ND vs Michigan

VCDomer

Maybe its just me... but I am already stressing over this game. This is the last time that we will play them until at least 2020. There is so much history with this rivalry. No matter how some might claim that it isn't, undeniably it is one of our greatest rivalry games. Even people that I know who are not fans of either teams are sad to see this game going away. It is must watch tv for them as well. I am glad that we are playing this last game at home. I am glad that we will have our starting QB back and that our skill positions are the best that we have had in some time.

But..... I am scheduling my intervention and therapy sessions in advance of the hysteria that I will feel if we go out of this fantastic rivalry with a loss. Of all things that might send me to the garage and dangling from an extension cord ... it will be a loss to them in our final meeting. I will be watching this game without anyone I love near me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its just me... but I am already stressing over this game. This is the last time that we will play them until at least 2020. There is so much history with this rivalry. No matter how some might claim that it isn't, undeniably it is one of our greatest rivalry games. Even people that I know who are not fans of either teams are sad to see this game going away. It is must watch tv for them as well. I am glad that we are playing this last game at home. I am glad that we will have our starting QB back and that our skill positions are the best that we have had in some time.

But..... I am scheduling my intervention and therapy sessions in advance of the hysteria that I will feel if we go out of this fantastic rivalry with a loss. Of all things that might send me to the garage and dangling from an extension cord ... it will be a loss to them in our final meeting. I will be watching this game without anyone I love near me.

I've been stressed about this game since halftime of last years game. A loss to Michigan this year would be as devastating as any regular season loss in modern history, comparable to Navy in '07

"Fetal Position" losses for me in the last 20 years:

Alabama NCG beatdown

MSU "Little Giants"

EVERY LOSS TO MICHIGAN

I seriously hate this game now, and just seeing the title of this post instantly stressed me out.

If Harrison and Calabrese didn't run into one another, the little giants game would have been a career defining moment for Dayne Crist

If Harrison and Calabrese didn't run into one another, the little giants game would have been a career defining moment for Dayne Crist

Everyone fails to realize Harrison Smith being TACKLED by a tight end for Michigan State... It's definitely one of the worst none calls I've ever seen. But it hardly gets recognized. Cause Smith would have had the receiver covered.

Everyone fails to realize Harrison Smith being TACKLED by a tight end for Michigan State... It's definitely one of the worst none calls I've ever seen. But it hardly gets recognized. Cause Smith would have had the receiver covered.

Don't forget the expired play clock....

This game caused me to go into a fit of rage like I have never had before. Folding chairs and stepstools were launched into the front yard.

I was speechless and unable to react after this was over but my son who was 3 at the time knew something was wrong and woke up to check on dad.

eerily enough he did the same thing after the furious UM comeback in '11. He knew something wasn't right in Dad's world and woke up to help.

having kids was the best thing I could do as an Irish fan. Can't overstate having perspective.

I actually went back to watch it because I honestly thought it was a clean play (besides the obvious play clock running out of time)...I ran it in slow motion and watched it second by second

and YES, Harrison Smith saw it coming and was trying to cover the receiver, but was HELD and brought down by the TE...you can see he was starting to run because he recognized the fake FG play and immediately started trying to cover the receiver...you can see the blatant hold and tackle

absolutely horrible

I was speechless and unable to react after this was over but my son who was 3 at the time knew something was wrong and woke up to check on dad.

eerily enough he did the same thing after the furious UM comeback in '11. He knew something wasn't right in Dad's world and woke up to help.

having kids was the best thing I could do as an Irish fan. Can't overstate having perspective.

My son was born about a month after that game, the kids have calmed me down some though.

I actually went back to watch it because I honestly thought it was a clean play (besides the obvious play clock running out of time)...I ran it in slow motion and watched it second by second

and YES, Harrison Smith saw it coming and was trying to cover the receiver, but was HELD and brought down by the TE...you can see he was starting to run because he recognized the fake FG play and immediately started trying to cover the receiver...you can see the blatant hold and tackle

absolutely horrible

not making light of this as some may argue, lol....but I wonder if Dantionio would've dropped on the spot if the refs had called the hold

My son was born about a month after that game, the kids have calmed me down some though.

that's good man, kids are the best if you can raise them to root for your team.

2 boys, one from southern Cal and one from Michigan. Both root Irish and will continue to if they like food and shelter:)

not making light of this as some may argue, lol....but I wonder if Dantionio would've dropped on the spot if the refs had called the hold

He would have probably done the same thing I did and throw a table as a hard as I could

but yes, EVERY Michigan loss probably hits me harder than all of the losses combined

it's probably because they can be a 6-6 team but play the game of their lives when they play ND....but it's not just that, because that used to be MSU, but losses to them doesn't upset me nearly as much as a loss to Michigan...I think it's because of the ****ing arrogance of Michigan fans

I seriously just want our team to crush them this year more so than any other year I've said that

He would have probably done the same thing I did and throw a table as a hard as I could

but yes, EVERY Michigan loss probably hits me harder than all of the losses combined

it's probably because they can be a 6-6 team but play the game of their lives when they play ND....but it's not just that, because that used to be MSU, but losses to them doesn't upset me nearly as much as a loss to Michigan...I think it's because of the ****ing arrogance of Michigan fans

I seriously just want our team to crush them this year more so than any other year I've said that

It is not so much as playing their lives out but getting very, very lucky

Don't forget that WE are the arrogant ones: We won't join a conference (read: THEIR conference), and we refuse to play them because we want easy wins (like future games against USC, FSU, Clemson, Stanford, Texas, ...).

I love UM fans' bitterness toward us simply because they feel snubbed.

We will ABSOLUTELY beat Michigan this season--that's a HAWAIIIRISH GUARANTEE!!

I have NO WORRIES about this game--- we win--we win going away!

aloha's

I agree at this point. I don't see meatchicken slowing NDs offense down, ND has way to many playmakers for UM to cover.

I hope ND puts a huge beat down on um im so tired of loosing close games to them.

I agree at this point. I don't see meatchicken slowing NDs offense down, ND has way to many playmakers for UM to cover.

I hope ND puts a huge beat down on um im so tired of loosing close games to them.

Their offensive line is going to be so incredibly bad...so bad....they might be as bad as our 2007 line...