gold stars and frowny faces

Gold star--or at least silver

Jaylon smith--built like an Alabama safety but he was all over the place

TJ---Old faithful has even breathe life into punt returns. lets not get him hurt though.

Kyle Brinzda--hope he can remain consistant.

:cry: Frowny faces

Ronnie Stanley--Trying to decide on a nickname for him matador, or turnstile. He needs to grow up fast.

GA3-- welp, is there any doubt why they moved him to rb?

bennett Jackson--Dude?

I don't want to pile on GAIII, because he's doing what he can; but I do hold the coaching staff responsible for not making an adjustment and replacing him with someone else. Everyone on this board saw last week already how subpar his play was. He needs to concentrate on kick returns and leave it at that. Remember when Bryant was recruited, one of his biggest pluses, it was reported, were his soft hands. Why isn't he out there at RB with Carlisle? They'd be an amazing tandem.

Gold stars:

Jaylon Smith. Kid is going to be good and handled himself well in the limelight.

Troy Niklas. Came up big on a lot of plays. Want to see him more in the passing game.

TJ Jones. Showed toughness and is emerging as our go-to guy on offense.

Amir Carlisle. Liked what I saw again from him. He needs the ball more.

Frowny faces:

Brian Kelly. 4th down and you call a dumb bubble screen. WTF? RUN THE BALL. Also, declining that holding penalty was stupid. He'll learn from this.

Secondary. Everyone. We got torched and just didn't have an answer all game. It was repulsive to watch.

GAIII. Did some nice things, but dropped too many passes. He's about to lose his spot.

Edited by IrishOrDie
Gold stars:

Jaylon Smith. Kid is going to be good and handled himself well in the limelight.

Troy Niklas. Came up big on a lot of plays. Want to see him more in the passing game.

TJ Jones. Showed toughness and is emerging as our go-to guy on offense.

Amir Carlisle. Liked what I saw again from him. He needs the ball more.

Frowny faces:

Brian Kelly. 4th down and you call a dumb bubble screen. WTF? RUN THE BALL. Also, declining that holding penalty was stupid. He'll learn from this.

Secondary. Everyone. We got torched and just didn't have an answer all game. It was repulsive to watch.

GAIII. Did some nice things, but dropped too many passes. He's about to lose his spot.

The secondary troubled me. We have good starters with Cole and Shumate in reserve. Conversely, if a QB has time to pass and legs to run, they well shred a defense.

I sure didn't like that zone last night. We need to go man coverage bc our DB's can do it. Time of possession was pretty bad too. If you're way up then no big deal but when your D line is running like soccer players the whole game then it is an issue. I bet our guys lost 15 pounds last night

Here's BK's quote today on GA3 not catching the ball...

Asked about George Atkinson III, who had several drops Saturday, Kelly said: "He's got to stand next to me on the sideline. He's either got to catch the football, or he doesn't get scripted in those plays."

I agree with the gold stars---

Carlisle has to be the lead back no ifs ands or buts

Niklas needs the ball he can be very good

Jaylon did look very active to bad he couldn't get that INT

TJ and really ALL THE PASS CATCHERS SAVE ONE___they caught every pass tommy threw that was catchable

frown faces I have PLENTY--:grin:

ATKINSON

STANLEY

CARLO

FOX

FARLEY--ouch

SHEMBO--ouch ouch

B Jackson--worst game of his career

K Russel---not as bad as BJ

DIACO ___HUGE FROWNY---5-9 against mobile QBs--Geez he seems to be totally clueless

Kelly---red faced hysterical again---have to shelve that and just save it till the film room---its embarrassing and i'm sure HIGHLY GRATYFYING to our opponents---

GAMESMANSHIP RULE #1----you can't let them see they are getting to you --its weak

TOO MANY FROWNY FACES--

WE NEED PURDUE BAD--THIS TASTES HORRIBLE

aloha's go irish!

Gold stars!

Carlisle - GREAT game. Don't like seeing him go up the middle, but he gives it his all.

Niklas - I like his athleticism for being so big.

Timeout for you mister!

The entire secondary - Shore it up fellas.... you have the skill set

GAIII - I think his playing time is about to take a serious hit. There is no way he can continue to play this way. He really hasn't shown anything. I know he had some longish runs, but I really think either of the freshmen could've done the same thing based on he O-line push.

Offensive coaching staff - I know the forward pass looks cool, and chicks dig it, but unfortunately the run game will win you way more games. Let's beat the crap out of people on the ground and help our defense out with some time of possession hoarding.

ILB - Fox and Calabrese.... still can't cover anybody. Solid in the run though.

I am very impressed with all of our receivers. TJ is solid, Daniels is special, Niklas is a beast, and Brown and Robinson are going to be very good. If we can get consistent QB play, watch out.

My observations are as follows:

Niklas is ready to be a star. Feed him the ball.

Amir is our feature back, Cam short yardage, and get Bryant involved.

Grace needs to start at ILB. Fox isn't playing well enough. He and Carlo need to rotate.

The secondary played horribly, but these guys played well enough last year so I will hold out hope that last night was just a bad game.

Tuitt is playing like we thought he would.

People that are saying Kelly is a loser need to zip it. He has been a winner everywhere, won several coach of the year awards, and took us from the Tyrone imposed hell, to a championship game last year. He is the right guy. We really needed Golson last night but he fielded an offense that moved the ball.

We should've won that game last night. Still think we lose to Oklahoma and Stanford, so we finish 9-3.

I am very impressed with all of our receivers. TJ is solid, Daniels is special, Niklas is a beast, and Brown and Robinson are going to be very good. If we can get consistent QB play, watch out.

My observations are as follows:

Niklas is ready to be a star. Feed him the ball.

Amir is our feature back, Cam short yardage, and get Bryant involved.

Grace needs to start at ILB. Fox isn't playing well enough. He and Carlo need to rotate.

The secondary played horribly, but these guys played well enough last year so I will hold out hope that last night was just a bad game.

Tuitt is playing like we thought he would.

People that are saying Kelly is a loser need to zip it. He has been a winner everywhere, won several coach of the year awards, and took us from the Tyrone imposed hell, to a championship game last year. He is the right guy. We really needed Golson last night but he fielded an offense that moved the ball.

We should've won that game last night. Still think we lose to Oklahoma and Stanford, so we finish 9-3.

I like your observations.

Is Tuitt doing that well? His stats are pretty quiet.

I think we have 10-2 in us but some player have to start emerging Niklas like.