Brian VanGorder will Secure a National Title

I've been reading everything I can find on Brian VanGorder. I think he is the greatest thing to happen to our team since Lou Holtz. We are ascending the ladder to perfection at mock speed. Here are some things I have learned about BVG.

1. He's going to be here a long time if it is up to him. He basically said it. He wants to be here because he thinks it is such a special place. The players are very special and intelligent. They pick up his complicated schemes faster than anywhere he's been other than the NFL. He says he has a tremendous relationship with Kelly. He just wants to be a part of this special university and the fact that his son has a football scholarship only confirms what I am saying.

2. This defense will continue to get better this year before your eyes. He mentions that players are ascending and that we will love to watch how they develop. Basically he tells us we are in the developmental stage but we have very special kids that can pick it up quickly. He mentioned that during the FSU game we showed poise and great execution and even said we are way ahead of schedule.

3. BVG took the blame for the North Carolina game. He explained we use so many players and schemes but when North Carolina went warp speed we could not keep up. We settled down a bit in the second half, but you can clearly see this was a great experience for when we play ASU. Love the way he takes ownership of our defensive failures but talks how we are going to fix the problems. I have no doubt. You will see it when we play ASU.

4. VanGorder is getting the players he covets as evidenced by the commitments of Billal and Coney. We only play 3 linebackers but in the last two years we have added 1. Morgan 2. Barajas 3. Billal and 4. Coney. Of course Jaylon Smith helped to get this ball rolling, but can you just see this defense in 2015 and 2016 when these guys hit the field. It doesn't take VanGorder long to get them ready.

5. VanGorder lets us know that we have a long ways to go. To me, this is music to my ears. We are pretty good right now but we are no where near what this team can be next year. This is like a giant snow ball gaining steam down a mountain, great defense begets winning, winning begets great recruiting and this is going to lead to a national title. We will flirt with it this year, but I can honestly see us running the table next year as we build and build our depth, speed and understanding of the game.

Now of course I have to give credit to Kelly as he is the master mind and even brought in VanGorder. I don't see Kelly going anywhere for a long time either. He has built a mansion but it has a lot of amenities to be added on. Basically, we are all the way back right now. We beat FSU. We outplayed them. We may well get another shot at them and I can tell you VanGorder's defense will be even better than it was Saturday night.

You need two things to beat great teams and a cheating ref. You need a great defense and an offense that can overcome 3rd and 15 after a phony holding call. We have both of those elements but they are both still under construction. I think the architects are the best in all of college football.

Edited by OklahomaIrish

Diaco got us to the door and VanGorder will kick it down!! 2015 looking great with possible DeVaris coming back. Saw on Facebook that Winson is going pro. National title looking very strong for next year. Don't think we could beat Alabama right now.

Brian Kelly will win us a national title. It seems that credit to Kelly has been lost in all of this.

I really wanted to start a thread asking for all the BK-haters to please show themselves since they ran rampant on these boards all off-season. The job Kelly has done with this program in the short time he has been here is simply incredible.

I love Van Gorder as well, but Kelly has built us into a national power again that will be around for awhile.

This team reminds me of the 1993 team. So close to being great and starting a dynasty but we still need a few game changers or guys we have now becoming game changers as they mature. We are getting closer to the Fighting Irish I remember growing up!

We also need Alabama to join the NFL lol. We will never be able to recruit like they have done. I looked at their recruiting class this year according to ESPN....WOW!

We also need Alabama to join the NFL lol. We will never be able to recruit like they have done. I looked at their recruiting class this year according to ESPN....WOW!

There's always a team Like Bama (or USC before Bama) that pulls off insane recruiting classes & seems like nobody can beet them...This seems to last on average about 5 years....Then they trend down a little & the next New Dynasty steps up....Good thing is... it looks like we may become the Next Dynasty!

There's always a team Like Bama (or USC before Bama) that pulls off insane recruiting classes & seems like nobody can beet them...This seems to last on average about 5 years....Then they trend down a little & the next New Dynasty steps up....Good thing is... it looks like we may become the Next Dynasty!

We were the team with the number one class for several years when Vinnie Cerrato was the recruiting coordinator under Lou Holtz. We can be that team and 2016 is off to a great start.

Two athletes that are coming in early and have me excited are Coney and Micah Drew Treadway. Micah has a HUGE upside. He is 6' 5'' and 275 and runs like a deer. He is our lowest rated athlete but with extra coaching and extra time under Longo with the training table we have~~~Look Out. I see a strong side Defensive End with a big push. I actually think he will play at about 290 and maintain his speed.