DaVaris Daniels Suspended for Spring

aj7822

I got caught cheating. I used the same term paper a friend of mine had used the year before. Same teacher. So the teacher confronts me and I say "Well, I didn't really cheat - I wrote it for my friend last year - he's the cheater!" The teacher didn't buy it but let me skate cause he was a nice guy.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Fortuna ‏@Matt_Fortuna 9m

BREAKING: #NotreDame WR DaVaris Daniels tells @espn in statement he'll miss spring (academics), plans to re-enroll. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10270226/davaris-daniels-notre-dame-fighting-irish-suspended-academic-issue

Theo v Cierre 2.0...Here comes another year of a stud being put in the doghouse while people here make excuses about why we're better off having someone who isn't as talented as Davaris play. I can already foresee the "CJ Prosise (nothing against him, just a random pick) is a gamer!" threads after a 4 catch, 38 yd performance against Rice.

Then I'm going to have to remind some people that Davaris is the biggest threat we have at WR and we're actually being hampered by him standing on the sidelines while someone else is playing.

And before someone goes "Theo did great for us, blah blah blah (smells own ND scented farts), blah." Yes, we had ALOT of wins with Theo carrying most of the load and he was a very solid player. However, we need our premier studs to be on the field to take that next step. I'm sick of being "solid." Lets shoot for great.

/rant about the future

You can look at it one of two ways. Cheating is bad or only people who care cheat. So I'm going to give DD the shadow of the doubt and say that he cared enough to cheat. His old man is going to climb his *** though. Phil is no nonsense, work your butt off. So I think DD would rather face BTK than PD.

Back on topic: STOP GETTING F*CKING SUSPENDED.

Jesus Christ, ND has all of the discipline with none of the results this year.

This really does suck as the way to begin the 2014 year and offseason. Sheesh... and stuff happens in 3's :pout: I am cautiously optomistic that he will be back and everything fine by the start of fall practice. Yikes!!

You can look at it one of two ways. Cheating is bad or only people who care cheat. So I'm going to give DD the shadow of the doubt and say that he cared enough to cheat. His old man is going to climb his *** though. Phil is no nonsense, work your butt off. So I think DD would rather face BTK than PD.

yikes...would not want to bring bad news to that monster

http://www.criticalbench.com/images/inter-Phillip-Daniels2.jpg

There has been a lot of smoke on South Bend during the last 4 years why does no one think fire? High profile defect and decommits plus stupid suspensions. Maddening. The team makes a ton of money for the university why does no one keep it out of trouble? Keep the students enrolled and the commits committed.

Seriously, wtf.

Everyone cheats, you just need to be smart enough to not get caught.

This is a ridiculous -- and incredibly skeptical -- statement. So rarely can one use words like "everyone".

That said, as a teacher, I have observed very smart cheaters and very dumb cheaters.

Personally, after watching Daniels' performance and effort this past season, perhaps a kick in the butt like this is just what he'll need for some motivation. I'll wait until fall to judge, but maybe a new heart will emerge in the young man.

This is a ridiculous -- and incredibly skeptical -- statement. So rarely can one use words like "everyone".

That said, as a teacher, I have observed very smart cheaters and very dumb cheaters.

Personally, after watching Daniels' performance and effort this past season, perhaps a kick in the butt like this is just what he'll need for some motivation. I'll wait until fall to judge, but maybe a new heart will emerge in the young man.

Again, exaggeration for effect. Its a literary device, known as hyperbole, I was employing to both overemphasize a fairly commonplace practice and to inject a level of humor into my statement.

I guess I missed my mark.

Again, exaggeration for effect. Its a literary device, known as hyperbole, I was employing to both overemphasize a fairly commonplace practice and to inject a level of humor into my statement.

I guess I missed my mark.

Ah, I got it. Thanks. Perhaps employ the llama? And condescension noted.