• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh, if he goes to Oregon after they made a very big point to put him behind Barnett in line, then it's all for the better.

Pretty awesome of Justin Hopkins to make a point of noting that his crystal ball has changed to oregon. ....hopefully that's every bit as accurate as his barnett to oregon crystal ball.

meh, if he goes to Oregon after they made a very big point to put him behind Barnett in line, then it's all for the better.

Pretty awesome of Justin Hopkins to make a point of noting that his crystal ball has changed to oregon. ....hopefully that's every bit as accurate as his barnett to oregon crystal ball.

I understand your point, but didn't *we* put him behind Barnett as well? Why would he feel better about us than Oregon with respect to that?

I understand your point, but didn't *we* put him behind Barnett as well? Why would he feel better about us than Oregon with respect to that?

I don't know all the timing, but Barnett had been committed for a while to ND. Could be ND was done recruiting QBs so they didn't put more offers out until Blake left. That is a little different than not giving him an offer while you chase a kid committed to another school.

Both involve schools identifying Barnett as a preferable choice and only offering or considering Waller after Barnett moves on.

I'm not saying he should pick Oregon, but I don't think Oregon's push for Barnett before Waller assists *us* in the equation. If a different school, say UCLA, made that argument, it might work better than for us.

Nevertheless, I'd be delighted if we got Waller. I just don't think that line of argument would be a winning one.

Both involve schools identifying Barnett as a preferable choice and only offering or considering Waller after Barnett moves on.

I'm not saying he should pick Oregon, but I don't think Oregon's push for Barnett before Waller assists *us* in the equation. If a different school, say UCLA, made that argument, it might work better than for us.

Nevertheless, I'd be delighted if we got Waller. I just don't think that line of argument would be a winning one.

The major difference is a 6 month gap vs a 2 week one. Waller was set to visit Oregon and make a play for an offer when they went through the trouble of rushing to get Barnett on campus and tripping over themselves to extend him an offer. We stuck with the guy that stuck with us and when he bailed, we didn't hesitate to offer Waller.

We have Elite 11 QB's due to be starters for the next 4-5 years. It will be hard IMO to grab a high caliber QB this cycle due to mainly that. The next 2 years are going to be ripe for us to get another elite guy. I say BK get the best pick he can get for depth reasons only this cycle.

The difference is that Barnett committed VERY early to us and we stopped recruiting QBs to honor his commitment. Oregon has been beating around the bush and basically teasing Waller saying he is a top target, but literally going after every QB in class before him. Oregon has basically been lying to him the past 6 months.

I am on board with the group who does not feel QB is a necessity this go around. If we get Waller, that would be great, but I am not sure I would like anyone but him. 2016 is another good class and we will be that much more attractive to recruits if we do not take a QB this cycle. I understand the argument from both sides, just my opinion.

I am on board with the group who does not feel QB is a necessity this go around. If we get Waller, that would be great, but I am not sure I would like anyone but him. 2016 is another good class and we will be that much more attractive to recruits if we do not take a QB this cycle. I understand the argument from both sides, just my opinion.

I think you should try and take a QB every recruiting cycle.....If Golson goes down, and it's a career threatening type of injury, we have two guys that have never taken a snap....

In Kelly's type of offense, its never a bad idea to have at least 2 QB's ready to go. To do that, you really need 4 on your roster....

I think you should try and take a QB every recruiting cycle.....If Golson goes down, and it's a career threatening type of injury, we have two guys that have never taken a snap....

In Kelly's type of offense, its never a bad idea to have at least 2 QB's ready to go. To do that, you really need 4 on your roster....

If we miss on waller, I'd like a denard robinson type, a guy you could play at WR or HB if you don't need him at QB. We have a big O-Line I think we could salt some games away with the read option, if its not a guy you need 4000 passing yards from.

Geez, the guy hasn't even visited yet, and we have Debbie Downers saying negative stuff

I am the last thing from a Debbie Downer, lol, you should know better.

Just reading stuff around here and IE, the signs point to him going elsewhere. Everyone on IE feels the same.

Not getting my hopes up this one.

I am the last thing from a Debbie Downer, lol, you should know better.

Just reading stuff around here and IE, the signs point to him going elsewhere. Everyone on IE feels the same.

Not getting my hopes up this one.

Irish Illustrated also has the arrow pointing down on Waller. Thank goodness this is not our top priority with Malik and Kizer in the wings.

I don't think qb is much of a need at all and I'm not that impressed by his film. Yeah he's a good player but when I compare it to our current qbs he's not as good. Zaire will start when Golson leaves and Kizer will play after, plus I think Oregon suits him better.

All players want to play as early as they can. Both Kiel and Barnett saw the writing on the wall and I expect Waller to do the same.

At Bama, Barnett will sit for a year and compete for the starter his second. At ND he would have to beat out Kizer and Zaire in a couple of years and if he can not beat out Zaire, he might not play till his Senior year and the same is true with Waller. Why take the gamble?

Edited by AlabamaDuck
sp