I want to take a moment to talk about one major bright side for me last night. Amir looked very good. We are lucky to have him for the next couple years. Even Herby stated that he reminded him of being able to fill Theo's role from last year. By no means am I hating on GAIII, as I think his speed is special, but as a Bear's fan he reminds me a lot of Devin Hester. Fantastic weapon with not much of an offensive identity. Amir will be a huge playmaker on this offense going forward and I am extremely excited to watch this. His burst is exceptional when he hits the hole hard, he can catch the ball in the slot or out of the backfield, and handles contact much better than I anticipated. There were a couple rough handoffs that slowed him down otherwise I thought it was only a matter of time before he broke through to the secondary right behind N. Martin and Co.

I am also curious as to why Bryant or Folston did not get any carries, in my opinion GAIII got too many carries and touches last night. I have total confidence in CBK going forward and we will figure this offense out, even though it was not the problem last night.

GO IRISH and I look forward to brighter scoreboards in the near future!

I am also curious as to why Bryant or Folston did not get any carries, in my opinion GAIII got too many carries and touches last night. I have total confidence in CBK going forward and we will figure this offense out, even though it was not the problem last night.

Tuitt & Lynch didn't start at Michigan when they were frosh... and in a big game with bright lights (and away from home), I see Kelly always wants to turn it over to the more seasoned players.

I don't blame him for starting GA3... he apparently did something through Fall camp to win the job, at least in the eyes of most players. He had to step up.. he was given probably one chance too many on the throws. He choked. And it seems, Kelly just openly said that GA3 will not be getting that call ... at least during a time that matters (close game).

I did read some posts earlier in the week saying it is not likely for Bryant or Folston to see much time because it takes awhile for an RB to learn the offense.

That is one reason why folks say Bryant and Folston will not completely emerge until mid season.

Bk is using young talent though. Amir, Bryant and Folston should be our RB rotation so it will be tough getting an RB to replace Hood.

Yep--Amir the lead back absolutely no doubt--with as many carries as he can safely handle---he should have been on the receiving end of those throws to George-it could have made a big difference.

Carlisle--& Bryant--that's the ticket---

WE NEED TO ADJUST SOONER RATHER THEN LATER---

Purdue is an opportunity to restart with the new info we have---COACH would be best advised not to blow an opportunity to make some changes next weekend.

aloha

This thread is why I end up hating this board after losses. GAIII AVERAGED 7.4 YARDS A CARRY LAST NIGHT. He had a fine night running the ball. Jesus, once some of you decide some player "sucks" no amount of EVIDENCE changes your minds. Ridiculous...

Plus, shiny new toy syndrome.

Bingo.......He turned 5 yard runs into 10 with his speed....

And they put him in on KO returns...

Edited by Domer Dude

Atkinson, again, remains a guy to me where he MUST get touches. He's too explosive to not try to get out in space.

That being said, he's not a guy who should be carrying the ball 20+ times a game. I think Amir can be that guy, and I've been very impressed with him over these past two games.