Redfield and Shumate are Dynamic

This was supposed to be an area of major concern going into Michigan week.

Color me impressed if not blown away. Not one bust that I could see and

a total of 16 tackles and what should have been two picks between these two

great athletes. Was it a blessing in disguise that Collinsworth was injured??

It was ironic that Redfield's hit on Gardner cost Shumate not only the pick,

but also a touchdown.

The run support these two safeties give is like I haven't seen in a long time.

The future is amazing if we keep these guys healthy. They give me a boost

of confidence when we head to Florida State.

This was supposed to be an area of major concern going into Michigan week.

Color me impressed if not blown away. Not one bust that I could see and

a total of 16 tackles and what should have been two picks between these two

great athletes. Was it a blessing in disguise that Collinsworth was injured??

It was ironic that Redfield's hit on Gardner cost Shumate not only the pick,

but also a touchdown.

The run support these two safeties give is like I haven't seen in a long time.

The future is amazing if we keep these guys healthy. They give me a boost

of confidence when we head to Florida State.

Are you sure it cost him the pick? I think the pick still counted. We got the ball back and took a knee. Right? I could be wrong.

Edited to say that yes, I think that Austin's injury was a blessing in disguise (not for him obviously, but for the team). Everything happens for a reason, and now that Shumate got the first game jitters out of the way...he and Redfield are looking strong.

Edited by NDrunner04
Awesome!! I stand corrected and very happy to hear that!8-)

Ya, it happened after the interception, so the INT stands. I like the duo, I was very impressed with Shumate on a lot of plays rewatching last night. He seems to have great presence of mind about where the ball is. I saw a lot of times that Riggs would wrap someone up and Shumate would come and clean their clock, they made a nice combo.

I love the way he is playing right now. Redfield is a stud, we all knew it coming in. I want to see him and Shumate match up with Algholor at USC, Redfield v. Algholor is a great matchup.

Yeah I hope Collingsworth gets healthy but there is no spot for him to play. He constantly gets beat by better athletes, that's something that won't happen with these two.

I'v been waiting for Shumate to take this spot since 2012 and he's finally done it.

Ya, it happened after the interception, so the INT stands. I like the duo, I was very impressed with Shumate on a lot of plays rewatching last night. He seems to have great presence of mind about where the ball is. I saw a lot of times that Riggs would wrap someone up and Shumate would come and clean their clock, they made a nice combo.

I love the way he is playing right now. Redfield is a stud, we all knew it coming in. I want to see him and Shumate match up with Algholor at USC, Redfield v. Algholor is a great matchup.

Great point on Agholar (are you sure that's how you spell it?? didn't know it had an h)~~~ He scares me, but not so much with the secondary we have right now. Stay healthy~~add Russell.

Actually safeties will be very much involved on deep balls to Agholar and I like our chances more and more.

My hope is that our rapidly becoming awesome speed rush will eliminate some of the deep balls. Still, I am intrigued for the matchup for the player who flirted with ND vs. the player who dumped SC for ND.

My hope is that our rapidly becoming awesome speed rush will eliminate some of the deep balls. Still, I am intrigued for the matchup for the player who flirted with ND vs. the player who dumped SC for ND.

Yeah I hope Agholar regrets his decision. I like the match up more today then I did before we played Michigan. Projecting to that game I can see us getting much better and they might actually fall back with a few injuries. Hopefully I'm right because things can turn on a dime. This is one reason I want to play the reserves a ton on Saturday and protect our starters.

Irish Illustrated suggested Cage gets a ton of reps and preserves Sheldon Day from about 20 body blows. That goes for offensive linemen, defensive linemen and everyone else. We need to jump up by 30 and then turn it over to Malik and the boys.