McKenzie eliminates ND?

He did commit earlier, so ND did have him for a while.

I'm not blaming ND on this one, I'm just not disputing the quotes IM put out. Both can be right and still make it an odd situation.

His commitment was never official. At the time he was committed (around the USC game) he did not have the grades to play D-I football, let alone have admissions go-ahead.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His commitment was never official. At the time he was committed (around the USC game) he did not have the grades to play D-I football, let alone have admissions go-ahead.

Yea - he didn't have the grades.. And the others committed to us didn't have a signed LOI - but they were all still verbally committed to play for us.

you haven't a clue, but keep on talking as though you do because it has become quite entertaining ...............

What's your point on this, Schell? That we never really had this guy and he was playing us all along - waiting for a better suitor? That the coaching staff had NOTHING to do with his decommitment? Or are you seriously going the route of "we weren't in the rooms with them - so we don't know the conversations they were having"? Yea, none of us are in any of the 'rooms' with the coaching staff (unless you're PT) during the recruiting process or during the season but we all speculate and give our opinions - and from what I've seen since we started recruiting this kid :

Opinion : BALL = DROPPED.

What's your point on this, Schell? That we never really had this guy and he was playing us all along - waiting for a better suitor? That the coaching staff had NOTHING to do with his decommitment? Or are you seriously going the route of "we weren't in the rooms with them - so we don't know the conversations they were having"? Yea, none of us are in any of the 'rooms' with the coaching staff (unless you're PT) during the recruiting process or during the season but we all speculate and give our opinions - and from what I've seen since we started recruiting this kid :

Opinion : BALL = DROPPED.

ok, you've expressed your opinion now for the tenth time, we get it.....and my opinion is that you shouldn't be hollering so loudly about a situation you know absolutely NOTHING about....

He did commit earlier, so ND did have him for a while.

I'm not blaming ND on this one, I'm just not disputing the quotes IM put out. Both can be right and still make it an odd situation.

understood but it was a commitment that could not be accepted at the time.

I think the staff learned from the Tee Shephard debacle on this one.

What's going this morning my ND family....

I would like to start with.... The big guy upstairs was looking out for us when it comes to IM. He would have not made it past the first year, trust me.

Did BK push for a commit, absolutly, no dought in my mind. And why the hell not, ND went out of there way for this kid. Basically held his hand through the whole recruiting process to make sure this kid from the hood would have a chance to show his talent and make something of his life instead of dealing drugs or ending up working at 7-Eleven in Opa-Locka. He just showed the whole world who he really is. It's like bringing in someone in need into your home and he ends up stealing from you. That's the feeling i have right now about this kid.

As far as Diaco, I wish you guys knew the real Bobby. Most DC's laughed when he won the award 2 years ago. His schemes were horrible, yes he had intensity and most of our kids loved him as there coached but most hated him as a person. We are better off without him.

We now have a real DC andf you will see a huge differnce this season. Our players will acually be aloud to show what they can do instead of playing it safe.

As for BK, you guys that want him gone have quickly forgotten what things were like before he got here. He is moving this program back in the right direction. He is bringing in the best players he can and the ones he is getting are some of the best that have come through here in a long time. Some of you are so stuck in the past it crazy. Some of you still believe that ND is the place were every kid in the country dreams about about. "we are not"

Do you how many times our guys have come just short of begging for a kid just to come visit.... more than you know....

BK is going to get this program back to it's peak... Is it national Championships, Probably not... 10+ win seasons with a great bowl win... Yes

Some of you need to come back to earth. The rest of the world caught up to us a long time ago, kids want to stay in the south. The SEC is GOD right now. Kids believe if you don't get a SEC offer you are not the best, because that's were the best play. Showing up to there house and playing Rudy doesn't get it done.

Wish you guys could stand in BK's shoes to see all the sh*t this man has to go up against everyday. Trying to convince 17 year old kids to leave home, go to a school that is going to make you work just like everyone else, live in a place were more than half the year it's cold and grey instead of easy work and sun all year.

Just thought i would remind you...

What's going this morning my ND family....

I would like to start with.... The big guy upstairs was looking out for us when it comes to IM. He would have not made it past the first year, trust me.

Did BK push for a commit, absolutly, no dought in my mind. And why the hell not, ND went out of there way for this kid. Basically held his hand through the whole recruiting process to make sure this kid from the hood would have a chance to show his talent and make something of his life instead of dealing drugs or ending up working at 7-Eleven in Opa-Locka. He just showed the whole world who he really is. It's like bringing in someone in need into your home and he ends up stealing from you. That's the feeling i have right now about this kid.

As far as Diaco, I wish you guys knew the real Bobby. Most DC's laughed when he won the award 2 years ago. His schemes were horrible, yes he had intensity and most of our kids loved him as there coached but most hated him as a person. We are better off without him.

We now have a real DC andf you will see a huge differnce this season. Our players will acually be aloud to show what they can do instead of playing it safe.

As for BK, you guys that want him gone have quickly forgotten what things were like before he got here. He is moving this program back in the right direction. He is bringing in the best players he can and the ones he is getting are some of the best that have come through here in a long time. Some of you are so stuck in the past it crazy. Some of you still believe that ND is the place were every kid in the country dreams about about. "we are not"

Do you how many times our guys have come just short of begging for a kid just to come visit.... more than you know....

BK is going to get this program back to it's peak... Is it national Championships, Probably not... 10+ win seasons with a great bowl win... Yes

Some of you need to come back to earth. The rest of the world caught up to us a long time ago, kids want to stay in the south. The SEC is GOD right now. Kids believe if you don't get a SEC offer you are not the best, because that's were the best play. Showing up to there house and playing Rudy doesn't get it done.

Wish you guys could stand in BK's shoes to see all the sh*t this man has to go up against everyday. Trying to convince 17 year old kids to leave home, go to a school that is going to make you work just like everyone else, live in a place were more than half the year it's cold and grey instead of easy work and sun all year.

Just thought i would remind you...

Well said.

ok, you've expressed your opinion now for the tenth time, we get it.....and my opinion is that you shouldn't be hollering so loudly about a situation you know absolutely NOTHING about....

Alright, Schell.. You're right. I know NOTHING about the recruiting process of Isaiah McKenzie. NOTHING. In fact, today is the first time I've heard his name.

Remind me.. who on this board played a vital role in the recruiting process of IM - better yet, any ND recruit? Wait a minute.. what's that? NONE!? Wow.. well, incredibly enough, the recruiting forum charges on... the blind leading the blind.

I defend my opinion when you and other's question it, and it turns into me hollering.. What a joke.

Alright, Schell.. You're right. I know NOTHING about the recruiting process of Isaiah McKenzie. NOTHING. In fact, today is the first time I've heard his name.

Remind me.. who on this board played a vital role in the recruiting process of IM - better yet, any ND recruit? Wait a minute.. what's that? NONE!? Wow.. well, incredibly enough, the recruiting forum charges on... the blind leading the blind.

I defend my opinion when you and other's question it, and it turns into me hollering.. What a joke.

keep chirping......

hahahaha....and who said anything about banning?? i rather enjoy watching you make an a$$ out of yourself......continue on....please..

I dunno.. "Keep chirping.." sure did sound like something a teacher would say pre-detention.. or a Cop would say pre-beatdown.. But I must have misinterpreted.

Look, I'm not trying to fight with anybody on this.. I just really wanted this kid - and I feel like fingers can be pointed.

Just.. frustrated.

You know what....And I'm very confident Schell will get my back on this:

I do know a little something about the recruitment of IM and you're mistaken in all of your assumptions. He had to come back to campus to meet admissions and he refused. He was talked to again and told if he refused, his offer was rescinded. He AGAIN, refused. He's a classic example of someone who has gotten attention from the hot girl at school and suddenly forgot the girl who stood by him all along and merely wanted a solid commitment from him as a sign he appreciated everything she's done all along.

Look, Kelly in many ways is absolutely infuriating to deal with and he's very wed to some ways that are less than ideal....His special teams are also so bad it's comical. However, some of you are so obsessed with pointing out how much he sucks, that you look for any possible reason to b&^ch about the man. In this case as with several others commonly pointed out, there was no ball to be dropped.

Edited by Sebastianmerckx
You know what....And I'm very confident Schell will get my back on this:

I do know a little something about the recruitment of IM and you're mistaken in all of your assumptions. He had to come back to campus to meet admissions and he refused. He was talked to again and told if he refused, his offer was rescinded. He AGAIN, refused. He's a classic example of someone who has gotten attention from the hot girl at school and suddenly forgot the girl who stood by him all along and merely wanted a solid commitment from him as a sign he appreciated everything she's done all along.

Look, Kelly in many ways is absolutely infuriating to deal with and he's very wed to some ways that are less than ideal....His special teams are also so bad it's comical. However, some of you are so obsessed with pointing out how much he sucks, that you look for any possible reason to b&^ch about the man. In this case as with several others commonly pointed out, there was no ball to be dropped.

So, in your opinion, McKenzie was never going to be Irish - no matter what the coaching staff did?

So, in your opinion, McKenzie was never going to be Irish - no matter what the coaching staff did?

Actually, no. For most of the process, he was definitely going to be Irish as long as he could become eligible. Over time, he's gotten a great deal more attention, partially due to his UA performance and partially because Notre Dame wanted him so bad. As that attention has been building, he's become increasingly less receptive. So, overall he was definitely all Notre Dame at one point, but over time and more recently specifically, he's been dragging his feet. Therefore, there really isn't much the staff can do, now. There are certain things they must do to actually extend a LOI and this kid didn't want to see it through when it came down to it(IE, lots of attention from new kids on the block).

Actually, no. For most of the process, he was definitely going to be Irish as long as he could become eligible. Over time, he's gotten a great deal more attention, partially due to his UA performance and partially because Notre Dame wanted him so bad. As that attention has been building, he's become increasingly less receptive. So, overall he was definitely all Notre Dame at one point, but over time and more recently specifically, he's been dragging his feet. Therefore, there really isn't much the staff can do, now. There are certain things they must do to actually extend a LOI and this kid didn't want to see it through when it came down to it(IE, lots of attention from new kids on the block).

I can definitely see him giving us less attention once some other quality football schools came knocking.. However, do you think the staff showed him a great deal of attention when we were his only glamorous option? Or do you think we somewhat phoned it in, thinking he was all Irish - but then really had to kick our recruiting into high gear when we saw others showing interest?

I feel like we had a chance with this kid.. and we blew it. But that's just my opinion..

I can definitely see him giving us less attention once some other quality football schools came knocking.. However, do you think the staff showed him a great deal of attention when we were his only glamorous option? Or do you think we somewhat phoned it in, thinking he was all Irish - but then really had to kick our recruiting into high gear when we saw others showing interest?

I feel like we had a chance with this kid.. and we blew it. But that's just my opinion..

no way rattler, the coaches were all over this kid.......he just got squirrely after some of the other schools showed interest...ND became second best to him...

From everything I'm aware, they really never cooled on him at all. In fact, they absolutely held his hand, throughout. Now, I will say they were rather firm with him as of late, but it's because of things he needed to do, but was suddenly providing push back and dragging his feet. The only time they ever cooled on him is within the last few days when it became apparent he was not going to follow through with requests that had to be completed for him to come.

So, holistically, it sounds like both of you believe there was nothing really that could have been done by the coaching staff to get this kid. No matter how much we pressured or didn't pressure, focused on him or left him alone, he was going to drag his feet with admissions or inevitably end up at a school that he originally found more appealing. Is that the way you see it?

So, holistically, it sounds like both of you believe there was nothing really that could have been done by the coaching staff to get this kid. No matter how much we pressured or didn't pressure, focused on him or left him alone, he was going to drag his feet with admissions or inevitably end up at a school that he originally found more appealing. Is that the way you see it?

Essentially, yes. The combination of new offers along with what was being said to him by those offers, swayed him a great deal. The staff absolutely did this kid a solid in the amount of aid and effort provided to him. He wouldn't even be in his current position if they hadn't taken the time they did. So, even though things went the way they did, they actually will come away looking good here( It shows they are really willing to go all out for a recruit).

Again though, Kelly definitely does suck at various other things and annoys my life on the regular...Just not in this case.