Jameis--How do we stop him

Ya, I know it's easier said than done. Seriously though, you have to pressure him. The greatest of all qbs are a lot different when they are hit/pressured. I expect to see the D take a lot of chances in this game.

Where we get gouged by a quarterback running is straight up the gut. Time to call on Jaylon more than ever and send him on a blitz straight up the middle, sometimes delayed a bit waiting for the open lane. Jamies can evade most players but I think Jaylon can get him.

Jamies was asked if he was expected to play this week despite the trial and he said 'of course'. He thinks he is absolutely protected from any kind of crime or inappropriate action. This is seriously the ultimate 'good or moral program' against the dirtiest program in the country.

One of the biggest problems we have with Winston is something that's hard as heck to gameplan against, and that the fact that the s.o.b. has confidence oozing out of his pores. Talk about someone who's been there, done that...this is fun for him....he never looked too rattled at all when he was faced w/a game-winning drive last year vs Auburn.

So, hopefully BVG opens up a bunch of well-timed bag of tricks, and we try to make him as uncomfortable as possible.

I have to disagree with my Hawaiian brother. We don't change game plans for one game in the season. That's something Charlie Weis would do weekly. You think Seattle would change their defense because they are playing Peyton. No, they just come faster and harder at him.

We need to blitz up the middle like Okie said, Not because of we're afraid of him scrambling but because a straight line is easier to get to the qb. Plus, qb's don't like to have oncoming rushes up the middle where they like to step up to make the throw. Also, I think Windon's lateral movement isn't great.

I think we'll see special blitz packages just for guys like Colin Hill, Tranquil, and Farley. We'll see Day inside and out. We'll see overload blitzes to the Jameis right as we go for his throwing shoulder with zone to his left. Jaylon will stick with Oleary. I think we see Councell more this game on running situations. Just my own thoughts....

I have to disagree with my Hawaiian brother. We don't change game plans for one game in the season. That's something Charlie Weis would do weekly. You think Seattle would change their defense because they are playing Peyton. No, they just come faster and harder at him.

We need to blitz up the middle like Okie said, Not because of we're afraid of him scrambling but because a straight line is easier to get to the qb. Plus, qb's don't like to have oncoming rushes up the middle where they like to step up to make the throw. Also, I think Windon's lateral movement isn't great.

I think we'll see special blitz packages just for guys like Colin Hill, Tranquil, and Farley. We'll see Day inside and out. We'll see overload blitzes to the Jameis right as we go for his throwing shoulder with zone to his left. Jaylon will stick with Oleary. I think we see Councell more this game on running situations. Just my own thoughts....

BVG changed the game plan for UM & Gardner. In fact, he changes it almost every week.

Seattle changed their defense for Dallas & Dez Bryant yetserday. Normally they leave Sherman on one side. Yetserday they had him follow Bryant wherever he went. Of course, that may be a bad example since the Seachickens lost but they chnaged the defense nonetheless.

BVG changed the game plan for UM & Gardner. In fact, he changes it almost every week.

Seattle changed their defense for Dallas & Dez Bryant yetserday. Normally they leave Sherman on one side. Yetserday they had him follow Bryant wherever he went. Of course, that may be a bad example since the Seachickens lost but they chnaged the defense nonetheless.

Exactly the point! Stick to what you know and what got you there. We still blitzed Michigan. Gardner was running for his life on occasions. BVG may "tweak" his system but he's not going zone this whole game. We seem to lack a pass rush with just four. We need to blitz.

One of the biggest problems we have with Winston is something that's hard as heck to gameplan against, and that the fact that the s.o.b. has confidence oozing out of his pores. Talk about someone who's been there, done that...this is fun for him....he never looked too rattled at all when he was faced w/a game-winning drive last year vs Auburn.

So, hopefully BVG opens up a bunch of well-timed bag of tricks, and we try to make him as uncomfortable as possible.

Amen!!! Our best on their best. If Jaylon can get to him we can get the win.

Also, if we can run on them we should win. I just don't think they can run on us. A FSU fan just confirmed that for us here in Oklahoma. If we run and do it well, we win!!

Where we get gouged by a quarterback running is straight up the gut. Time to call on Jaylon more than ever and send him on a blitz straight up the middle, sometimes delayed a bit waiting for the open lane. Jamies can evade most players but I think Jaylon can get him.

Jamies was asked if he was expected to play this week despite the trial and he said 'of course'. He thinks he is absolutely protected from any kind of crime or inappropriate action. This is seriously the ultimate 'good or moral program' against the dirtiest program in the country.

Kelly said in his presser that NC and FSU offenses are 2 totally different animals. He said that his young inexperienced defense had so much trouble with uptempo because they could not think and communicate fast enough what their job was. He said give them time to think and communicate they know their jobs and will be fine. Basically he was saying his young D will be just fine against FSU as long as they don't run a fast uptempo game.

Kelly said in his presser that NC and FSU offenses are 2 totally different animals. He said that his young inexperienced defense had so much trouble with uptempo because they could not think and communicate fast enough what their job was. He said give them time to think and communicate they know their jobs and will be fine. Basically he was saying his young D will be just fine against FSU as long as they don't run a fast uptempo game.

Exactly, my thoughts! Glad BK and I are on the same page. :bolt:

This does in fact ease my concerns a bit. Add the fact that FSU is 95th in the country against the run. Folston really came on strong against North Carolina and hopefully he continues that against FSU. If we can out run them by a substantial margin we should win this game. Hopefully we run a quicker pace then they do. So many things are pointing in our direction. No way Golson turns it over 3 times again.

It's going to be difficult to stop Jameis because, as we all know, he does not take no for an answer. Kid just doesn't have any quit in him.

How can the kid be anything other than a sociopath? How can he have all these legal matters hanging over his head and it not affect him in the slightest? Or deter him in the slightest...

Mark my words: By some point in the next 5-10 years, Jameis Winston will serve time in prison. I have no doubt of this.

How can the kid be anything other than a sociopath? How can he have all these legal matters hanging over his head and it not affect him in the slightest? Or deter him in the slightest...

Mark my words: By some point in the next 5-10 years, Jameis Winston will serve time in prison. I have no doubt of this.

I don't know about prison but it does scream of jail time or as someone said homeless. He seems to act like a 12 year old still. How old is he now 21?

No way, the NFL is worse than the NCAA. As long as he can make it to the draft he will play on Sundays. People who want to see him fail pay money to see the games same as people who want to see him succeed (i.e. His mama and Jimbo)

Unfortunately, I can't see our defense stopping Winston on Saturday. The NCAA won't do anything about "Autograph-gate", neither will Florida State. At this point, he could rape Jimbo Fisher's wife and videotape it and he'd still come out unscathed. Winning is a hell of a drug, and the FSU administration and fanbase are tripping balls right now.

Winning is a hell of a drug, and the FSU administration and fanbase are tripping balls right now.

Interestingly, as I have trolled a few FSU sites the last few days, many of their fans are unhappy with Jameis too. It surprised me.

The administration and Jimbo, on the other hand...

Winning is like a deadly drug that we can become addicted to. In my younger days as an Oklahoma Sooner, the Sooners got in trouble for altering the high school transcript of Kerry Jackson so that he would become eligible. He was a stud option quarterback. At the time I was just sorry that 'WE" got caught. After becoming a Notre Dame fan I see things quite a bit differently. I now am fully invested in our way of doing things and it really is true, "What though the odds be great or small, Old Notre Dame will win over all".

By doing things the right way for 100 years we are the winningest program of all time. Maybe it is our time to win that elusive prize and be number one in the land again. If not this year, than next year looks incredibly good. Add Ishaq Williams and KeiVare Russell to all those returning starters and all those freshmen seeing the field and we should come out of the gate rated Number One in the country.