2014 Recruiting Prospects

- JuJu Smith no longer has ND in his top 6, wants to play WR now apparently. Still plans to OV though.

- ATH Chris Samuel does have an offer, from Diaco lasst week and will focus on his top schools as I mentioned previously.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have always been in his top 5.

ND/USC has appeared to be his top 2 for a while now.

He just did a video interview with rivals excluding us from his top 5. Sure hope you're right though. He's supposed to be a stud.
He just did a video interview with rivals excluding us from his top 5. Sure hope you're right though. He's supposed to be a stud.

It is recent that ND is longer a top team, as in 2 reports just days apart have ND in and out. If he still visits it can all change. I think his top will still be in flux, ND is not out completely.

It is recent that ND is longer a top team, as in 2 reports just days apart have ND in and out. If he still visits it can all change. I think his top will still be in flux, ND is not out completely.
I agree. Still going to be tough to get in the mix from what the vibes we're getting.

- WR Saeed Blacknall will visit ND this summer. Things have seemed to be trending up with him.

- WR Corey Holmes will come to campus June 20-21 for a 4th time, good vibes for a commit

- WR Derek Kief will visit in June and stays in contact with the staff regularly

- QB DeShone Kizer apparently lists ND in his top 5 without having an offer.

- That said ISD ranked the top 3 ND QB targets (Kyle Allen, Jacob Park, Brandon Dawkins): Mele's Big Board: Quarterback

-That said ISD ranked the top 3 ND QB targets (Kyle Allen, Jacob Park, Brandon Dawkins): Mele's Big Board: Quarterback

All due respect to Sean Mele... Dawkins is not "incredibly accurate". In fact accuracy is one of his main weaknesses which he needs to improve upon. Big, strong arm, pretty athletic kid (but not Kaepernick athletic) with all the measureables and potential. But he needs a strong summer of camps showing improved accuracy and decision making to improve his offer list. Which, if he does, could reduce ND's chances with him.

All due respect to Sean Mele... Dawkins is not "incredibly accurate". In fact accuracy is one of his main weaknesses which he needs to improve upon. Big, strong arm, pretty athletic kid (but not Kaepernick athletic) with all the measureables and potential. But he needs a strong summer of camps showing improved accuracy and decision making to improve his offer list. Which, if he does, could reduce ND's chances with him.

Ahhhh so a strengthened offer list could reduce our chances eh? What say you about a jacket reducing the chances of bitching about it being cold?

Ahhhh so a strengthened offer list could reduce our chances eh? What say you about a jacket reducing the chances of bitching about it being cold?

Captain Obvious I Am. ;)

My main point was that very few Div 1 coaches see all 4 stars in Dawkins that the services see... as of now. And if ND really wants him we need to hope he doesn't impress too many of them from here out because he's very likely to stay local if he has a chance to.

Captain Obvious I Am. ;)

My main point was that very few Div 1 coaches see all 4 stars in Dawkins that the services see... as of now. And if ND really wants him we need to hope he doesn't impress too many of them from here out because he's very likely to stay local if he has a chance to.

Amen to that, master Yoda... :)

More updates just came out

- Coach Hiestand is visiting Alex Bars right now at his track meet

- Andrew Williams will visit June 20-22, sounds like several recruits will be in town that weekend (his parents should be there too)

Mid June visitors:

Justin Brent

Andrew Williams

Corey Holmes

Donte Thomas-Williams

Trevion Thompson

Apparently Tyler Luatua

Possibly Derek Kief, Saeed Blacknall and more

Possibility of adding some big names to this list as well

Also here is a link to the Rivals 5 Star Camp: 5 Star Challenge

Edited by Big23Head
Mid June visitors:

Justin Brent

Andrew Williams

Corey Holmes

Donte Thomas-Williams

Trevion Thompson

Apparently Tyler Luatua

Possibly Derek Kief, Saeed Blacknall and more

Possibility of adding some big names to this list as well

Also here is a link to the Rivals 5 Star Camp: 5 Star Challenge

Who is our best chance at WR? We need to land a stud or two.

As 23 has mentioned, Corey Holmes probably has Nd in the lead.

I hope so. A pretty impressive offer list. I like his height and speed. We do have a connection with St Thomas Aquinas, but I have a feeling he stays in state.

I hope so. A pretty impressive offer list. I like his height and speed. We do have a connection with St Thomas Aquinas, but I have a feeling he stays in state.

If you count Long Snapper, sure. We've missed badly at STA for way too long. It would be such a boon to get in on that program and make it a real pipeline for us. Be that guy, Corey!

- Alex Bars committed. Fantastic pick up OL is done unless the recruit is elite like Smith.

- Jonathan Vicker RB was offered for the slot type position. Been injured the last year so rankings are lower.

- The OL guys are after Kyle Allen now.

- Dante Booker said himself OSU leads so I wouldn't be surprised if be committed in the near future to them.

- ILB Kenny Young has an offer. We will see if he actually gets to campus.

- Allen Lazard was offered. Big WR committed to Iowa State. Very good payer and will visit June 10

I'm out of the country for a while all, be back with updates eventually

Edited by Big23Head
- Alex Bars committed. Fantastic pick up OL is done unless the recruit is elite like Smith.

- Jonathan Vicker RB was offered for the slot type position. Been injured the last year so rankings are lower.

- Dante Booker said himself OSU leads so I wouldn't be surprised if be committed in the near future to them.

- Allen Lazard was offered. Big WR committed to Iowa State. Very good payer and will visit June 10

I think we got a good chance with Lazard. He's the #1 receiver on rivals. He seemed pretty excited about the offer and has connections with Elliot from when he was at Iowa State.

Here's an article with him talking about the offer.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130517/SPORTS020602/130517024/Prized-Iowa-State-football-recruit-plans-visit-to-Notre-Dame?Frontpage&nclick_check=1

Booker committed to tOSU today

Who is our best chance at WR? We need to land a stud or two.

Justin Brent is no slouch. He's a legit 4 star with great size and pretty good speed. Probably the most complete wide receiver commit we've had since Daniels. Lazard could change that if he commits.