2014 Recruiting Prospects

I know news about USC's head coaching is breaking but it already has me wondering the recruiting reaction. Is this big enough to keep guys like Ju Ju Smith and Quick west? Luatua? This is where my interest will be while the head coaching search closes.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know news about USC's head coaching is breaking but it already has me wondering the recruiting reaction. Is this big enough to keep guys like Ju Ju Smith and Quick west? Luatua? This is where my interest will be while the head coaching search closes.

Wondering the same thing. Seems like USC has been trying to rekindle the Carroll glory days by bringing in anyone that was there at the time. Sarkisian and the Ogre will recruit well (assuming the Ogre is staying based on rumors of him as the new DC)

Great question. Especially if Orgeron stays and Tosh goes with Sark from UW. The combined recruiting power would be nasty and hard to get by, at least in the short term. Let's see what the on the field product brings. I bet it will cause issues with JuJu, Quick and Luatua.

Joe Mixon has already added USC back to his top group since he heard of the hire, only the beginning, must weather the storm.

Edited by Big23Head
Wondering the same thing. Seems like USC has been trying to rekindle the Carroll glory days by bringing in anyone that was there at the time. Sarkisian and the Ogre will recruit well (assuming the Ogre is staying based on rumors of him as the new DC)

Oregeron not going to be part of Sark's staff. Supposedly resigned after he didn't get the job.

Heather Brittany @HeatherBrit

Confirmed: Despite being offered more money and an Assistant HC position, Coach Ed Orgeron has sent in his resignation to #USC.

It's USC, they'll always be able to recruit.

The sky is blue, etc...

Lupoi is a meh to me- not an upgrade on Orgeron really. The bad pub this hire will be beneficial to us in the short term.

I'm delighted with this hire.

Tosh vs Ed

Tosh may be a bit if a better recruiter (though both are great), but Ed is a better d line coach, and Ed had the in with the players and recruits there while Tosh would be starting from scratch with a new program at USC.

Eh.

My friend was an assistant trainer at UW, said Tosh is an amazing recruiter but a creep haha.

- Dalton Schultz...: #Rivals250 TE Dalton Schultz. RT @BinghamBaller9: Wow Sark to USC. That might switch things up....

- ND visiting Braden Smith this week. Currently in top 3 with TCU and A&M, Bama would lead if they were more interested. ND could be a player.

- Luatua commenting as well: @Luatua9 USC turning things around hope sarkesian will make an impact like coach O ✌️#FightOn

- ND and other teams will have to weather the initial storm with USC recruiting. Trust the coaches and let things play out. I think it is a meh hire and UW has potential to upgrade from Sark.

- Starks is still the same story, ND not really an option for him right now. OU may be close to offering him "again"

- JR Sandin is tweeting there may be a 2014 and/or 2015 ND commit this week.

Edited by Big23Head
interesting, seems like that's been his top three since the spring. surprised ND is still in it with him.

I feel like they may only take him if he is the best available and wants in. It isn't a need position unless it comes out that someone is leaving or hurt.

My guess would be Luatua and Hoge.

I'd agree, definitely with Hoge and hoping for Luatua.

- Hendrix set visits to Texas Tech and Arkansas for the next 2 weekends. After that ND should know more info. Also things with Sark will be setting in so the next 2 weeks will be interesting to watch.

- Coaches visiting Lazard

- Kolin Hill visits Colorado this weekend then ND nexg

Edited by Big23Head
My gut tells me that Sandlin's talking about Hoge and Charles Nelson.

I only reason I didn't say Nelson was because he visits next week and Sandin eluded to this week. Who knows.

- More on Kolin Hill. He is coming with his dad, said he thinks Texas will offer but he needs to see ND to compare them. Bk and Diaco will visit him before he visits next week. Must really be after him.

- TheRizz, you PMed me about recruiting but I cannot answer you, it says you are not accepting private messages and I cannot reply.

It'll be curious how all this Coach Martin stuff will affect things.

Considering he left for a head job and wasn't fired, and that he still idolizes the HC job at ND and wants it one day, I'd imagine that if BK has an issue with a recruit that was tight to Martin, that Chuck would place a call and still urge the recruit to go to ND.

Considering he left for a head job and wasn't fired, and that he still idolizes the HC job at ND and wants it one day, I'd imagine that if BK has an issue with a recruit that was tight to Martin, that Chuck would place a call and still urge the recruit to go to ND.

I only see two guys on Rivals listing Chuck as their recruiter. I think you are right and it will have little impact. Unlikely these kids would choose M(OH) over ND and Martin is not enough of a reason to bounce entirely.