Who replaces Niklas and DD?

REMND

Are there any positives at all?

Koyack has a great opportunity here. Smythe with his size might be ready.

I am still hoping for McGlinchey reps at TE because I want the running game to go. Heuerman came in early last year but I have not heard much about him.

There are a lot of options to replace DD but no experience. Plus, I do not think Golson knows any of the receiver that he will work with. I think Corey and Fuller will win the battle.

Davaris will be back for summer and fall, but he may lose his spot in line by then. As someone tweeted yesterday, DD may be the single vet on the roster MOST in need of the detailed spring practices.

As for Niklas, it hurts. However, Koyack came on strong throughout the year, and then Heuerman and Smythe were great recruits that fit our system. They should do fine. If not, we may have to press and put in Luatua or Weishar early as frosh.

I think Koyack will end up being a finalist for the Mackey award and end up drafted in the first three rounds. He's great in the passing game i just think he needs work on blocking.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mcglinchey in there to block as a tight end and then I think heuerman will make some plays in the pass game.

I think Koyack will end up being a finalist for the Mackey award and end up drafted in the first three rounds. He's great in the passing game i just think he needs work on blocking.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mcglinchey in there to block as a tight end and then I think heuerman will make some plays in the pass game.

I think we'll want/need McGlinchey in the two deep on the line rather than have him cross train or move to TE.

I think we'll want/need McGlinchey in the two deep on the line rather than have him cross train or move to TE.

I'm not saying we're going to cross train him but simply put him in to block. You see Stanford and numerous NFL teams putting in backup linemen at tight end to block.

Who would you rather have blocking for you Heuerman, Smythe, or Mcglinchy?

I'm not saying we're going to cross train him but simply put him in to block. You see Stanford and numerous NFL teams putting in backup linemen at tight end to block.

Who would you rather have blocking for you Heuerman, Smythe, or Mcglinchy?

I am not sure how much cross training is involved. I also see him as an in line blocker in a two TE set so Koyack would play off the line and act as a receiver and/or blocker. Niklas played the blocker role in 2012.

I think it would be a good way to get our best talent on the field. He would Lear to block in space, Harris's the guy trying to set the edge, give Gilson more time to throw. I have no idea what type of hands he has.

If we can't get on the field as a blocking TE, he will be stuck behind Elmer and Stanley for possibly his whole career.

Sure hope dd returns with a new focus on school and consistent wr play.

All kinds of talent. Would be a huge loss if TJ dd and Troy were all gone. Fingers crossed on DD!

You are right - as with EG focus and consistent application are needed and this may be the wake up call that helps delivers them. I can remember that it did just that for a 1966 ND All American halfback.

On the plus side - as has been pointed out - this will give EG significantly more reps with the other WRs (and TEs) with whom he is not currently familiar - and that is a good thing.

Edited by Wharton70
Added thought

Your all still forgetting about Tori Hunter still think he could be the next TJ.

I have heard good things about Hunter but I am not sure of what his game is. Is he like TJ, like Tate, or like Fuller, I do not know.

I have been comparing Onwuala as a bigger stronger faster TJ.