Green-Beckham arrested

Rocketsan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually agree with legalizing marijuana and medical marijuana but thats beside the point. He got caught in Missouri....where its illegal.

exactly, I am for legalization as well, but its still illegal, so you shouldnt do it. period, end of story. Maybe he should have gone to Colorado University.

Legalizing pot is wrong.

It's going to take 5-10 years for my point to be proved correct.

For now, I'll let the potheads and hippies ramble off the long long list of reasons that pot should be legal.

Some state's weed laws are probably too strict, but legalizing it is asinine. What's next medical insurance coverage for transvestite operations? Oh, wait...

Legalizing pot is wrong.

It's going to take 5-10 years for my point to be proved correct.

For now, I'll let the potheads and hippies ramble off the long long list of reasons that pot should be legal.

Some state's weed laws are probably too strict, but legalizing it is asinine. What's next medical insurance coverage for transvestite operations? Oh, wait...

But Legal Alcohol consumpution is okay ... ? Many would argue alcohol is a far more damaging substance than weed.

Anyway, back to DGB ... a huge shame, and must have been pretty flagrant to be caught.

Every time this happens to an athlete the conversation turns into what SHOULD be the law instead of what IS the law. Look, you can't break a drug law and play college football. It really isn't complicated. He knows it. I know it. Everyone knows it. Perhaps sparky would understand that if he wasn't blazed all the time. He is more than welcome to forfeit his future NFL millions, move to Colorado or Washington, and toast himself Ricky Williams style. He'll probably run into Cierre Wood there.

Every time this happens to an athlete the conversation turns into what SHOULD be the law instead of what IS the law. Look, you can't break a drug law and play college football. It really isn't complicated. He knows it. I know it. Everyone knows it. Perhaps sparky would understand that if he wasn't blazed all the time. He is more than welcome to forfeit his future NFL millions, move to Colorado or Washington, and toast himself Ricky Williams style. He'll probably run into Cierre Wood there.

hey brutha, welcome back, where ya been??

I just don't get worked up when i see an athlete is arrested for pot. if i'm a coach i have them run 2 sprints as punishment...one to get the weed and the other to bring it back to share haha. same when one is arrested for underage drinking, gets a ticket for speeding, etc. it's all piddly stuff. when he pulls a sam hurd then let me know.

I just don't get worked up when i see an athlete is arrested for pot. if i'm a coach i have them run 2 sprints as punishment...one to get the weed and the other to bring it back to share haha. same when one is arrested for underage drinking, gets a ticket for speeding, etc. it's all piddly stuff. when he pulls a sam hurd then let me know.

Would you get worked up if you catch your high schooler with weed, or would you write that off as piddly stuff?

It should definitely be legalized. Cigarettes and alcohol are far more damaging than marijuana. Colorado stands to make between 50-100 million just off tax income alone. I forget where I read it, but the difference in lung capacity of someone who smokes pot regularly and who doesn't smoke at all is something like <1%. Nothing will happen to DGB though

From an article on Fox Sports website:

"John Beckham decided he didn’t want Dorial to play at one school after he saw a coach slam a headset at the end of the game instead of simply handing it to a waiting assistant.

The coach was Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly, Tracy Beckham said."

But he was fine with him going to play for a raging alcoholic like Gary Pinkel?

I know several Mizzou grads with ties to the athletic department who have all told me that Pinkel's DUI was certainly not the only time he drove while intoxicated.

It should definitely be legalized. Cigarettes and alcohol are far more damaging than marijuana. Colorado stands to make between 50-100 million just off tax income alone. I forget where I read it, but the difference in lung capacity of someone who smokes pot regularly and who doesn't smoke at all is something like <1%. Nothing will happen to DGB though

50-100 million is a drop in the bucket for politicians, and it's sales tax...

For every study that you find which says weed isn't harmful, I can find you 3 that says it is very harmful, so go on with that hogwash.

I smoked weed several times one summer when I was 22 just an fyi. While most of the time, the effects resulted in more or less confusion unable to accurately notice the passage of time, I once woke up pissing in my bathroom looking out the window.

The situation described when I mixed a moderate amount of beers(8) with half of 1 blunt. There are going to be some nasty Drug & Alcohol related crashes now that you're legally allowed to smoke marijuana and operate a vehicle as long as you don't have so much(I forget the specified amount) in your system.

People are going to push these limits just like they do alcohol because they think they can get away with it or that enough time has passed where they are now under the limit. Additionally, people are going to mix the two and drive around on your roadways.

If you want to move there go ahead, but it doesn't sound like a very safe place that I'd want to raise my family.

[ame=

]
[/ame]