*Breaking* No Really...

It is and then some.

In a recent column in my diocesan newspaper, The Beacon, Father John Catoir, a syndicated columnist states:"The Catholic Church educates 2.6 million students at a savings of $18 million to the taxpayer. Catholic school graduates go on to college at a rate 92%. The Catholic Church in the U.S. has 230 colleges and universities in the U.S. with an enrollment of 700,000 students. It is a moral force for the good in our society that us unmatched." In addition, he mentions that there are 637 Catholic hospitals in the U.S., which account for treatment of 1 of every 5 Americans!

Let the secularists put that in their pipe and smoke it!

Are we becoming friends?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard to imagine IW would be the biggest loss, but I get the point. for my money it's Russell, daniels, ishaq and moore in that order. but we're in useless speculation area here. other question is this had to be leaked by someone internally. I don't have a problem with an internal whistle blower. I've got a huge problem with a leaker. what if all four of these guys are cleared? this incident will be in their bios forever.

The leaker might not be from ND, but the NCAA. Notre Dame informed the NCAA of the investigation. Just speculation, but it seems likely that someone from the massive organization that is the NCAA is more likely to leak something than someone inside the AD.

It is and then some.

In a recent column in my diocesan newspaper, The Beacon, Father John Catoir, a syndicated columnist states:"The Catholic Church educates 2.6 million students at a savings of $18 million to the taxpayer. Catholic school graduates go on to college at a rate 92%. The Catholic Church in the U.S. has 230 colleges and universities in the U.S. with an enrollment of 700,000 students. It is a moral force for the good in our society that us unmatched." In addition, he mentions that there are 637 Catholic hospitals in the U.S., which account for treatment of 1 of every 5 Americans!

Let the secularists put that in their pipe and smoke it!

Some might counter that there is a disproportionate amount of well-off kids who can afford to go to catholic schools which skews the numbers. I'm just saying a priest's PR campaign shouldnt be taken as gospel...

Also, his tax figure may not be right, since you still pay taxes for the kids that go to the catholic school whether they go public or not, and they're getting non profit dollars which come from the government in many regards. Just curious about his accounting for taxes..

Edited by irishwavend
...I find it hard to believe that just 72 hours or so after an epic presser they will clear two of the four guys. and conveniently these are the two who would be the biggest loss. just seems to optimistic and too soon. hope i'm wrong

when it is acknowledged that there's evidence and that it was reported and referred to the compliance office in athletics on July 29th that seems to give them a little time to investigate the legitimacy of the situation before addressing it August 15th.

hopefully a definitive outcome is reached quickly before the season to avoid being a further distraction

I thought it was pretty interesting.

From the article:

I mean, Meyer dealt with legitimate mass murderers at Florida and kept it all a secret. He would laugh in this girls face, press a button that opened a trap door below her feet that opens up into a gator pit, and then she’d never be heard from again.

Hahaha.........hilarious, and probably true.

I think that anyone associated with any sports team should sign confidentiality agreements because it is almost impossible to throw mud these days without getting dirty yourself. Young people don't always understand the ramifications of their actions and especially when it is on a national stage. We now have 5 people with their names dragged through the mud. It's really unfortunate.

Chiro, I sure hope this is true. This is just a weird deal all together. 3 of the 4 guys have NFL talent. This is a critical year for their future and ND, and now this comes out. Something stinks is all I gotta say at this point. ND better get this fixed immediately.

Heard from a "source" involved with the University that Williams, Russell and Daniels are to be cleared. Only other on the hook is Moore. Hypothetical if Moore is found guilty of these allegations what all victories would be vacated? Hope my "source" is correct!!

If they truly had nothing to do with it then why not clear them and their name? If there's no wrong doing on their behalf how is that "covering it up"??

I think what he's trying to say is that everyone else will be saying that. More specifically all the writers and reporters that love to bash Notre Dame. We'll see though.

Ehhh, the naysayers can shove off! We haven't gotten in trouble for taking money, buying their place on the Team or touching little boys for years. So if this is it, that's not nearly as bad compared to some of the criminal schools out there!!!

Maybe Cory means that people will perceive that ND is covering it up?

How can you be sure of this? I would like to see at least ten instances where this has happened to ND in the past, otherwise your argument cant be valid......

If they truly had nothing to do with it then why not clear them and their name? If there's no wrong doing on their behalf how is that "covering it up"??

I'm just suggesting it will be negatively portrayed by the media either way it turns out.

I don't think ND is doing anything wrong.

How can you be sure of this? I would like to see at least ten instances where this has happened to ND in the past, otherwise your argument cant be valid......

You have left me a touch perplexed, Nickman. Do you mean 10 instances of when people perceived something at Notre Dame differently than reality?

I was only kind throwin in what I though Corysold meant from his previous post.

Sorry again. I seem to be breaking all your rules today.

Ehhh, the naysayers can shove off! We haven't gotten in trouble for taking money, buying their place on the Team or touching little boys for years. So if this is it, that's not nearly as bad compared to some of the criminal schools out there!!!

Got to agree. Since when do we give a toss about what others think of us?! We are the Yankees of college football, either you love us or you hate us. There is generally no middle ground or changing people's mind about us. They are going to believe what they want to.

Some might counter that there is a disproportionate amount of well-off kids who can afford to go to catholic schools which skews the numbers. I'm just saying a priest's PR campaign shouldnt be taken as gospel...

Also, his tax figure may not be right, since you still pay taxes for the kids that go to the catholic school whether they go public or not, and they're getting non profit dollars which come from the government in many regards. Just curious about his accounting for taxes..

How many school districts could absorb the increased enrollment if all catholic school shut their doors? The reality is that students attending catholic schools ease the burden of tax payers by reducing the total dollars needed by public schools since there are less students enrolled. Also, tuition paid to catholic schools is typically paid with after-tax dollars so I am not sure how that is "non profit" dollars.

Anyways, average cost per student at a public Pre-K through 12 school is $11,749 compared to $7,848 for a private school. Tax payers would actually save money if all public schools were closed.

You have left me a touch perplexed, Nickman. Do you mean 10 instances of when people perceived something at Notre Dame differently than reality?

I was only kind throwin in what I though Corysold meant from his previous post.

Sorry again. I seem to be breaking all your rules today.

This makes me laugh good. 1 merit point for u.

Hey, I hear you man. I would say the same as you, but I know that's what they're thinking.