• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that racist? Am I missing something?

I was just jokingly observing how this kid at 17 or 18 is built like a mack truck along with what appears to be an advanced case of male pattern baldness.

I guess gmac don't realize a birth certificate can verify age. He should

Crack open a book and turn off cable news for a change.

Hahaha.. Thread derailed from jump street.

You seem to enjoy and laugh every time a thread gets derailed. Why do you like it so much when there's conflict between our members?

Another example "LOL - It's almost impossible to have a sports debate on here without someone being a total dick."

Edited by SpeedsterX
You seem to enjoy and laugh every time a thread gets derailed. Why do you like it so much when there's conflict between our members?

Lol - whoa whoa whoa.. pump the brakes, here. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous.. therefore - I thought it was funny.

And why do I like conflict on a sports message board? Well.. because what kind of message board would it be without conflict (debate)?

I assume you meant why do I like it when people resort to childish fighting on here - which I absolutely don't. Why am I being called out?

Another example "LOL - It's almost impossible to have a sports debate on here without someone being a total dick."

...furthering my point. I welcome healthy debating. If you read the rest of that thread, you can plainly see that.

Again - why am I being called out?

Edited by Rattlesnake
...furthering my point. I welcome healthy debating. If you read the rest of that thread, you can plainly see that.

Again - why am I being called out?

There's a difference between "healthy debate" and childish conflict. I just notice that when it happens, you seem to enjoy it and point it out. Take it easy, not calling you out, just asking why the "Hahaha's" and "LOL's" when a thread starts to dive due to an misunderstanding. Like the kid that's on the sideline telling the fighters to punch the other in the school yard.

There's a difference between "healthy debate" and childish conflict. I just notice that when it happens, you seem to enjoy it and point it out. Take it easy, not calling you out, just asking why the "Hahaha's" and "LOL's" when a thread starts to dive due to an misunderstanding. Like the kid that's on the sideline telling the fighters to punch the other in the school yard.

Like I said - I thought the racist comment was ridiculous - and therefore I thought it was funny.

It concerns me you think this is an ongoing issue when the other example you presented was me commenting on how it's actually difficult to have a good debate on here without someone becoming defensive.

Lol - whoa whoa whoa.. pump the brakes, here. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous.. therefore - I thought it was funny.

And why do I like conflict on a sports message board? Well.. because what kind of message board would it be without conflict (debate)?

I assume you meant why do I like it when people resort to childish fighting on here - which I absolutely don't. Why am I being called out?

Debate is not necessarily adversarial. It does not have to be a conflict, per se, to be productive. If you are suggesting that you do not antagonize, how then, do you explain your responses in this thread:

http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45881&page=2

Which are clearly a matter of stirring the pot, not encouraging debate. Civility and tact are prerequisites for intelligent debate. Trolling a thread where your posts indicate the only intent you had were to jab at another member is not productive. I'm not saying we all have to be friends here in order to discuss ND football, I'm just saying if you're going to act in a certain way, embrace it, don't feign innocence. We all root for the same team, that's all.

I am new to this site. But now that I see this is nothing more than a vehicle for outrageous bigotry.............Im gone!

Probably a good decision. But I choose the path of not engaging the bigots here, sometimes I indeed fail though.