Gold stars and frowny faces- purdue

Gold star

DD-Just stay healthy Young man. Stay healthy

Cam Mcdaniel- Didn't do anything great but you can't help but feel you got his best which is something I can't say about the others.

Coaching staff--I can't believe it. They actually made some halftime adjustments.

frowny faces

Lucky I only give out 3.*

Amir--Just when it looked like you were pulling away from the pack, you lay an egg.

Farley--last season you were a reliable tackler and serviceable in pass protection. now you get ran over and can't cover anyone.

Tuitt-- Dude, what happen? You're bigger then Nix and Day is takeingmore snaps then you.

* I have to give special Honorable Mention Frownies to:

ST Coverage--Only a matter of time before the give up some return TD's

Max redfield--How bad does he suck not to be able to get on the field with how bad the secondary has looked?

Don't dog Max. BK values experience. Doesn't mean he sucks.

Every coach values experience. Our secondary is struggling big time and it's not like he has a ton of highly experienced guys in front of him.

Tell lo wood about how kelly loves experience as he plays cole luke a head of him.

Max is stuck behind some mediocre performing players. I you don't like the word suck, tell me what i should replace it with?

Every coach values experience. Our secondary is struggling big time and it's not like he has a ton of highly experienced guys in front of him.

Tell lo wood about how kelly loves experience as he plays cole luke a head of him.

Max is stuck behind some mediocre performing players. I you don't like the word suck, tell me what i should replace it with?

No, BK does this every year. Talks up the new guys as infinitum, media and fan base get excited then the same old players get all the PT. How many freaking times will we fall for it?

And don't you dare mention Jaylon. Spond and Councell would've gotten all the snaps if not for Spond's retirement...

Edited by BlackIrish42

Gold stars:

Davaris Daniels. Kid stepped up big time when we needed it. Deserves a lot of credit for helping us win.

Tommy Rees. Third 300 yard passing game to start the season and showed up when it counted most. He has his flaws but he's playing well enough to get us some wins.

Cam McDaniel. Cam is a BA. What a tough son of a gun. He grinded hard this game and played harder than anyone on the field. He also gets kudos for having a classy post game interview.

Frownies:

Offensive line. We just haven't been able to establish a run game so far. O-line needs to step up. They went in the right direction in helping us grind the clock down at the end of the game. That's a start. I want consistency vs. MSU next week.

Amir Carlisle. Holes weren't there, but he still didn't play that great. He also fumbled in a big moment. I'm not ready to crap on him because he's looked good otherwise, but Greg Bryant better have his helmet ready because I feel like he's going to get called on pretty soon if this committee plan doesn't pan out.

Matthias Farley. Continues to look awful this year. Russell hasn't looked good either, but Farley has been atrocious. I don't think I've seen him make one good play yet. He's definitely the weak link on defense.

No, BK does this every year. Talks up the new guys as infinitum, media and fan base get excited then the same old players get all the PT. How many freaking times will we fall for it?

And don't you dare mention Jaylon. Spond and Councell would've gotten all the snaps if not for Spond's retirement...

I agree with your first part, cj and corey come to mind.

I think smith would have played regardless if spond was still around.

I agree with your first part, cj and corey come to mind.

I think smith would have played regardless if spond was still around.

Maybe but he woulda played a lot less, based on BK's track record. Remember neither Lynch or Tuiit played against UM their frosh years...

Edited by BlackIrish42
Maybe but he woulda played a lot less, based on BK's track record. Remember neither Lynch or Tuiit played against UM ther frosh years...

True, and he seemed to only play the freshmen backs (1 snap each) last night because he promised they would play earlier in the week

BS, how does that even make sense. Jaylon is the starter and if Spond was healthy, he wouldnt get any PT? You are crazy, what about Day last year, he was a regular before he got hurt, what about Lynch the year before? It happens, you are wrong, get over it.

The reason Redfield is not playing is because, like Kelly stated, he needs to pick up the mental part because there is a lot when it comes to the safety position. I swear, you guys are picking on anything and everything right now.

Gold stars:

Cam McDaniel - brought his A-game. I'm not saying he should start, but you definitely have to think he's carved out the reliable 3 yard guy. There's definitely a place for that.

DD - Continues to be a gamer. He just keeps getting better

Ishaq Williams - That guy lined up all over the place. He definitely disrupted some throws too. I think he's just going to get better every week.

Frowny faces -

Amir Carlisle - while I still think he's pretty good, he definitely struggled this game.

ILB's - Wow. Seems like they get worse in coverage every game. Probably because the opposition recognizes how bad they are and really picks on them.

Secondary - Coverage is an issue in the back half. I do think that they're all relatively young (Bennett is a senior, but he's a converted WR) and are going to get better. I know they can't get much worse.

BS, how does that even make sense. Jaylon is the starter and if Spond was healthy, he wouldnt get any PT? You are crazy, what about Day last year, he was a regular before he got hurt, what about Lynch the year before? It happens, you are wrong, get over it.

The reason Redfield is not playing is because, like Kelly stated, he needs to pick up the mental part because there is a lot when it comes to the safety position. I swear, you guys are picking on anything and everything right now.

Spond would have been the starter. Period. Secondly, as I pointed out before, Lynch was held out of game at UM and Tuitt was held out too.

My point remains: BK talks up young players but tends to play experienced guys.

Btw, I never mentioned Redfield at all.

Spond would have been the starter. Period. Secondly, as I pointed out before, Lynch was held out of game at UM and Tuitt was held out too.

This. I've never understood why almost every other team can play young guys, except ND.

Georgia played two freshman RBs last year. Alabama had a freshman backnplay a lot on a title team. I see freshman QBs playing hurry up all over.

But at ND, despite guys not performing, the freshmen are buried. Do I want freshmen to play just because? No.

But for whatever reason, ND is the only team with schemes so compicated that it takes 3 seasons to figure out.

Spond would start, but would Jaylon then start moving inside ... That aside... Why hasn't Grace displaced Fox / Carlo more? Last year he was werewolf, and this year it is where'swolf...

I really thought he'd be strongly emerging now.

But for whatever reason, ND is the only team with schemes so compicated that it takes 3 seasons to figure out.

...and this is what I get frustrated about. If it was that complicated (and it may be with a true dual threat QB), why do we continue to run the same plays over and over?