Yeargin III Decommits

Big23Head

At the end of the day we are better off. We get a lineman that will play at some point and lose a slow linebacker. With Morgan, Hill and Jhonnathon Williams (my favorite!!), we are upgrading the skill and speed to go with Jaylon Smith. It's all good.

Sykes and Tranquill too. Unless Tranquill is slotted to be a safety. Still leaves us with 4 LB's. Not a devastating blow like someone else said above.

Edit: forgot Martini too. Still have 5 backers in the class not counting Tranquill.

Edited by BI5224

This might be a dumb question, given that there are only 2 weeks left in recruiting season, but do we think ND will approach any other LB prospects? My guess is no, as they don't really need immediate help at that position so it can wait until next year.

I'm thinking that the staff had already discounted Yeargin based on them seeming OK with five more commitments (four plus Mokwuah).

We are fine. There was certainly enough tells ahead of time that this was a strong possibility. He was the most likely to decommit. I don't foresee any others and now we can turn our attention to the 5 star difference makers as we have built depth and "glue guys".

I hate guys like Yeargin, not because they decommit, but because everybody knows its going to happen but they lack the stones to do it until the very end. It happens every year that some weak willed young adult puts it off and puts it off until the end. Just man up and F'ing decommit rather than acting like a scared little child. It was no secret you were going to Clemson. At least Elijah Hood was a man about it...

Not trying to rub it in or be a dick (honestly!) but haven't you seen enough smoke that turns into fire the last few years here to be a bit more cynical? Haha! I mean, fool me once... ;)

Oh wait... How dare you imply that there may be something lurking below the surface at ND. I can't and will not ever believe we have any commit for sure until they show up for school. And then.... Who knows. I am not one of the believers who thinks this exodus of coaches reflects that we have this awesome coaching tree that is the reason for these departures. I am again in the dark, biting my nails, eating Cheetos, eyes squinted and getting buck teeth. Oh well. So who will be next to decommit? Since there seems to be a few of you that were just so sure about RYIII, put your name on the next one. We all know there will be another.

We are fine. There was certainly enough tells ahead of time that this was a strong possibility. He was the most likely to decommit. I don't foresee any others and now we can turn our attention to the 5 star difference makers as we have built depth and "glue guys".

Don't hold your breath. Hill is visiting. Next..........

Decommits happen every year, everywhere

My Florida schools buds are going nutts right now trying to keep there kids....

There has been at least 10 flips just this past week or 2

precisely, even Alabama lost a 5-star qb from its 2015. it happens to everyone. we're just so fixated with nd that we don't realize it happens to others.