2015 Recruit - Jayru Campbell "How to kiss your football career goodbye"

Yes, because kicking the fu(k out of them will teach them to be shining beacons of light later in life. SMH Echo, do you honestly believe half the garbage that seeps through your fingers and onto our screens? I'll admit you are one of my favorite posters here, but only in the "it's hard to look away" rationale. ;)

lol kicking the sh*t out of them isn't supposed to teach any lessons . They're already a lost cause. It's really just an opportunity to get a few licks in before their parents perpetuate their destiny. You can't fix where they're from or who their parents are : best you can do is taze them a few times and prepare them for a shithole life...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what the job entails. I have intimate knowledge matter of fact and you're wrong. Your job is to enforce the law, to serve and protect. a JUDGE has the privilege of putting people in their place. You are simply an order taker for the educated, and from your statement, and clearly your attitude, you are "one of those" cops. You have no business telling ANYBODY ANYTHING other than reading them their rights if necessary, and/or explaining why you are making your decisions based on law. Everything else is simply ego.

Here is an example of a PO job description: Police officers work in partnership with the communities they serve to maintain law and order, protect members of the public and their property, prevent crime, reduce the fear of crime and improve the quality of life for all citizens. They use a wide range of technology to protect individuals, identify the perpetrators of crime and ensure successful prosecutions against those who break the law.

Where in that statement does it say ANYTHING about putting people "in their place"?

Wow, I have never seen a more ignorant response on what it means to be a cop, and now you call me a dirty cop... Seriously man, you need to rethink your stance on this.

Ill be sure to be in "partnership with the community" the next time some dirt bag beats the living **** out of his wife and thinks he is above the law. That will work well... Next time some thug takes a swing at my partner, Ill be sure to "improve the quality of life for all citizens" in my reactions.

You seem to think we officers deal with "community policing" at every call we go to. Community policing has its place, but there are calls we get every day where someone needs a stern talking to or thinks they are above the law. "putting them in their place" means a lot of different things, I have yet to kick the **** out of someone (as much as I wanted to). Too much paper work for kicking the **** out of someone Echo88... :)

You view of police work is clearly incorrect, I dont care what "Experience" you have, I am a police officer and it is clear you do not know what you are talking about... so I dont think you have the expertise to be calling me a dirty cop.

I have been on the road for 1 year, guess how many times I have read someone their Miranda Rights?... once. "Oh no, I must be a dirty cop, I dont even read people their rights, I am breaking the law." WRONG, citizens simply do not understand when and why people are read their rights, basic patrol officers rarely need to read Miranda rights to people...

Wow, I have never seen a more ignorant response on what it means to be a cop, and now you call me a dirty cop... Seriously man, you need to rethink your stance on this.

Ill be sure to be in "partnership with the community" the next time some dirt bag beats the living **** out of his wife and thinks he is above the law. That will work well... Next time some thug takes a swing at my partner, Ill be sure to "improve the quality of life for all citizens" in my reactions.

You seem to think we officers deal with "community policing" at every call we go to. Community policing has its place, but there are calls we get every day where someone needs a stern talking to or thinks they are above the law. "putting them in their place" means a lot of different things, I have yet to kick the **** out of someone (as much as I wanted to). Too much paper work for kicking the **** out of someone Echo88... :)

You view of police work is clearly incorrect, I dont care what "Experience" you have, I am a police officer and it is clear you do not know what you are talking about... so I dont think you have the expertise to be calling me a dirty cop.

I have been on the road for 1 year, guess how many times I have read someone their Miranda Rights?... once. "Oh no, I must be a dirty cop, I dont even read people their rights, I am breaking the law." WRONG, citizens simply do not understand when and why people are read their rights, basic patrol officers rarely need to read Miranda rights to people...

You're doubling down on psycho. Get over it.

Hoosier, all you needed to say is that you are employed by a posse and I would have understood. ;)

Can you point out which one of my views is "clearly incorrect"? Please include your reasoning. Also, can you please provide an example of how you personally "put someone in their place" and how you managed to do so while remaining within the confines of the very law you serve. This shouldn't be difficult considering you are a trained observer. Thanks.

Why bother posting that video, that has nothing to do with me or this conversation.

Hoosier, all you needed to say is that you are employed by a posse and I would have understood. ;)

Can you point out which one of my views is "clearly incorrect"? Please include your reasoning. Also, can you please provide an example of how you personally "put someone in their place" and how you managed to do so while remaining within the confines of the very law you serve. This shouldn't be difficult considering you are a trained observer. Thanks.

Do you even know what a posse is? I am not sure how you got that from what I said...

I just did give you examples of all those things... Detective work is not in your future. It is obvious I will get no where with this, I thought I could have a grown up conversation, but it seems you are nothing more than one of the goons I deal with who like to run their mouths... This seems like you: "I know my rights!"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/95qZtwJNjxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why bother posting that video, that has nothing to do with me or this conversation.

Do you even know what a posse is? I am not sure how you got that from what I said...

I just did give you examples of all those things... Detective work is not in your future. It is obvious I will get no where with this, I thought I could have a grown up conversation, but it seems you are nothing more than one of the goons I deal with who like to run their mouths... This seems like you: "I know my rights!"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/95qZtwJNjxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You did NOT give PERSONAL examples, lol. You simply quoted ideas and clichés in prior posts. Wife beater this, and cop killer that, blah blah blah. An employee at McDonalds could have done the exact same Hoosier.

I honestly didn't expect you to answer the question. I knew you couldn't because everything you have stated has painted you into a corner of obnoxiousness. It seems YOU are incapable of reasonable communication. I'm sitting right here answering your pathetic posts while you have yet to answer any of mine. It also seems that besides Echo (surprise) not many posters support your holier-than-thou cowboy mentality you speak of. I don't blame you. Many cops behave the same way. I don't disrespect your position. I disrespect your attitude.

You did NOT give PERSONAL examples, lol. You simply quoted ideas and clichés in prior posts. Wife beater this, and cop killer that, blah blah blah. An employee at McDonalds could have done the exact same Hoosier.

I honestly didn't expect you to answer the question. I knew you couldn't because everything you have stated has painted you into a corner of obnoxiousness. It seems YOU are incapable of reasonable communication. I'm sitting right here answering your pathetic posts while you have yet to answer any of mine. It also seems that besides Echo (surprise) not many posters support your holier-than-thou cowboy mentality you speak of. I don't blame you. Many cops behave the same way. I don't disrespect your position. I disrespect your attitude.

This country is weak. It's citizens are weak. We have been consumed with a liberal dousing of every facet of our society. People whine and cry about police brutality and then, in the same breath, question the way in which crime is prevented. People whine and cry about their privacy being violated as the NSA peruses records to find terrorists, then in the same breath they complain about the security of our nation. People whine and cry about the tapering of government handouts then, in the same breath, bitch about where their tax money is going.

This kid body-slammed and kicked a security guard and needs to get his a$$ beat for it. The security guard is there precisely to protect innocents from pieces of sh*t like Jayru. I wish the U.S. was populated with more Clint Eastwoods and fewer Rob Reiners. And I'm in my early 30s.

This country is weak. It's citizens are weak. We have been consumed with a liberal dousing of every facet of our society. People whine and cry about police brutality and then, in the same breath, question the way in which crime is prevented. People whine and cry about their privacy being violated as the NSA peruses records to find terrorists, then in the same breath they complain about the security of our nation. People whine and cry about the tapering of government handouts then, in the same breath, bitch about where their tax money is going.

This kid body-slammed and kicked a security guard and needs to get his a$$ beat for it. The security guard is there precisely to protect innocents from pieces of sh*t like Jayru. I wish the U.S. was populated with more Clint Eastwoods and fewer Rob Reiners. And I'm in my early 30s.

I'm about as conservative as one can get; but I never considered police brutality to be tenet of conservatism. Mostly because it is not.

I agree with the liberal dousing concept but I don't think there is a legitimate "ism" that condones police brutality - except maybe egotism.

I have a question that I wanted to ask you. I am in no way taking sides in the ongoing pissing match that you have found yourself in, so don't take it as an attack. In a previous thread that we were both involved in I mentioned gun rights and INGO. You made a comment after all was said and done that went something like "I'm sure Ingo has many documented cases". I did not respond directly to the post, but I felt it was somewhat of a **** off response given the context of the discussion. I understand that this is a message board, and a lot can be misinterpreted when only being typed. I guess if you can remember the post as its been a little while ago, could you elaborate on how it was to be interpreted? You can PM me if you don't want to put it on this thread, as I don't want to fuel this pissing match.

I'm about as conservative as one can get; but I never considered police brutality to be tenet of conservatism. Mostly because it is not.

I agree with the liberal dousing concept but I don't think there is a legitimate "ism" that condones police brutality - except maybe egotism.

True, except we really aren't talking about brutality or excessive force. The original question was why Jayru wasn't put on the hallway floor after assaulting a security guard. And I dont care what words were exchanged beforehand---that was a serious assault.

We are talking about applying enough force to either render someone incapacitated hereby ending a struggle. Tasers, clubs, pavement.....whatever is needed to accomplish the task. Most individuals that require such force are either under the influence of pain-numbing drugs or hell bent on putting up the most resistance as possible before going back to jail. The brutality in the video is not an example of this because force was unnecessary. Most police offers can attest to that. Introducing a video like that to explain "putting someone in their place" is like showing a video of a bank teller stealing money as evidence that all bank tellers are thieves.

-I still fail to see where I am acting as you say I am. Besides, I dont need validation on this thread, I already have enough validation through PMs plus there are a few cops on this site. Those who are angry are usually the most vocal. Besides, the person who is supporting you is Baltimore, who frankly, is not the best backup in the world... he attacks every post I make, I think that is all he does on this site ever since his little mishap...

-You are very simple minded when you generalize "many cops," how many cops do you even know to make that assumption.

-No, you took a phrase I used to mean "kick the **** out of someone." That is not my issue, it is clear you jumped the gun, which means you more than likely have a bias toward police officers... probably for some stupid reason.

-Then you called me a dirty cop based on nothing but your misinterpretation

-My examples are general examples, because I thought you were smart enough to figure out the rest. It is one of those common knowledge situations. Which goes to show how little you actually know of police work. But I will give you an example of putting people in their place of what happened yesterday:

1) Guy beats his wife, tells me that it is his right to do whatever he wants to his wife and that the law cannot do anything about it. I "put him in his place" by telling him are archaic his views are, what TN law, and taking him to jail for Domestic - Agg Assault(Guess what, no physical altercation even happened)

2) Juvenile is not obeying his parents saying that he does not have to do what they say and plans on running away. I told him of TN law and "put him in his place." (Again, no "**** kicking" took place)

3) Vehicle crash, driver was intoxicated, she tried to blame it on "2 white guys" (she kept saying that over and over) who drove her car and ran off. She "resisted arrest" but I did not kick the **** out of her, I simply used arm techniques and got the cuffs on her. I put her in her place.

4) A group of juveniles were picking on an elderly man, I showed up and you could see them pucker up and cower. I "put them in their place" by calling each of their parents and giving them a court date. Giving them the speech that they picked on someone who could not defend themselves.

You dont understand the attitude a cop has to have in certain situations. I am actually a very gentle person in real life (Echo88 will back me on that... :p ), but there are calls where I have to get in people's faces and show them who is running the show (you will probably take that sentence and run with it: "abusing police authority," but that is far from the truth). When a cop loses control of the situation, bad things happen. Having said that, 90% of the time, I am a very nice cop, the other 10%, it is the situation that dictates my attitude, not my personality.

Edited by NDhoosier
I have a question that I wanted to ask you. I am in no way taking sides in the ongoing pissing match that you have found yourself in, so don't take it as an attack. In a previous thread that we were both involved in I mentioned gun rights and INGO. You made a comment after all was said and done that went something like "I'm sure Ingo has many documented cases". I did not respond directly to the post, but I felt it was somewhat of a **** off response given the context of the discussion. I understand that this is a message board, and a lot can be misinterpreted when only being typed. I guess if you can remember the post as its been a little while ago, could you elaborate on how it was to be interpreted? You can PM me if you don't want to put it on this thread, as I don't want to fuel this pissing match.

I remember the thread, but not sure I remember the specific comments. What did they have plenty of documentation of?

-I still fail to see where I am acting as you say I am. Besides, I dont need validation on this thread, I already have enough validation through PMs plus there are a few cops on this site. Those who are angry are usually the most vocal. Besides, the person who is supporting you is Baltimore, who frankly, is not the best backup in the world... he attacks every post I make, I think that is all he does on this site ever since his little mishap...

-You are very simple minded when you generalize "many cops," how many cops do you even know to make that assumption.

-No, you took a phrase I used to mean "kick the **** out of someone." That is not my issue, it is clear you jumped the gun, which means you more than likely have a bias toward police officers... probably for some stupid reason.

-My examples are general examples, because I thought you were smart enough to figure out the rest. It is one of those common knowledge situations. Which goes to show how little you actually know of police work. But I will give you an example of putting people in their place of what happened yesterday:

1) Guy beats his wife, tells me that it is his right to do whatever he wants to his wife and that the law cannot do anything about it. I "put him in his place" by telling him are archaic his views are, what TN law, and taking him to jail for Domestic - Agg Assault(Guess what, no physical altercation even happened)

2) Juvenile is not obeying his parents saying that he does not have to do what they say and plans on running away. I told him of TN law and "put him in his place." (Again, no "**** kicking" took place)

3) Vehicle crash, driver was intoxicated, she tried to blame it on "2 white guys" (she kept saying that over and over) who drove her car and ran off. She "resisted arrest" but I did not kick the **** out of her, I simply used arm techniques and got the cuffs on her. I put her in her place.

4) A group of juveniles were picking on an elderly man, I showed up and you could see them pucker up and cower. I "put them in their place" by calling each of their parents and giving them a court date. Giving them the speech that they picked on someone who could not defend themselves.

You dont understand the attitude a cop has to have in certain situations. I am actually a very gentle person in real life (Echo88 will back me on that... :p ), but there are calls where I have to get in people's faces and show them who is running the show (you will probably take that sentence and run with it: "abusing police authority," but that is far from the truth). When a cop loses control of the situation, bad things happen. Having said that, 90% of the time, I am a very nice cop, the other 10%, it is the situation that dictates my attitude, not my personality.

Uhh what in the hell is that supposed to mean?

While I applaud your effort, as a cop with 14 years on the street, there's not much you are going to be able to say to change a "cop haters" mind. I don't even bother anymore. They have no clue. They say they do because they "have family that's LEO's", "My friend is a LEO", "I've taken Criminal Law courses",,, It doesn't matter,,, they have no clue, don't waste your time. SMDH