Hopkins is really distinguishing himself here. First, he allegedly gets after Barnett for a number of weeks about Oregon and Barnett eventually decommits. Then, he is kind enough to steal waller's thunder by announcing before his announcement.

In other news, what happens for Oregon if Waller doesn't commit to them? They would have lost their #1 to Texas, and their two backup options as well. At that point, the obvious question would be whether or not they would have been better off just jumping on Waller when he was interested.

Of course, I care about neither of those items. I'd just love to see us land Waller who would be an incredibly exciting fit for Kelly's offense and the program.

I do not believe he has visited yet so he must really want the dome if it is us. Isn't he visiting with his teammate Equanimius? I read that he intended to a couple of days ago.

Wow what a whirlwind if we get his commit this quickly. He is rated almost even with Barnett but it sounds like he wants ND. That makes him better than Barnett for us if he really wants ND because he will be less likely to bolt if he losses the competition to start.

He never said he was committing, he is just making an announcement. It could be his top 5 or visits or the date he is committing. I actually want OSU to offer him and I want him to visit then choose ND over them. Also getting Waller would help with ESB. ESB visits tomorrow and as of now Waller is not with him (unless that is the announcement).

He never said he was committing, he is just making an announcement. It could be his top 5 or visits or the date he is committing. I actually want OSU to offer him and I want him to visit then choose ND over them. Also getting Waller would help with ESB. ESB visits tomorrow and as of now Waller is not with him (unless that is the announcement).

http://notredame.247sports.com/Board/87/Contents/4-star-QB-Travis-Waller-to-announce-finalists-this-evening-29047375

Bama has a lot of QBs visiting this week. Waller, Barnett and Sills. Another one already visited. One Tennessee guy even thinks Waller commits to Bama this week.

This Barnett situation really hurt NDs chances for a solid QB this year. Ultimately ND will be fine.

Edited by Big23Head
Bama has a lot of QBs visiting this week. Waller, Barnett and Sills. Another one already visited. One Tennessee guy even thinks Waller commits to Bama this week.

This Barnett situation really hurt NDs chances for a solid QB this year. Ultimately ND will be fine.

I really don't understand how you can confidently write that last sentence considering the amount of QB issues ND has had since BK's arrival. Not trying to be confrontational but I am of the "take a QB every cycle" guy...

I really don't understand how you can confidently write that last sentence considering the amount of QB issues ND has had since BK's arrival. Not trying to be confrontational but I am of the "take a QB every cycle" guy...

No I agree with take a QB every single. Luckily, ND has 3 QBs that should be capable of running the system for the next 4 years at least. That was all I meant, nothing more haha. Also trying to stay positive and trusting the staff to pull through a situation they thought they had handled.