Who will be our starting LBs? Only Jaylon seems certain.

REMND

I read an ISD article where BVG said Schmidt has very high football IQ.

I am thinking he will win the MLB spot. Jaylon is the SAM. Will is totally up for grabs.

Earlier I was predicting Jaylon, Moore and Councell.

Jaylon us the only certainty. We really won't know until almost the first game. The other two spots are really speculative but Schmidt is definitely making his move.

I think we might see Schmidt, Jaylon and Moore. I don't mind your prediction of Councell for Schmidt because that'd what I'd like to see.

At some point I expect to see lots of Kolin Hill and Nyles Morgan.

Linebacker is a very weak spot and I think that's putting it nicely. I also just read on the rivals board that a walk on Austin Larkin is playing ahead of Deeb... if that's the case then Deeb has been a huge dissapointment so far.

Edited by ndomer4

Jaylon--Morgan/Schmidt---Councell

aloha

Can Morgan play Will? I have heard that Councell could be moved.

Are the skill sets for the Will and Mike really different?

I really think Schmidt is going to win the Mike position the more that I hear him praised. Will might be Morgan's quickest route to playing time this year.

Randolph has worked out this spring but following the doctors is still UNABLE to have contact --his recovery from his shoulder injury is CLOSE--he will have contact in the fall----

LINEBACKER may not be as weak as it looks in spring---

Remember we have guys injured--Councell/Randolph/Grace---only Grace is in trouble from his injury the other two will likely be full go by fall

We have some TERRIFIC talent coming in as youngsters namely--MORGAN/SYKES/HILL/MARTINI

And beyond--Jaylon & Schmidt

we still have MOORE/DEEB/ TURNER/ONWAWALU

That's 13 guys led by the BIG TALENT of Jaylon

I think with this position group we need to have patience through fall before despair and panic set in

aloha's

Would help to have him but if he didn't wanna be here no big loss for us.

What do you guys think of Doug Randolph? I think he may be a wild card at linebacker.

I really like the way Randolph runs, turns the hips and reacts. Superior athlete to Kendall Moore. I got off Moore's bandwagon when I watched their drills. Randolph just needs to learn the system.

I really like the way Randolph runs, turns the hips and reacts. Superior athlete to Kendall Moore. I got off Moore's bandwagon when I watched their drills. Randolph just needs to learn the system.

I too was on the Moore bandwagon but hopped off in the spring. If he couldn't find a way in the starting lineup, especially last year then there's no reason to think he will this year. There's a reason we saw Schmidt before him.

We're a Doug Randolph, Morgan and Hill away from having a linebacking core that can run with the fast teams. We'll have it this year they're just going to be young and make mistakes. We've always lacked that speed at every linebacker spot but I think we're almost there.

I think Schmidt is your every down Mike, for better or worse. Possible exception is obvious short yardage or goal line, where Moore gets some play. Jaylon obviously, then your pick of Councell, Randolph, and Morgan for the other spot. Just not buying Morgan coming in and unseating Schmidt. I also assume Jaylon slides inside for 3-4 looks.