Notre Dame is in a pickle

Irish Storm

There is no one in the CFB world has a vested interest in Notre Dame winning, except Notre Dame.

The conferences, umpire crews and playoff committee are hanging us out to dry because they can and will. There are no conference presidents, AD's, affiliates, going to bat for us. We arent making money for anyone but ourselves.

The SEC owns college football. They are the best conference because they decided to cut through the whole facade and treat it what it has always been, semi-pro football. They have perfected it and wont apologize for it. You dont like it? Their attitude is **** off, we dont care.

They also have no fear of the NCAA, nor does the rest of the nation. They do what they want and tell the NCAA to **** off, we wont cooperate and your days are numbered anyway. Teams in other conferences are starting to behave the same way.

Notre Dame does not get rewarded in any way for running a clean program and graduating their players. Neither does Stanford, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Duke, BYU, And all of the other programs who try to do things the wrong way. Its really sad, but alas, its semi- pro ball. I really wish they would break away and form their own conference or play each other or something.

I'm not really sure what ND should do, im not really sure if they want to be a part of where its going. I know I dont like it.

Edited by Irish Storm

Lets face it there are many people who do not like the fact we aren't in a conference and have so many benefits. I guarantee us not being in a conference WILL affect our playoff position year in and year out. One loss might never be enough because we're competing with teams who have an extra game.

I think this playoff might force us to join a conference, I mean unless we win out we're never going to have a shot. The playoff committee can and will punish us for this, I just hope we realize this sooner than later.

Lets face it there are many people who do not like the fact we aren't in a conference and have so many benefits. I guarantee us not being in a conference WILL affect our playoff position year in and year out. One loss might never be enough because we're competing with teams who have an extra game.

I think this playoff might force us to join a conference, I mean unless we win out we're never going to have a shot. The playoff committee can and will punish us for this, I just hope we realize this sooner than later.

I have some happy pills; will you come down off that ledge please?

can we still be AP national champs? like back in the day where there was an AP champ and a BCS champ

This...this isn't a bad thought. The AP was kind of sore on being left out of the BCS and awarded their own NC early in the mix. Honestly, if the committee goes off the rails and puts in some two loss SEC team over us...I could see the AP making a stand.

How ND is 6 in the AP and 10th in the this committee's eyes is beyond me.

What I am going to find VERY interesting is how the AP pollsters react next Sunday. Do they adjust their rankings to be more in line with the committee or do they remain steadfast?

It is very apparent that we are screwed. How are we going to hang on to recruits if we are being railroaded by the Championship Committee? We either say the heck with it and do what we did back from 1910-1970 or we should just go to the ivy league and say screw it because there is no objectivity going on here. We should just recruit guys who can go to a pro team and put them on a graduate program route and say screw the NCAA and put a Pro team on the field. We have the money. I'm going to wait and see if they committee will put us in if we win out. If they don't and there are 3 SEC West teams in the finals then I say we pull out some money and make this **** fair. I watched Miss State and kentucky and Notre Dame would've beaten Miss State. I'm all for playing by the rules until it is apparent that no one else is and then it is time to pull out the stops.

This...this isn't a bad thought. The AP was kind of sore on being left out of the BCS and awarded their own NC early in the mix. Honestly, if the committee goes off the rails and puts in some two loss SEC team over us...I could see the AP making a stand.

How ND is 6 in the AP and 10th in the this committee's eyes is beyond me.

What I am going to find VERY interesting is how the AP pollsters react next Sunday. Do they adjust their rankings to be more in line with the committee or do they remain steadfast?

Of all the human polls I look at, AP, coaches, ESPN, CBSsports etc, this is the only one that has ND lower than 7th.