Zibby retires from football!

Only 28, Tommy Zbikowski said he is retiring from football.

According to RotoWorld,Zbikowski revealed he recently lost his love for football and reported to Bears camp this summer out of shape. A heavy drinker, Zbikowski estimates he played at least 12 of his 64 career games with a "massive hangover." "I'm the only guy who can drink six beers, then spar 10 rounds on the same day," he said.

Liked Zibby till i read this.... what a waste, Moron

Have another beer bud, hope your not hung-over when you have to go save someones life

I felt the same way when I read the OP's quote and a few others. However, reading the Baltimore Sun article gave me a bit more understanding. Glad to hear he saved his income from football. Not many can say they have $3M socked away by 28 and can go do what makes them happy. The article also points out that much of the drinking was his way of coping with football and now that he's done playing he's no longer binge drinking.

I wish he'd gone on to a hall of fame career, but if his heart wasn't in it, at least he's able to do what makes him happy now.

Good luck to this young man. How can you criticize someone who publicly owns up to their mistakes and fears and chooses to right their path? Would it be better if he plowed into a family in a cross walk after a long night of drinking with his NFL buddies?

I like the move. Takes a lot of guts to pass on big money when you realize you don't love what you do. I hate my job and I do it every day for a lot LOT lot LOT less than a million bucks.

Thanks for the memories T.

Good luck to this young man. How can you criticize someone who publicly owns up to their mistakes and fears and chooses to right their path? Would it be better if he plowed into a family in a cross walk after a long night of drinking with his NFL buddies?

I like the move. Takes a lot of guts to pass on big money when you realize you don't love what you do. I hate my job and I do it every day for a lot LOT lot LOT less than a million bucks.

Thanks for the memories T.

Amen. He's going out on his terms. Bottom line, he was playing the game that he loved. He wasn't playing to get paid! How many others can say that?