's star tailback. Wisconsin was handily beating LSU until he got hurt and then suddenly they could not move the ball at all and lost the game. Early games sometimes are not good indicators, but if a team beats Wisconsin then they do get my attention. Last week, however, they mustered only 9 points against a team we scored 31.

Gordon went off for 27rushes for 259yds against NW...

Ya, I didn't see them play wisconsin but they (Wisconsin) must have run all over them. I'm not quite sure how NW pulled that off. I do know they manhandled psu @ psu.

Northwestern will come to play and it won't surprise me in the least if ND is in a battle with them.

Ya, I didn't see them play wisconsin but they (Wisconsin) must have run all over them. I'm not quite sure how NW pulled that off. I do know they manhandled psu @ psu.

Northwestern will come to play and it won't surprise me in the least if ND is in a battle with them.

Well you see...Wisconsin is trying this two QB system where both QBs compete to see who can be worse. Stave went a comical 8/19 for 114yds and three picks and McEvoy stunk up the join going 4/10 for 24yds and a pick.

Well you see...Wisconsin is trying this two QB system where both QBs compete to see who can be worse. Stave went a comical 8/19 for 114yds and three picks and McEvoy stunk up the join going 4/10 for 24yds and a pick.

Even worse Piratey, I think McEvoy threw two picks (Or fumbled), and the 5 TO's were too much for Gordon and the team to overcome...short field for the D...blah blah. As the resident Bucky grad, watching our game against ASU brought me back to that game. Anyhow sounds like Everett had a good week of practice and the fact it's at home, N'western's win over Wisconsin should not be a valid indicator of their ability to stay with us tomorrow. Irish win big - 45-17 and GO IRISH!

I think the Irish NEED a big win Saturday. And I think BK needs to set Golson up for success. ESTABLISH the run to develp the pass. I know he's a revers thinker, but it can actually work against a team like northwestern. If they insist on blitzing, set up your screens, or even just have the back fall behind the rush as a quick check down.

Agree. Just win. USC looks very formidable. However, they are just not capable of running the ball but the passing game is excellent. Agholar and Juju Smith are quite the tandem. Hope Agholar goes pro.

George Farmer looked good as well. They have some skill for sure, just not sure if their heavies can hold up. Lots of freshman on the OL last night.