Interesting Back and Forth With Gene Wojciechowski

Not sure if you saw the Gene Wojeichowski BMOC article on the NCAFF Page of ESPN. He said: "And right now, the winningest program in major college football history -- Michigan -- is a maize-and-blue shadow of itself."

I sent him an email which said:

"Michigan is not the winningest program in college football history. That distinction goes to Notre Dame at the moment"

He replied a couple hours later with:

"Not even close.

Michigan has 912 wins. Notre Dame has 879 wins.

Notre Dame has the highest winning percentage, but isn't the winningest program."

I replied: "One might argue that "winningest" must be based upon percentage."

No response to that.

Interesting. But I give him props for actually responding to my e-mail.

Not sure if you saw the Gene Wojeichowski BMOC article on the NCAFF Page of ESPN. He said: "And right now, the winningest program in major college football history -- Michigan -- is a maize-and-blue shadow of itself."

I sent him an email which said:

"Michigan is not the winningest program in college football history. That distinction goes to Notre Dame at the moment"

He replied a couple hours later with:

"Not even close.

Michigan has 912 wins. Notre Dame has 879 wins.

Notre Dame has the highest winning percentage, but isn't the winningest program."

I replied: "One might argue that "winningest" must be based upon percentage."

No response to that.

Interesting. But I give him props for actually responding to my e-mail.

Could you please send an email to Mike Mayoc (who I generally like) and tell him to stop saying the word "flash" every two seconds? He's even got the other guy doing it now.

The "dude" and "guy" talk needs to stop as well... freaking stupid.

As for Michigan, hopefully we end up taking the most wins from them as well. It may take awhile, but if Hoke stays, that could come sooner rather than later.

I feel pretty confident this is Hoke's last season.

If he beats Ohio State and Michigan State he has a shot to stay. Hell, even beating the buckeyes could save him. But we know that isn't happening.

:panda::panda::panda:

As for Michigan, hopefully we end up taking the most wins from them as well. It may take awhile, but if Hoke stays, that could come sooner rather than later.

They have 33 wins on us...that will probably take 20 years to cover

It's easy to have the "Winningest College Football Program" when you go around teaching other schools football, and then playing the team you just taught

They have 33 wins on us...that will probably take 20 years to cover

It's easy to have the "Winningest College Football Program" when you go around teaching other schools football, and then playing the team you just taught

Keep Hoke around and it might be done in 4-5 years

We are only 33 games behind them and we could gain maybe 4 more this year. Actually, if they lose to Penn State this thing could get interesting.