A pound of muscle weighs a bit more than a pound of fat if you were to compare equally sized amounts but is still denser and occupies less space than fat as well as burning calories even while at rest, as opposed to fat which just sits there and does nothing.

If Tranquill maintains that weight healthily, he likely projects to safety. If he bulks up some, I could see him at OLB. He's quite athletic to begin with and seems to have good instincts, which can't be taught.

We have too many linebackers atm, I think it's been said he will be a safety.

He's got plenty of size for safety I`m just more concerned with speed, he could lose a few pounds if you ask me. You gain too much weight you are bound to lose some speed and quickness.

Again would be pretty surprised if he doesn't play safety in college. A more uncertain subject, as far as I see it, is are we going to offer his younger brother? Imagine we will with a nice senior year. Already has some decent Big X offers. One would almost surmise the kid would jump at the opportunity. Some have estimated that Drew will be another Zibby/Harrison Smith. That would be wonderful if true. ;)

Edited by OKCIrish99

I think safety would be the idea spot for him. He wouldn't have to worry about bulking up and possibly sacrificing some of his athleticism in the process and he seems to have good instincts.

Regarding Justin, I read somewhere that he likes the idea of playing with Drue so maybe that plays in ND's favor. I think the issue with him is determining what position for him to play. RB, slot WR, CB, safety? He reminds me of Cam or Riddick in some ways. Good football players, maybe a bit limited in size and athleticism.

A pound of muscle weighs a bit more than a pound of fat if you were to compare equally sized amounts but is still denser and occupies less space than fat as well as burning calories even while at rest, as opposed to fat which just sits there and does nothing.

If Tranquill maintains that weight healthily, he likely projects to safety. If he bulks up some, I could see him at OLB. He's quite athletic to begin with and seems to have good instincts, which can't be taught.

Umm....no. A 5 gallon bucket of muscle weighs more than a 5 gallon bucket of fat....a pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as a pound of fat

Umm....no. A 5 gallon bucket of muscle weighs more than a 5 gallon bucket of fat....a pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as a pound of fat

Hahahahaha.... That reminds me of the riddle - Who's buried in Grant's tomb or What color is General Lee's white horse. A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat...??? Aaaahahahahahahaha. Somebody failed weights, measurements, and density.

Sorry to laugh, IrishConvert, but this started my morning out awesome. I have a girl I work with who tried to tell me that if I eat a 3 pound burrito, I will gain 4 pounds of weight. I told her she obviously failed nutrition and physics. Penn State grads....

Hahahahaha.... That reminds me of the riddle - Who's buried in Grant's tomb or What color is General Lee's white horse. A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat...??? Aaaahahahahahahaha. Somebody failed weights, measurements, and density.

Sorry to laugh, IrishConvert, but this started my morning out awesome. I have a girl I work with who tried to tell me that if I eat a 3 pound burrito, I will gain 4 pounds of weight. I told her she obviously failed nutrition and physics. Penn State grads....

Reminds me of the "which weighs more, a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks?" question...