It is as much on Tommy as anyone else. The INT just before the half was probably a 14 point swing.

He hasn`t changed his bad habits of locking on to the receiver and throwing into double coverage. I was expecting more.

True, but if the defense played better in the first half Tommy and co. wouldn't be desperately trying to catch up. Again, boneheaded throw that shouldn't have happened, but I'm not ready to hang the loss on him. He played well otherwise which impressed me with the pressure he was getting throughout the game.

It was the defense's fault and Kelly's dumb playcalling. 41 points is inexcusable and I expect WAY more from the talent we have and Diaco in control. We should have run the ball more, especially down the stretch. If you have the horses in your stable, let them loose.

I would rather have Golson, but Rees is the best ND has.

I don't think Rees is THE reason ND wont win ball games. he is talented enough to score a bunch of points with the offense ND has, and if the defense can do it's job. the defense should not be allowing 30+ points, and the offense is capable of scoring 30+ points even with Rees.

It is as much on Tommy as anyone else. The INT just before the half was probably a 14 point swing.

He hasn`t changed his bad habits of locking on to the receiver and throwing into double coverage. I was expecting more.

I would be happy with Tommy if he would stop throwing off of his back foot! This causes his passes to be high, which in turn causes the receivers to have to jump for the ball which exposes them to kamikaze defensive backs going for the big hit, (TJ Jones comes to mind). Hit the receiver in stride so they can get maximum YAC's!

I, too, would rather have Golson. But Tommy isn't the reason we lost Saturday night, and I thought he played a pretty good game. The defense's inability to get a stop was.

Not to make any excuses for the awful D, but if Tommy wouldn't have missed open receivers in critical spots (first drive to TJ, overthrowing an open Amir) and thrown one of the worst interceptions I've ever seen at the end of the half the D would have been in position to give up 14 less points. Still not great, but Tommy, Kelly and the O did the D no favors all day.

Not to make any excuses for the awful D, but if Tommy wouldn't have missed open receivers in critical spots (first drive to TJ, overthrowing an open Amir) and thrown one of the worst interceptions I've ever seen at the end of the half the D would have been in position to give up 14 less points. Still not great, but Tommy, Kelly and the O did the D no favors all day.

Are you kidding me? That was a difficult throw and a common INT in both NFL and college. The one Gardner threw was literally 10x worse. Dont exaggerated to try and make a point. Rees played a pretty solid game yesterday.

Are you kidding me? That was a difficult throw and a common INT in both NFL and college. The one Gardner threw was literally 10x worse. Dont exaggerated to try and make a point. Rees played a pretty solid game yesterday.

He should have throw it away. Plain and simple. Gardener a was even worse. But a senior QB after 4 years in the system should NEVER throw that pass in any situation. If Golson was QB he throws that ball 30yds OB and Michigan doesn't score again in the first half.